It all started when....

All Started In My Last Year Of High school...

 

 
It was my very last year in high school... THANK GOD!!! I just couldn't handle all of its frustrations anymore!! I mean, being surrounded by tons of my friends is fun, but come on!! Arriving early to school just to sit down at a desk for hours on end! Jeez and ages! 
 
Let me tell you of my very last year. I'm sure it will be quite entertaining!....
 
As usual, I arrived quite a bit before school ACTUALLY starts. My class rep/ best friend, Yunho, liked to race me to school... 
As the highest earning mark students in the whole school, we took pride on punctuality... Well, he did. I just didn't want to lose to him!
We did our morning routine: headed to our home room and cleaned up for period one class. We visited the teachers lounge to notify them of our existence in the school and then headed off to the library for fun!
 
For your information, we weren't nerds! We were highly interested in education. And we weren't the teacher's pet! We just got the highest marks with almost no effort and some how got noticed by the school faculty! Look, if you are going to listen to my story, you should get your facts straight first!
 
Anyway, back to what I was saying... The library! Right! We walked into the library and we couldn't help but notice the pile of fresh, new hard cover books. If you had seen our expressions, you would have laughed!
 
Yunho and I rushed full speed to the table.
 
"They finally came!! I have been waiting for them for like... EVER!!" I said with an exasperated tone
 
"Yeah right..." Yunho rolled his eyes
 
"What~? I have! The tenth and final book of my favourite book series, 'An Angel's Kiss'...."
 
"Romance novels... Yuck!"
 
"Hahaha! I know right! The first time I ever considered picking up a romance novel was the first book of this series. I don't know why, but I find it quite interesting! Considering it involves a bunch of foreshadowing, plot twists and cliffhangers! Don't forget the absolutely hilarious situation the protagonist gets into!"
"That's very nice, Mimi..."
 
Yunho had his attention on the back of one of the books. Occasionally, he would push up his glasses.
 
I could see why he was so popular with the girls. He was quite handsome with his honey blond hair, dark brown eyes and square glasses that gave him a look of masculinity. Did I mention his grades?! Oh yeah... I did...
 
"But, that book was out in stores for a couple weeks now... Why didn't you ask to get it?" He looked over at me.
 
"I already live under your roof, eat your food and your parents buy the necessary things for me... I don't want them to spend even more money! I think I have told you this a million times already!!! Why do you keep forgetting?" I hit him in the head with the book I had in my hand.
 
"Ah jeez! But you were entrusted to my parents! You are like the daughter they never had! I don't think they would mind if they bought you a few books. With your grades, they would buy you anything!" He rubbed his head where I hit him.
 
"I know, I know... But still... After my family passed away and I moved in with yours, I just have the need to pay them back for their kindness!"
 
"But our parents used to be the best of friends! We were happy to bring you in!!"
 
"Yeah... But at thirteen years old, we're you happy to have to share half your room with the one girl in the world you never really got along with?" I did my usual and poked him in the forehead.
 
"Ok... No... But after I heard of the car accident, I decided to be a good roommate and here we are now! Best friends!" He poked me back.
 
"Yup!! Now, hurry and get the book you were looking for! As the class rep, you will open the door for the students that arrive before the teacher! It's my job to makes sure you do you job, PROPERLY!!"
 
"I got it! Stop pestering me!"
 
He spent the next five minutes looking for the one he wanted. When he finally found it, I had to drag him out by his collar!
 
"Good morning class rep!" Said a few girls from our class.
 
They were part of the 'Hottest Boys in School', a.k.a HBIS, fan club. And Yunho was one of their victims...
 
"Good morning to you too!" Said my BFF.
 
He flashed them his 'signature' smile and opened the door for them. He let them go in first. What a ladies' man!
 
"You can be such a dork you know!" I whispered to him and flicked him in the nose on my way in.
 
"Aish!! Why are you so abusive!?" He shouted as he followed me in.
 
"That's just her way of showing her sisterly affection! Isn't that right, Mimi?"
 
