Chapter 9: His Majesty's Birthday

The Princess And The Singer Book 2: The War For Her Heart

Chapter 9: His Majesty’s Birthday

While the people of South Korea silently sleep, a storm which has been brewing has started encroaching on their shores.

The next few days would prove to be fateful.

“Yeoreobeun Annyeong Haseyo! As you all know tomorrow, is His Majesty’s birthday! The government has already announced a one week celebration throughout the country!”

“It’s that time of the year again! Hmm… what should I give father this time?” Seohyun, Namsun and Adrian were all discussing what present to give to their father.

“We were all busy during the past few days that we forgot to get him a present!” says Namsun.

“I know right? Aigoo! My head hurts!” says Adrian.

“Oh I know now! Why don’t we all give him a gift which is from all of us?!”

Her two brothers briefly looked at each other before saying simultaneously “ANDWAEYO!”

“Oh come on you two! Think of it! He would really appreciate it!”

“ANDWAYEO!”

“Aigoo! You both want your own credits! That’s not important here!”

“Seohyun-ah, think of the last time we did something like what you’re saying!” says Adrian.

“Hmm… Let me see… Ah! When we were 4 years old!... Aigoo… And we only made him a shabby drawing of our family…”

“Well, I wouldn’t call it shabby… He still has that drawing you know.” says Namsun.

“How did you know that?”

“I saw it inside one of his drawers in his study room!”

“Oh… WAIT! What are you doing inside his study room?!” Adrian demanded.

“Well, I was looking for a book so I thought father must’ve borrowed it without my permission so I went inside there and started looking for it when I found the drawing!”

“Is that the truth?” Seohyun asks.

“Ne!”

“Arasseo! We believe you! Geurae! Let’s all vote! Who’s in favor of giving his own gift raise your hand!”

Only Adrian raised his hand!

“YAH! NAMSUN! WHY DIDN’T YOU RAISE YOUR HAND?!”

“Oh! Well, I thought about what we did when we were four years old and came to a conclusion that doing something like that again, giving our father a gift that came from all of us isn’t such a bad idea!”

“See? Oppa, well?”

“… Arasseo! As if I have any choice left!”

“So, what are we going to give him?” Namsun starts.

They all did some brainstorming but couldn’t think of anything decent.

“A trip overseas is like going on a state visit… Hmmm….:” Adrian thinks of something else.

“A new shirt isn’t enough either…” says Seohyun.

“So are a dozen books!” says Namsun.

While the 3 were brainstorming, in another part of the Blue House…

“Are you sure Your Majesty?”

“Ne. Sure, are country is in a state of tension and worry and I was thinking that my birthday would at least make my people smile, even a little.”

“Ah… His Majesty is always understanding.”

“Everyone is, it’s just that, some people are afraid to be one. Now, start preparing! The whole country shall take part in this celebration!”

“Yes your Majesty!”

So anyways, the party for the King would be held at the open grounds of the Blue House. While some employees were waiting for a delivery of certain ingredients, they were talking about the party and what might happen there. Then finally, a truck appeared. One of the employees knocked on the driver’s window. When the driver opened it, the employee was about to speak when the driver brought out a gun and told the employee and it’s companions to back off towards the wall. Soon after, more of the driver’s companions came out of the truck and they all had guns in their hands.

The employees were made to face the wall with their hands tied.

“Yah! What are you going to do with us?!”

“Wait a minute! You’re all North…”

One by one, the employees died as they were shot at close range by the North Koreans. The gunshots weren’t heard since they shot them at very a very close range.

The North Koreans immediately got the outfits of the employees to disguise themselves and subsequently put the dead bodies inside the truck. Of course, they took out the ingredients first. Now, they were in position to infiltrate the symbol of the South’s power and sovereignty.

By then, much of the preparation for the celebration has already been completed. Only a few things remained to be seen… Like what the three heirs to the throne are to give to their father.

“How about a video presentation then?” Seohyun suggests while texting Seulong.

“A video presentation? I don’t know… I mean although he is our father and all, he’s still the King…” says Namsun.

“But, it’s the thought that counts right?” says Adrian.

“Well, I guess you’re right oppa. Let’s start right now! Oh wait, I have to text Seulong oppa first!”