Chapter one

The Boy Belongs Here

Their heaven was sent on fire when, like a domino, country by country were destroyed, razed of their population or killed each other, some just disappeared between the bigger countries that were trying to get more land, some were born and died the day after under manhunt and other atrocity or even deadly epidemic disease. I stood here, watching as they destroyed the world everyone once wanted, the peace they once needed and killed the people they once couldn't let go. I watched as they destroyed what our ancestor always dreamt of : our utopia. The land were brother shared happiness, were money didn't have any value and sickness has its cure. They crushed it down, like an annoying bug in a study room, forgetting the years it took to clean the earth from it dust.

The land we once could live in happily. It didn't exist any more.

I learned my first lesson when my big brother left. I was young, and couldn't understand what my mother was talking about when i asked her why he left. I don't know where he is or if he is even alive. All i know is that he loved me and i loved him back. The only thing i knew was that after that I got closer to my cousin, Kai. We couldn't let go of each other after my big brother's separation, even if Kai was older than me for 4 years. I loved him.

Everything happened so fast, and like lightening, it sound shivered after the storm light. An eight year old could understand the news, so did I. It talked about a Dimension Quest, Kai, about him going into a mission and a war. Everything suddenly got clearer, why wasn't my mom letting me see him, or why Maid replied 'I don't know, Sir' in a small voice when I asked about Kai. She usually knew everything. Well, that's what I thought when I was younger.

They lied to me, they didn't want me to know about him leaving. It was absurd. I angrily glared at maid when I ran to the door. She was stunned, maybe sorry, or scared because she'll lose her job. But I was faster, I ran to Kai's and did everything I could, and after that,everything was a blur. As if I jumped into water. I found myself in a laboratory, and he was here, sleeping under a glassed room. A capsule. There were doctor around him.

Days, week, months after that event, I realized I'll never see him again. After that, a war erupted, like a volcano, and its lava didn't spare anyone. It was like justice, rich and poor were one. But it wasn't justice. It was far from being Justice. No one was spared, every living human was killed or emptied out from the reason to live. And of course, I wasn't spared. My dad wasn't. He went to a business trip in the southern floating cities and never came back. Hearing the news, phone long forgotten on the carpet, My mother tightly hugged me and cried. Her eyes saw tears, while mine saw my every dearest relatives disappearing from my vision one by one. Everyone I loved were disappearing without leaving anything behind them. And I could only let them.

This time, I knew what game fate was playing with me. So I went away before anyone could. It may sound stupid, but that's all I could do. I am trapped bird. Like that trapped bird, I had two choices: keep living or die. But I escaped and it followed me. Fate followed me till now, under the ground, where only I and Gongchan knew how to survive. A place not even the oldest and most experienced soldier or detective could find. It hunted me down. Fate rubbed itself against my lungs, making them scream. It went into my mind, electrocuting my soul. Sometimes it think I got mad.

Sitting on my chair, I watched what the once peaceful world became. The world map was lying in front of me, waiting to me explored. It was a new one Gongchan got me from the new market down town. I took a look and laughed, it wasn't the map I got to study when I was younger. Everything changed, and nothing was ever going to be as it used to be. We are cursed.

"Today, I searched up a really old archive." I said to Gongchan who just entered the room. I didn't let him catch his breath. I knew it irritated him when I did so.

"You are always doing so." He got off his heavy military patterned coat, the snow that gathered fell on it on the ground.

"No!" I said, the snow on the ground was already getting on my nerves "Not any archive... " I paused, looking at the now melted snow "It was the prohibited one. The one the government locked up fearing it would reveal some doubt in their puppets." I got his attention now, his eyes were waiting me to continue " I had a hard time finding the password, and now I got access to everything..."

"Maybe you could find something about Doctor Zhang Yixing and his assistant." He simply said now heading to take a mope from the kitchen, making me smile.

"I love how you always express out loud my intentions." We both smirked.

That night, before sleeping, several scenario of me closing Zhang Yixing's case played in my mind. It excited me, but saddened me at the same time. What will I become after this? Maybe I could run away. Far, far away, maybe this time, a place were fate couldn't find me.

My alone time was interrupted when he heard several bangs on our already heavy door. I joined Gongchan front of the door, tranquillizer in left hand and a weapon in right, which name was too complicated. Gongchan gave me a look and carelessly open the door as he was wore a heavy protection on his white pyjamas, mask on his face. We could have been attacked or worse, dead, if it was an enemy, but we weren't. The heavy door crushed the wall and we met nothing but a man in a fetal position on the cold floor. He still had snow in his brownish locks.

Mask still on my face, I explored his clothed body, scanning for any dangerous device with my high-tech rings on both hands. He was unconscious and bleeding.

"Nothing here." I said to Gongchan who was scanning the surrounding for any danger, getting the mask off. 

"Get him in. Sherlock will kill him anyway if he does any wrong move." I took the unconscious body and entered, looking at Sherlock that actually was a security system, for any signal, but none came. On, off, On, Off. It kept showing that green light.

And again, I could only watch as my spare night became another night of (somehow) work.

      31rst December, Sehun.

 


This is for my friend who loves Sehun and Luhan (especially together)

Time line :From the future -> The boy belongs here (From Sehun's point of view!Yay!)

XiaoHu