I turned around to find the owner of that voice. It was one of the guys in my class. He was one of mine and Yunho's closest friends. His name was Junsu, another victim of the HBIS! I could see why.
 
He didn't have the best grades... Barely in the 65 percentile but with his jet black hair, almost black eyes, square jaw and earrings, tons of girls had him on their list of good catches. His field of experience?... Everything that has to do with exercising, taking your shirt off and showing off for the girls...
 
Following Junsu was the innocent and playful Changmin!! He was also on 'THAT' list... I can't even say it without shuttering... Scary...
This time, the victim had light-ish dark brown hair, a little past his ears, light brown eyes and a childish attitude. His expertise was in the cuteness range...
 
Then... Following them was... The trouble maker...
 
Park Yoochun. On every teachers' 'bad boy' list. He had a habit for getting into fights, skipping classes and failing every test given to him! With his shoulder length, black hair and his dark eyes and killer look, he is also on that horrible list... 
 
Funny thing is, all three were my closest friends. Ok, I know what you are thinking... 'Ha! The main character has made friends with the four hottest guys in school! We already know where this is going!'
 
Well, if you think that... I will find you, and flush you, head first, down a toilet! Because you got it all wrong! I was friends with them WAY before this HBIS list. 
 
"Hey guys!... Park Yoochun! I am surprised to see you this early in the morning! Actually... I am surprised to see you here at all!" I laughed.
 
I heard a few snickers from the others behind me.
 
"Yeah, yeah... Nice to see you too, Squirt!" He moved past me but decided to flick me dead centre on his way over.
Squirt... What he called me day and night! Since the first day I met him, it has always been Squirt! Only because compared to the four of them, I was short... especially him! he was a freaking giant!
 
I always thought that one day, I was going to get him for it! Gonna give him a piece of my mind!
 
I was in the middle of rubbing my forehead when a hoard of random girls and boys from our grade came rushing in. They all huddled at the front of the class. Whispering and giggling for a while before some of them approached me.
 
"Congratulations Mimi! Fourth year in a row you have dominated the charts of our grade!!" Said one of the boys from my class.
"What are you talking about?"
 
"We mean, you won as the prettiest girl, the smartest girl, the coolest girl, the toughest girl,  and the girl you would most like to go on a date with! You have dominated the charts a fourth year in a row!" Yelled one of the girls.
 
"Let me guess, this was from the HGIS club... Am I right? Those are a lot of categories..."
 
Did I forget to mention that there is also a 'Hottest Girls in School' club? Well, if I did, I'm telling you now! It is a group comprised solely of boys who have nothing better to do than stare at girls and rate them on a scale. So annoying!!
 
 They had been after me for a long time. Constantly asking me to become their goddess and their mascot... What a bunch of weirdos!
"We have the coolest girl in the entire school in our class! How awesome is that?!" Yelled one of the boys.
 
"Don't get to excited! I'm not interested in all this mumbo-jumbo, Alright?mAnd if you are going to celebrate, why do you have cake?! You should have delicious red velvet cupcakes! And if we are going to celebrate, we should celebrate something worth while! Like the basket ball team...making it to THE FINALS!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.
 
The entire class started screaming and yelling with joy. I pushed Junsu into the crowd of clapping fans.
 
"But Mimi! Only you like red velvet cupcakes!!" Yelled Changmin.
 
"I know!"
 
I pulled one out from a plastic container in my bag.
 
"Wow... " chuckled Yoochun
 
"What?! I had it to celebrate the reaching of the finals! You know I don't really like cake! Jeez..." I gobbled the last bit and wiped the icing off my face. "I'm still confused... Why do I keep winning these stupid contests every year! It gets really irritating!"
 
"Well... You have the best arrangement of features" said one of the boys in the class.
 
"What was that?!" I glared at him.
 
"Mimi! You do not glare at someone when they compliment you about your looks!" Said Yunho.
 
He used his lecturing tone he always used with me.
 
"Fine... Please elaborate!" I forced a smile
 
"Well... You have the darkest eyes, which makes everybody automatically drawn into them. Your hair is a dark brown and long~! You are very thin but you eat a lot! Evidence of a very high metabolism! And you just look very pretty!" Answered the boy.
"Um... Thanks?"
 
