Heads up

Finally

 

\(^o^\) (/^o^)/

"KIM ING JONGHYUN!"

 

"Yes, Choi Minho?

 

Minho growls. "You."

 

Minho has never killed, nor has he laid his hands on anyone violently that he has a close to none idea of what it feels like to grip somebody's throat in his tight grasp. He considers the act of killing in itself is sick, but under certain circumstances, he would like to think of a certain roommate as his first victim.

 

"Me?" Jonghyun cluelessly points to himself, confused as why the younger one is addressing him angrily.

 

"You sick, sick bastard." Minho brings up three pieces of paper (chock full of names and girly handwriting and red hearts that makes Minho's stomach turn) and slams it down Jonghyun's bed. The latter looks at it in confusion as he slowly realizes why Minho was clearly seething and pays his anger no heed. In fact, it only made the older one grin even more. "What the is the meaning of this."

 

"Well, it's a list."

 

"I know it's a ing list! Do you think I'm stupid? Do I look stupid to you?!"

 

"Now now, Minho, relax. It's really not as bad as it looks."

 

Minho presses his temple with his thumb and forefinger, but the action deems to be ineffective in making his headache go away. "What."

 

"See, what could possibly go wrong? People go out on dates all the time."

 

"Jonghyun."

 

"Okay, well, people except you. But that's not the point. It's a perfect opportunity for you to finally meet someone!"

 

"Hyung."

 

It was typically not his character, nor was it one of his traits to feel helpless at a random situation he was put in. Minho was well known for keeping a stoic face, effortlessly putting on a strong mask of protection under any pressure as the facade helps him adjust to any environment he was into.

 

"It's just a date, Minho. I don't understand why you're so worked up."

 

"I don't date."

 

"Then the lucky winner will be your first!"

 

"You don't understand. I'm not emotionally equipped to deal with such primal bothers as dating."

 

Silence.

 

"Sooo you're gay?"

 

"What."

 

"I'll take that as a 'yes' then."

 

"Get out."

 

"You can't order me to leave. I'm your hyung and this is my room, too."

 

"Get the out or I'll bash your face."

 

"Hehe, but you won't. Now back to my point. See Minho, you could have just made things easier if you, from the start, informed me that you prefer over- ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I'LL LEAVE NOW PUT THE ING VASE DOWN"

 

 

\(^o^\) (/^o^)/

 

 

It was (highlight on the past tense, was) a beautiful and peaceful day. The sun was shining brightly, the birds were chirping and the sky was clear, everything was perfect for his morning ritual of jogging around campus at six am. Minho tests his brand new sneakers, hearing them rustle so wonderfully against the concrete as he does body stretches starting from the rolls of his neck to the heels of his feet.

 

This day was perfect and nothing was out of the ordinary. The knowledge in itself that practically nothing can interfere with his good mood makes him smile to himself. Though the action makes him earn a few shrieks of adoration or sighs of longing, Minho thought nothing of those as he started to make laps around campus.

 

At the end of the first hour, at exactly 7:09, it has come to Minho's attention that there was an abnormal amount of noise collected at the announcement board of the east side of the university. A group of students, correction, a group of noisy squealing girls were hoarded around a (what Minho assumes is) sign-up sheet for auditions or a screening of some sort.

 

He walks closer to see what the commotion was all about then when he was only three feet away, the group of girls start to turn around and stare at him in shock, only to be replaced by an animalistic glint in their eyes that made Minho instantly regret his act of curiosity.

 

Minho is thankful that there is this loud morning bell everyday at 7:15, making the girls snap back to reality and Minho runs as fast as he can to save himself. He has never been more pleased in his life.

 

Three hours later, he's walking to the science wing for his chemistry class with Mr. Jung. He's also running late but Minho's too unmindful of the time, not when he can easily slip in at the back of the hall and make his entrance unnoticed. He won't be missing out on anything anyway when only the first 5 minutes of lecture has passed.

