In love with someone else?

In love with someone else?

 

Baekhyun was afraid to tell Kris about his secret. It was really a big secret too, one he couldn’t keep for much longer. One he had held for three years. As Kris was sitting beside him in the couch and Baekhyun could feel the electricity, the static tension building up between them, but it was probably only Baekhyun who could feel that. The younger of the two always watched his Leader’s every single move, from his hand on his thigh to a slouching hand that was either around Tao’s shoulders or Suho’s. All in all, whatever the Leader did or said could send Baekhyun either flying to heaven or crashing down to hell. Byun Baek Hyun was irrevocably in love with Kris and he couldn’t do anything about it.

Baekhyun was a master at being cute, and even though his heart was pounding and his mind was racing through a million different thoughts, one day when he and Kris were alone Baekhyun settled himself comfortably beside the older on the couch, or more so, as comfortable as he possibly be during the circumstances. “Hyung, I want cookies, make me some!” Baekhyun demanded as his heart felt like it was racing a hundred miles per hour, of not even more. Kris raised an eyebrow in amusement, “Excuse me, what?!” Baekhyun knew very well that he was cute and let his lips form a full wet pout. “Please, make me some cookies, hyung…” carefully he tugged the elder’s shirt with his fingers and made his puppy eyes even bigger. Kris gulped, “Well,” he started and scratched himself behind his neck with his long slender arm, “I’ll make them if you promise to help me.” Kris’ words weren’t set for arguing, and Baekhyun knew that, very well, the pout becoming more evident as he knew that he had to help make them. “F-Fine I’ll help,” the younger stuttered as he slouched towards the kitchen.

It was actually quite nice to be the only two in the apartment, and being together making cookies. Baekhyun felt a bit less nervous as the two of them were actually alone. So trusting this new found calmness in himself he decided to start a conversation with his hyung, though feeling a bit uneasy because of the subject he was about to start. “H-Hyung, um,” Baekhyun started as he but some chocolate pieces inside the dough they were making, unsure if he should continue. Kris however urged him to go on with what he was about to say. “Do you have any girls you like?” That’s great Baekhyun, now you’ve dug your own grave, his heart pounding erratically as he awaited the elder’s answer. When Baekhyun was about to tell the latter that he didn’t need to answer, that he was just curious, Kris broke the long silence between them, “No.” he stated and the younger’s head snapped up looking at the much taller male beside him. Baekhyun who was now really interested, but still somehow afraid of the answers that would come if he asked more questions, gathered his courage and asked again, “D-don’t you have anyone you like at all?” Kris looked down at the younger one at the corner of his eye, seeing that he was really embarrassed for some reason. “Why are you blushing?” Baekhyun turned away from him as the question settled in his mind. “N-No reason,” his voice faltered. Kris sighed, “But to answer your question, yes I do. I do have someone I like.” Baekhyun felt his heart falter by those words. Whom did he like? Why did he say he didn’t like any girls? Was Kris gay as he was? What was happening? “It’s done!” Kris clapped his hands together dusting himself ‘free’ from wheat and before he ruffled Baekhyun’s hair accidentally brushing his fingers along the younger’s neck. Baekhyun pulled his shoulders up to his ears, reacting to the light touch the other had made. “My neck, it tickles!” Baekhyun giggled. “Really,” Kris frowned as he brushed another finger along the younger’s neck, making the other snatch for his breath. Baekhyun’s weak point was found. “Come,” Kris ordered as he took the latter by his arm and pulled him towards their bedroom, “What are you doing? Where are we going?” All kinds of different questions stumbled out of Baekhyun’s mouth as he was dragged towards the room Kris always shared with Lay. “Hyung, I can’t enter, what if Lay hyung finds out!?” Baekhyun questioned the elder, “It’s okay, just sit on the bed okay, and close your eyes. Baekhyun did as told and could hear Kris rustling around the room as he sat there quietly with closed eyes. “Now you can open them again,” Kris smiled happily as the younger opened his eyes and he presented him with a small ticket, an entrance ticket to a club nearby. “Do you want to go with me?” Kris asked as he looked down on the stunned younger male. “W-why are you asking me, why not any of the other members?” Baekhyun questioned Kris’ sudden ‘gift’ to him. “Because, they are currently busy, and I want to go with you. Isn’t that enough of a reason?” Kris tilted his head, waiting for an answer. Baekhyun suddenly got embarrassed and looked down at his feet, “P-perhaps,” his voice had turned into a whisper. “It’s not just perhaps, it’s obvious. So come on let’s go!” Kris grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and dragged him out of the bedroom. “We’re going now?” Baekhyun gulped when Kris looked down on him again, “Yes, is there a problem,” he stopped dead in his tracks and frowned down at the younger. But when Baekhyun shook his head nervously Kris tugged his arm again and dragged him with him outside.