"Anytime!"
 
The teacher walked in and demanded everyone sit down.
 
"Yunho... You may do the announcements now!" Said Mr. Han.
 
"Yes... Of course. Thank you" he walked up to the front and pulled out his 'handy-dandy' clip board. "We all know about the reaching to the finals-"
 
The whole class cheered. I watched as Yunho chuckled for a little while before clearing his throat loudly to get everybody's attention.
"As I was saying... We already know about the finals, so I will move onto other topics. The volley ball team is having tryouts tomorrow after school till four. The cafeteria will be closed tomorrow as well due to some long awaited vacationing time.... And we will be getting a new transfer student today! His name is Kim Jaejoong... Who doesn't seem to be here just yet..." He glanced over at the teacher, who just shrugged.
 
Yunho closed his clip board thingy ma-jig and sat down.
 
Mr. Han started the lesson and the day went on like that... Until lunch time!
 
 
"Race you guys downstairs!" Yelled Junsu
 
Great... Mr. Imma-jock wants to race. I bet you five bucks he wins! Oh wait... I already know the story... Ah, never mind! 
I couldn't be there to see it anyway... Cause  I was already on my way to get a delicious sandwich from the cafeteria! 
On my way down to the meeting place, I noticed someone sleeping in the flower bed. I didn't recognize him from the school so I guessed he was the new transfer student.
 
"Hey! Are you the new transfer student? Jaejoong... Right? Nice to meet ya!"
 
I held my hand out to shake. 
 
I swear, this new student looked exactly like... Like him...
 
He got up, looked around and brushed past me. I heard him mutter "leave me alone" as he went by.
 
I watched as he walked away. 
 
I used to think 'Jeez...what was his problem?! Oh well... I shall do what he asks... For now... Commence evil laughter!!'
Now that I look back on myself, I realize I was really creepy...
 
I walked over to Changmin, Yoochun, Junsu and Yunho. Their eyes were glued on the new transfer student and their facial expressions looked somewhat disgusted.
 
"Hey guys! What's wrong?" I asked as I sat down to munch on my food.
 
"That was the new kid, right?... I don't like him all that much already!" Spat Junsu.
"I agree!" Said Changmin
 
"Hey! What's with the hostility? You don't even know the guy!" I protested
 
"But the way he treated you!"
 
"So what?! I shouldn't have bothered him anyway... Besides... You should never wake a sleeping lion. They will only want to eat you! And also... Giraffes and hippos aren't good pairs..."
 
"Ok... What?!" Yoochun looked at me with confusion written all over his face.
 
"I've known you for five years and you still expect to get things that make sense coming out of my mouth? Have you learned nothing?!"
 
"Oh yeah... I still wonder to this day why I hang out with you guys..."
 
"Well... It all started when I-"
 
"Oh come on Mimi! I wanna tell the story this time!!" Said Changmin.
 
"But, you do know we're just telling the story to ourselves, right? Almost as if there was someone who was reading us like a book and this is the part where we tell the story of how we got to be friends"
 
If only they knew... Hehehehe...
 
"Um... I guess... But I wanna tell the story!"
 
"Ok! Fine... Tell the story..."
 
"It all started when Yunho and I were forced to live together..." Changmin raised the pitch of his voice to try and imitate mine.
It used to  drive me crazy. I mean, I never sounded anything like that!!
 
"CHANGMIN!!" I jumped him and pinned him to the ground flat on his stomach.
 
The others were laughing their heads off.
 
"You lost your chance" I hissed in his ear. "I will tell the story now..."
 
I moved to sit on him.
 
"It all started when Yunho and I were forced to live together. It was after the car accident my parents and my brother got into. No one survived... Yunho's family and my family were very close, so they took me in and took care of me up until now. I went through this phase of depression and refused to talk to anybody. Yunho decided to interrupt my personal time and drag me over to his 'only' friends-"
 
"They weren't my only friends!! Tell the story truthfully!!" He yelled.
 