 

So he decides to take his time to walk, feet clacking against the pavement in a slow and careful rhythm. His hands were tucked in his pockets and his bag is slung over his shoulder as he hums to himself and enters the east building through the front.

 

"Hey Minho!"

 

At the call of his name, said boy turns and faces the source of the voice. "Hey Capt!"

 

Junsu grins. "So, you headed to class?"

 

"Yeah," Minho smiles and checks his watch. "I'm late, though."

 

"Silly boy." The older laughs, steps closer and places his hand on Minho's shoulder. It was odd, for him, because the captain only does this action when Minho is in for a scolding or some serious talk. But Junsu is smiling at him appreciatively that Minho only tilts his head in confusion.

 

"Look Minho, I'm really grateful for your participation in the club's fundraising activity. You know we're tight on money and what you and Jonghyun are doing means a lot. Thank you."

 

Minho blinks.

 

Once.

 

Twice.

 

"Huh?"

 

"You know what I'm talking about." Junsu laughs. "Anyway, I must be going now. Ms. Kim will be locking the lecture hall in a while and I can't afford to miss her class, biology and all."

 

Minho scratches the side of his head. "Okay? Um hyung, about what you wer-“

 

" only a minute left! Well, see you later at practice, Minho. Bye!"

 

And before Minho can finish, he's left talking to no one in particular and he can only watch Junsu's retreating back disappear down the empty hallway. He'll just have to ask later, then. Minho thinks as he heads to his own class on the second floor.

 

Wait. .

 

 

 


\(^o^\) (/^o^)/

 

 

It was five in the afternoon that day that Minho once again finds himself face-to-face with the reason behind his distress.

 

"What do you want."

 

"Hi." Jonghyun grins. "I come in peace."

 

Minho peers at the older as he scans him from head to toe. "No."

 

"Okaaay. I guess you don't want this, then?" Jonghyun waves a packet of ramen in front of his face and just when Minho was about to refuse, his stomach grumbles which, in turn, also made Minho grumble.

 

"Get in."

 

"I knew it!"

 

However, when Jonghyun was about to enter, Minho almost shuts the door to his face and leaves only a fraction of it open. "Don't assume things. I'll be through with you after this."

 

"You do know that your threats don't work on me anymore."

 

"I have your collection of SNSD CD's hidden somewhere in this dorm and if you don't compromise with me, consider them burned."

 

Jonghyun furrows his brows and Minho finds a smirk making way to his lips. "You wouldn't dare."

 

"Try me."

 

" you, Choi Minho."

 

"No. Gross."

 

Jonghyun purses his lips and crosses his arms in front of his chest as he finally lets out a sigh of resignation. "Fine, we'll talk inside. Are you happy now?"

 

"Not quite."

 

It has come to Minho's attention that his roommate (soon to be ex roommate) is one hell of a sly bastard to begin with. Reasoning doesn't simply work with Jonghyun and if agreements were to be established, the older would always find a way to slip through the excuses. So Minho is now left to the only reasonable option any person in his situation will do: blackmail.

 

"Choi Minho, where did you ing hide them."

 

"Kim Jonghyun, why is my name on the ing board."

 

Jonghyun sighs. "Okay, first things first. To be clear, I may have just, sort of, accidentally...volunteered you to participate in the activity."

 

"No ."

 

"No really, I thought it was a great oppor- WAIT A MINUTE YOU LISTEN TO ME"

 

Minho sits back down on his bed and crosses his arms in front of his chest.

 

"It wasn't just me who put your name in there. And it was also entirely your account for not attending the meeting yesterday."

 

Minho glares. "I wasn't informed."

 

"Not my fault." Jonghyun sticks out his tongue playfully. "That's what you get for sleeping all day. Really man, you're like a hibernating bear in human form. You sleep whenever you have nothing to do or even when you close your eyes- OKAY OKAY FINE PUT THE VASE DOWN PLEASE"

 

Minho sighs. "Hyung, I just want an explanation. And my name out of the candidates."