Kris and Baekhyun were sitting at the far back corner of the club, quite close to the entrance. Kris who was easily sociable had found someone to talk to already and was quite engrossed in the conversation they were having. Baekhyun however felt left out and alone even though he was sitting beside his crush. “Hey, mind if I sit?” A man settled down beside Baekhyun even before he could answer, but much to Baekhyun’s dismay, Kris didn’t react to this new person at all. “Hi, what’s your name?” the man put a hand on Baekhyun’s back as he took his hand in his own, greeting Baekhyun. “Baekhyun,” he voiced looking down at his lap, feeling uncomfortable in this man’s presence. “I’m not sure if I want to tell you my name yet…” the man mumbled in his drunkenness. He didn’t reply; he just kept staring at Kris from the corner of his eye, hoping that he would turn around and look at him, save him from this situation.  “So, you’re single?” the man slouched forward, leaning over in Baekhyun’s lap as his hand was doing circular motions on his back. Baek Hyun cringed. It was uncomfortable, he didn’t know this man, Kris was not paying attention and probably drunk himself and Baekhyun… Baekhyun was sober. A small high pitched whimper escaped his mouth as the man’s hand crept closer to his neck. “Hey, cut it out will you!?” It was an angry voice who spoke up, Kris. He put an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders and pulled him close to his side, harshly. “Hey bro, chill, why the sudden interest? I found him first!” Kris’ eyes turned dark like the night without a moon, “You, found, him, first?!” Baekhyun whimpered in Kris’ embrace, not because it was painful, but because of his rage. “Hyung, stop, please, let’s just go!” he tugged the taller man’s shirt, but Kris didn’t listen. “Go to hell. Baekhyun is mine!” he growled staring down at the drunken man. By those words Baekhyun’s heart fluttered, what did he mean? “Hyung, please let’s just go!” Baekhyun pleaded again, this time taking a hold of his hand and guiding him towards the exit. “Baekhyun, I need to punch him in the face! Let me go!” Kris growled again, but Baekhyun didn’t change his mind and kept going for the exit of the club, still keeping a firm hold on the elder’s hand. “Baekhyun!” Kris shouted as they reached the corner of the building and pushed the younger against the wall, “Baekhyun…” he shouted again, his voice softer now. “What is it hyung?” Baekhyun had to admit he was kind of scared, he could smell the alcohol from the latter’s mouth and Kris was angry. “Kris, please let’s take this elsewhere…” Baekhyun whimpered, “Chanyeol…” Baekhyun frowned, “Excuse me?” as Kris moved closer he continued, “Aren’t you and Chanyeol together?” this time it was Kris’ time to frown, his question serious and sudden. “No!” Baekhyun jumped at the words Kris had used, “No, I’m not together with Chanyeol, what makes you think that?” Kris snorted, “The way you two are always together and joking and playing around, who wouldn’t?” Baekhyun bit his lip as he placed a hand on top of Kris’ cheek, “Don’t think that. It’s not true, we’re not together.” Kris was dangerously close to Baekhyun’s face, he could feel his breath on his face; it reeked of alcohol. “Hyung, let’s go ho—“ Baekhyun’s mouth was silenced by a pair of lips on his, sealing his mouth shut.

“Baekhyun, I love you!” Kris whispered against his lips, “I love you, I love you, I love you!”  Baekhyun stood there stunned by Kris’ sudden confession. Not ever, not even once in his life had he thought that Kris would say something like that to him. Not in his entire lifetime did he expect something like this. He broke down crying. “What’s wrong?” Kris caressed the younger’s cheek, “I, it’s just that… I love you too and… I’ve done so for a long time and… I never expected this to happen!” he bawled, clinging on to Kris’ shirt, burying his face in between his arms. “You did, I mean you do?” Kris answered with a shocked tone; frankly he was shocked; Baekhyun actually liked him back? The person he thought belonged to someone else was now in his arms, telling him he loved him, clinging on to him like his life depended on it! “Baekhyun,” Kris whispered as the other didn’t answer his somehow rhetorical question, “Let’s go home okay?” When Baekhyun nodded Kris hauled the other to his feet, slipped his hand in his and guided him back home.

At home Kris and Baekhyun had settled on the couch; Baekhyun warmly snuggled up to Kris relaxing in his strong, warm embrace. Kris was Baekhyun’s arm up and down, and to Baekhyun, this didn’t feel awkward or uncomfortable. He knew Kris and he felt loved and accepted together with him. “Hyung?” Baekhyun looked up at the handsome Chinese man he was snuggled up to “When are the other’s coming home?” Kris chuckled, “Tomorrow afternoon I believe.” Leaning his head against Kris’ chest Baekhyun wondered, “What do you want to do in the meantime then?” Kris seemed to be in deep thought before he decided to answer cheekily; “We could do, you know…” he wriggled his eyebrows suggestively, “Sounds interesting” Baekhyun blushed by his own words. Kris tilted Baekhyun’s head to the side and planted a kiss on his neck, earning a high pitched squeak from the younger. A low chuckle escaped from Kris’ throat, “You better run while you can, or your, oh so sensitive neck, and the rest of you of course will be in deep trouble!”  Baekhyun screamed as he leaped of the couch and ran towards the bathroom, but before he managed to reach for the door Kris pulled him back and lifted him up into his arms. “Lord, save me!” Baekhyun squealed as he struggled against Kris. “You wish,” the latter rumbled with laughter and quietly slid inside the bedroom with a still squealing Baekhyun in his arms. It was going to be a long, long night.