"Aw fine! Ok... His CLOSEST friends, Junsu and Changmin. The first thing they did as soon as they saw me was hit on me..." 
"Hey! Wait... No, continue... So far, you are telling the truth..." Said Junsu.
 
"It was the middle of the eighth grade when I met Yoochun... You wanna tell this part of the story? My food is mocking me. It keeps saying 'Mimi~! Come and eat us!!'..."
 
"Sure! I was walking home from detention when I jumped by a bunch of high school guys..." Yoochun laid himself down on the pavement. "As usual, we got into a fight... Me winning of course... But their boss was different. He looked the oldest and the most powerful. He seemed to have the upper hand... And that's when squirt showed up. She just waltzed right into the fight like it was nothing! She ignored the bodies of the passed out guys on walked straight up to the leader. I remember her words exactly. 'Excuse me, I would like to ask you if you can reframe from hurting my classmate anymore! I would greatly appreciate it!'" He used the same annoying voice to imitate me that Changmin used.
 
"He basically moved from being about to punch me to right in front of that little girl. He said something about her being cute and even though she is small, she had tons of courage. All he did was put a hand on her shoulder and squirt just exploded. She kicked in the place the sun doesn't even shine! I almost starting laughing from the guys facial expression! The guy looked ready to kill her, and that's when the rest came. Nerd boy showed up first. He stopped her from beings hit, then followed by sports maniac and mama's boy, who beat the guy to a pulp. After that, you guys wanted squirt to stay away from me, but I guess she didn't listen cause she let me join your group..."
 
"Yeah... And still to this day, I wonder what went through her mind!... And why must you call us by the names you designate for us?!" Yelled Yunho.
 
"Aish! I dunno!..."
 
"That was a fun story time! Now, I'm gonna go to the rooftop!" I announced as I packed my things up.
 
"Why?" Asked Junsu.
 
"You know what day it is!" I heard Changmin whisper.
 
"Oh... Sorry..."
 
"No biggie! Sorry for what? See you guys in class!!" I yelled as I headed off.
 
On my way up the stairs to the rooftop platform, I counted each and every step. After twenty, I lost count...
 
When I finally made it, I opened the door and a fresh spring breeze greeted me. I twirled and skipped my way over to the other side.
"Hey brother! You wouldn't believe what happened to me today! We got a new transfer student! Funny thing is, he looks some much like you, it's scary. And of all days, I meet him today! If you can hear me and you are currently messing with my life, cut it out. Let me live how I wanna live. Mother, if you can hear me as well, do me a favour and smack Minji in the back of the head, please. Father, I am keeping up my studies like you asked! You had better be satisfied or I'll ask mother to hit you too. I hope even in death, you think about me, because every second of the day, you are on my mind... When it's my time, I want you guys to greet me with open arms, and a fresh bowl of ramen!!" I said out loud.
 
I heard a rustling sound and the sound of metal against metal. I walked around to see what it came from only to find the new student huddled in a corner with a little puppy.
 
He was smiling and playing with it until he saw me. A scorn showed up on his face.
 
"Hi! What a cute puppy. Does it have a name?" I asked as I squatted down.
 
"Do you need a boyfriend?" He asked me. "You are following me. And because of that, I get weird thoughts..."
 
Once again, he brushed past me and headed towards the door.
 
"W-wait! Why don't you come and hang out with me and some of my friends! They would love to have a new member of the group. Guarantee!" I called out to him but he only waved his hand. "Jaejoong, at least give me your contact info, ike your cellphone number!"
"I don't have those kinds of luxuries!" He yelled from the staircase.
 
Well... At that time, me neither... but I could've used a pay phone or even the home phone!
 
I decided to head back down instead of continuing my imaginary talk with my dead family. When I didn't see the guys at our eating place, I headed straight for the gym.
 
I guessed right, because they were participating in a small game of soccer tennis. Yunho kept score while Junsu and Changmin were on one team and Yoochun on the next.
 
It was quite entertaining!
 
The ball went out of bounds so Yoochun went to go and get it. It rolled all the way over to where Jaejoong was sitting.
Yoochun said something to him and passed the new student the ball. Jaejoong kicked it but it hit Yunho in the face, causing him to get a nosebleed.
 