 

"I can do the first, but the second one, I don't think so." Jonghyun chances a peek at the other and continues. "As you know, we're running low on funds. And we can't compete in the nationals if we have no money in the first place.

 

"Since valentines is coming up, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to gather money-"

 

"You mean, rip money off girls."

 

"Yeah something like that. I proposed an auction for a chance to date some of the guys on the team. It’s beneficial for us, and think about it dude, that's instant cash! The rest of the guys agreed as well."

 

Minho sighs. "Now explain to me why is my name in the ing list.”

 

“That pretty simple. You weren’t present yesterday.” Jonghyun grins.

 

Minho narrows his eyes at the older as he continues to glare unceremoniously. “You planned this, didn’t you.”

 

“Don’t go assuming things now, Minho.”

 

“You didn’t tell me about the meeting, on purpose, so I wouldn’t be able to refuse. Didn’t you?”

 

“If you put the situation that way, you may or may not be...correct.”

 

“You ing bastard.”

 

Jonghyun smirks. “Duh. I have to make sure the team’s best asset would be included, else, my idea will be senseless to begin with.”

 

“What are you talking about.” Minho seethes. “We have Siwon hyung and Seunghyun hyung on the team and trust me on this when I say I’m not the-”

 

“They have girlfriends now, don’t they? Which makes you the only single one the girls will be left to pine for. Chicks dig those types of .”

 

Minho narrows his eyes. “I’m still not doing this.”

 

“Suit yourself. You’ll be letting the whole team down when they know about you throwing this responsibility out the window as if the only thing that matters is your opinion and not the betterment of the team. Not to mention that Junsu hyung is already preparing for the event and Donghae hyung has already reserved the venue and Taeyeon noona's already appointed as the emcee and-”

 

It has come down to this point of the argument that Minho realizes that he has basically three things that he hates most in the world:

 

1) He hates kimchi. Kimchi tastes like and his tongue can’t get acquainted with the taste, no matter how much he tried to put up with it before just to please his mother during dinner. There was something unflattering about the cabbage sliding its way past his mouth and the taste was way too rich for him to enjoy.

2)He hates coffee. When he was young, Minho has watched something about the best coffee in the world. He was expecting somewhat a bean of the richest and finest quality, preserved and grown in the most pleasing conditions but happens when he discovers that the best coffee was actually the (no, literally, the ) of some black mammal that Minho has no intention of seeing ever again.

3) Last, but not the least, Minho hates it when the words of his stupid dinosaur of a roommate make sense.

 

“I have conditions before I agree.” Minho proposes as Jonghyun looks up.

 

“It’s not like you can back out now. Woa, alright fine, stop glaring at me dude.” Jonghyun shudders. “What.”

 

“One, I want you to buy me lunch for a whole week.”

 

“That’s it?”

 

“Two, I don’t want you anywhere near my laptop from now on. My browser’s lagging because of all the you download you dim-witted .”

 

“But you watch it, too.”

 

“Shut up.” Minho clears his throat. “Three, you will not see your SNSD merchandise until all this is settled.”

 

“It only mid January!” Jonghyun shouts. “Give them back to me now!”

 

“Maybe you’re actually not in the position to propose a bargain.”

 

“A week!”

 

“No.”

 

“You’re such a sissy, Minho.”

 

“I dare you to say that to my face, one more time.”

 

Jonghyun smiles sickly. “I mean you’re the loveliest person in the whole wide world and if I were born to be a girl in the next life, I’ll definitely fall in love with you! You self-absorbed brat.” Jonghyun whispers to himself but with all intention to be understood loud and clear.

 

“It was nice doing business with you, hyung. And I’ll pretend I didn’t hear the last part.”

 

\(^o^\) (/^o^)/
 


A/N: Feedback would be very much appreciated. <3