Secret

Secret

 

Jongin notices her behaviour these past few days. She would avoid him for a day, mostly it's only a few hours since he's drowning himself with lot's of work. He didn't quite understand her mood swings, sometimes she's all lovey-dovey, raining him with kisses and I love you's and the next thing you'll know she'll be like a mad woman. He's faced with Hulk's wrath whenever he ignores her or doesn't take her seriously. She would throw a tantrum, whining and crying like a 5-year-old when he forgets the things she asked him to buy (one of those chocolate covered crackers). He didn't intend to forget, his mind is just occupied with the upcoming projects his Boss entrusts him. Women are just so sensitive.

 

Jongin and Soojung have been married for 3 years. Travelling to different countries for their honeymoon.  They met in University, both majoring in the engineering field. They dated for a good 2 years until Jongin proposes. They live in a large, luxury condominium since it's only the two of them. Jongin works at a construction company, Wu Corp. Soojung on the other hand works for Hae Won landscapes. 

 

Jongin loves her so much but sometimes he can't quite get her. He tried all means of making her spill her frustrations but ends up getting a good glare and nag from her. 

 

Jongin will never forget that day where he and Soojung were watching a sad movie. Hands wrapped around her shoulder, he hears her faint sob and the next thing you know she was crying buckets of water and he has to lend her his Calvin Klein t-shirt as a substitute since they run out of Kleenex.  

 

And just last week, his friends came over and brought freshly cooked lobsters and different kinds of seafoods. Soojung ate like a pig, munching in every seafood she finds on the table. The next morning she throw-up, possibly every single content of what she ate that night. Jongin has to take a leave of absence just to tend to her. She looked so pale, but still managed to eat lots. By the end of the day she slept soundlessly and Jongin was dead tired, running back and forth from his house all the way to the store nearby.

 

Sometimes he wonders why his wife is acting all different lately. Was she hiding something from him that she couldn't say? Every time she calls him while he's answering his emails inside his office, she would always look nervous. Like there's something that she wants to tell him but couldn't force the words out of . She would only end up saying "I love you." and return back to their bedroom.

 

And when Jongin tries to force her out to say what she wants to say, she would fidget uncomfortably from her chair, drawing circles on her leg (a habit of hers). It has been bothering him about it. What if she has a disease and is too afraid to tell him? He shivered at the thought.

 

 

It was another typical Saturday evening. Jongin is rummaging through his drawers and table in his office, hoping to find a specific folder. Soojung is quietly watching her favourite Korean Drama in the living room while eating cheese flavoured popcorn. Searching on the drawer under his table he finds a black folder, the one he's been looking for. He was about to close it when something caught his attention. A white rectangular, that almost look like a stick. He curiously picked it up and held it near his face. Jongin was sure that is a pregnancy test. 

 

His widen when the test shows two red lines. 

 

"Soojung!" He called while storming out of his room. Soojung who is happily munching on her popcorn was startled by the sudden loud voice. Jongin stood in front of her with a frown on his face. Soojung looked at him as if telling 'What's up?'. Jongin held up the pregnancy test and Soojung's eyes widen. Guilt showed on her eyes as she looked down to the ground like a child who was scolded by her mother.

 

"Something you wanna tell me?" Jongin asked with raised eye brows. He was happy by the news that they will finally have baby. But disappointed because Soojung didn't tell him soon. Soojung fidgeted uncomfortably. It seems like it's a new habit for her now.

 

"I-I'm...." She's thinking of the right words to say. "I-I'm sorry!" She said loudly while standing up. Jongin was shocked by her sudden outburst. "I'm sorry okay? I didn't know how I will tell you..." Tears blurred her vision as she bit back a sob. She really is pregnant....she's so sensitive now. Jongin thought. 

 

He sat down on the couch and pulled her towards him, wrapping his arms on her waist. Soojung sat down on his lap and buried her face on his shoulder as Jongin caressed her hair. "How many weeks?" He whispered near her ear. "3 weeks." She answers.

 

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? You left me worried that something is wrong."

 

"Sorry."

 

"That's why you've been acting strange lately." He chuckled. Soojung pulled away and looked at him. "You're not mad at me?" He shook his head and planted a gentle kiss on her lips. "How can I be mad at you?"

 

"I can never be mad at my dear wife and the mother of my child." He smiles and she smiles too.

 

"I love you."

 

"I love you too."

 

"Since everything is settled now....can you buy me dukbokki? I've been craving for them since this morning." Jongin chuckled and peck her cheeks.

 

"Anything for you, Love."

 

 


THE END