"Yunho!" All the girls screamed.
 
I ran to him in the blink of an eye.
 
"Hey Yunho! You ok?"
"You should apologize..." I heard Yoochun hiss.
 
I turned to look at the two. His expression seemed calm but I knew all too well it was the calm before the storm.
 
"See? That's why I don't play." Jaejoong said before exiting the gym.
 
"... I'm gonna knock all his teeth out!"
 
Yoochun started to walk in the same direction. That was my cue!
 
"Don't! Using violence to solve a problem isn't the best solution." I had to stand between him and the door.
 
"Yeah... Yoochun, t's ok! Let him go. It was an accident." Shouted Yunho.
 
In times likes these, I can really count on him! 
 
Some of the girls escorted Yunho to the infirmary while I chased after Jaejoong.
 
 
I had to run all the way to the front gates. I saw him and called to him but he didn't respond. 
 
Some older guys popped out of a bush and stood in his way. I had finally caught up to him.
 
"Hey kid! The boss wants to see ya!" Said the guy with glasses.
 
"J-Jaejoong, who are these people?"
 
He turned to look at me but he scoffed when he saw my face.
 
"Ok... Let's go" he muttered before following the guys.
 
I watched as he got into a car and drove off. 
 
So far, my year !! 
 
That night, I wandered around before I got ready to head home. I noticed Jaejoong walking around and decided to follow him.
He walked on the sidewalk, seeming not to have a destination in mind. He stopped by a bench and sighed deeply.
 
"Why are you following me?”
 
He looked in my direction. His bangs covered his eye but I knew he was looking straight at me.
 
Only then did I notice all the cuts and bruises on his face. I didn't want to ask, for I was scared of the answer.
 
"Well... I was just wandering around when I saw you! And I guess, I got curious" I moved out of my hiding place and stood next to him.
"Curiosity killed the cat..."
 
"Yeah, yeah... Whatever..."
 
I followed him into a nearby grocery store.
 
"You are about to find out what kind of person I really am." He whispered to me.
 
He kept his attention on the cashier and started slipping food into his pockets. The cashier started to notice what he was doing and advanced towards us. Jaejoong grabbed my arm and pulled me out the store.
 
 
 
 
 
"I am so sorry... I am here on behalf of me and my... Friend..."
 
I placed the stolen items on the counter for the cashier to see.
 
"Is this everything?" He asked.
 
"Yes, of course... I shall be going now... Sorry..." I bowed and left the store.
 
I rounded the corner to find Jaejoong.
 
"Jeez... You came back?!"
 
"Yes I came back! You can't steal!" I raised my hand to slap him but I managed to restrain myself.
 
I was starting to think like Yoochun!
 
His stomach growled but he acted like it didn't.
 
"Here, let me treat you to dinner!"
 
I pulled him to a small corner restaurant.
 
I let him order what he liked, which was a lot!
 
"I found a name for the dog... Mimi" he said between spoonfuls.
 
"You gave the dog, my name?"
 
"I found out he is a she. And she acts just like someone I know!" He smirked at me.
 
"Your bleeding..." I blurted out.
 
"I am? Oh... Where?"
 
I pointed to the spot by using my forehead.
 
"No, the other side!"
 
He reached it and looked at his bloody hand. He ATTEMPTED to clean it up with a napkin, but that failed miserably.
 
"Dude! You at this!"
 
"What did you say?!" His tone changed to dead cold.
 
I grabbed the napkins from the table, bent down and wiped it up for him. My eyes caught his.
 
They were as black as mine.
 
"That's how you clean the blood off!"
 
"Um... Yeah... Thanks" he scratched the back of his head.
 
"You might want to move your bangs over so it doesn't get into the wound..."
 
He moved them from the left to the right.
 
His hair looked so shiny and soft. It was like Changmin's, just past the ears except his hair was jet black. He had big cross earnings on both ears and a few extra studs on the right.
 
His eyes and hair was so similar to what brother used to have it like, it was really scary.
 
