Halfway Through

Journey to Forever (An SNSD Fanfiction)

 

Three weeks. Three long weeks of nothing but text messages and phone calls…long enough to drive someone like Taeyeon crazy. Kim Taeyeon, the leader of the top Korean girl group SNSD, was currently touring Europe. Unlike her previous visits, her schedule was free for she was on vacation with her family. But although she was with the people she loved and missed so much, her heart still longed for that one person who made it beat faster than it should for the past eight years of her life—Tiffany Hwang.

     Tiffany was left behind in Seoul; she said she would fly to Los Angeles to visit her dad and her sister during their break. It’s been three days since she last heard from Tiffany, and Taeyeon doubted if the other girl was still with them. Not that Tiffany cared less for her family, but Taeyeon knew all too well how attached Tiffany was to Seoul—her true home, as Tiffany put it. The other members were away as well, taking advantage of the little free time they were given before the frenzy of idol life hit them once more.

     Her phone beeped and Taeyeon smiled upon checking whom the message came from. Hyoyeon uploaded a picture of herself and her boyfriend to their chat room. Rumors about the dancing queen and her alleged “boyfriend” had been running around the Internet for the past days. Neither Hyoyeon nor SM had confirmed it yet, but anyone who saw the couple together could draw the conclusion that the two were not just merely in love, but loved being in love with each other. Taeyeon could not be any happier for her friend and sister, but, of course, she would never admit it, even on chat message.

           TY: Yah! Kim Hyoyeon! Do you want us to choke to death with all that lovey-doviness?!

           HY: Aish! give me my moment! you’re just jealous ‘coz Fany-ah’s not with you!

TY: Whatever. just make sure that the preggy rumor isn’t true! We don’t want you dancing bloated on our world tour, k?

HY: Yah!

     Taeyeon smiled followed quickly by a sigh. No matter how much she tried to be cool about the girls being in relationships, she could not help but fear the possibility of them marrying and having families of their own probably in the next couple of years. She knew she was being selfish at times, but she also knew that she would be more than just heartbroken once the proverbial “end” of Girls’ Generation arrived sooner than expected. She would be crushed and lost, for without the other girls with her and without them together as a group, Taeyeon was certain that her life would not be the same anymore, and she was not yet ready to face that glaring reality.