"What?" He interrupted my train of thought.
 
"Huh? Oh, sorry... You just... Look a lot like someone I used to know..."
 
I asked for the bill and we left the restaurant. I walked beside him. Remember, this isn't supposed to be a love story... We aren't going to be caught in the rain, find somewhere to keep us dry, look each other in the eyes and fall in love... I didn't work like that!
I enjoyed walking just because. I didn't talk to him or look at him. Jaejoong seemed to be... Distant...
 
"Your brother, right? The one I remind you of is your brother"
 
"H-how do you know that?!"
 
"I heard you on the roof... You were talking about me to your brother."
 
"You heard that? Dang... But yeah. I was talking to my family... My dead family... Five years today! Seems like it happened only a little while ago." I forced a smile so that I didn't break out in tears.
 
"I know how you feel... I lost my parents when I was young so my big sister took care of me. She died in a fire but everybody... Everyone says... I caused it..."
 
For the first time ever, I didn't see the bad boy that Jaejoong seemed to be. What I saw was a young boy missing his family.
A black car pulled up beside us.
 
"Hey kid! Boss has a job for you... Get in..." Said the man with shades.
 
He was the same guy from earlier that day. Jaejoong looked at me with sadness but got in nevertheless.
No amount of my protesting got to him. What a boy!! He was so stubborn, and obnoxious and sometimes I just wanted to... Wanted to... Arg!!
 
My curiosity and worrying self caused me to follow the car. It didn't drive far, just a few blocks around the corner.
They stopped by the park where a small business was holding a barbecue. I watched as they bashed the place. At first, Jaejoong didn't do anything but the man in shades got all in his face. After that, Jaejoong threw tables around and scared the customers away.
 
"JAEJOONG?!? What are you doing?!" I stopped the bat before it made contact with the barbecue pit.
For a moment, his eyes widened with shock, but suddenly his eyes became cold.
 
"Get out of the way." he hissed.
 
"No!"
 
"Who is she?!" Yelled one of the guys.
 
I felt someone push me away from Jaejoong. They then beat him with the bats. On instinct, I rushed to stop them. This time, someone grabbed my waist and ed me REALLY hard to the ground. That was the last thing I could remember.
 
 
 
 
When I came to, I found Yunho and Jaejoong standing beside me. They were talking to each other but Yunho had Jaejoong's wrist in his hand. Yunho looked like he was ready to kill the new student.
 
"It is all your fault! She wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you!" Yelled Yunho.
 
Jaejoong didn't say a word. He turned to look at me.
 
"You're awake!" Said Jaejoong.
 
Yunho pushed him aside.
 
"Are you feeling ok?" He asked.
 
"Yeah... Jaejoong, you should get your wounds treated as well... Yunho, can we please go home?"
 
"Huh? Yes of course!"
 
Yunho supported me just in case I needed help but I wanted to stay and make sure Jaejoong saw the doctor.
 
 
 
 
The next morning, Yunho and I decided it was probably best not to race that day. 
 
That day was a special day... MY BIRTHDAY!! 
 
When I arrived in class, I ran straight towards my usual group.
 
"Hey Mimi! How was it? I didn't get the chance to ask you yesterday. And... happy birthday!!" Said Junsu.
 
"It was cool... Jaejoong was there as well. Thank you so much for remembering!!"
 
"Jaejoong? You mean that new student? That incompetent guy...!" spat Yoochun.
 
"Guys... We have been over this. Get to know the guy before you go saying bad things about him!!"
 
"Mimi, we need your help with something!!" Yelled one of the guys at the front of the class.
 
"Help with what?" 
 
"You have the smallest fingers in the class... Do you think you can reach a necklace that was placed on top of the chalk board?"
 
"Ok... How did it get up there?!" 
 
Two of the guys put their hands together as a lift for me to use to reach. I stepped on and started my search.
 
"How did it get up here?" I asked.
 
"It's a long story... We were launching things around and the necklace some now got into the group..."
 
It took a few minutes, but I had finally found the necklace. The only thing left to do was get down...
 
I may have been school smart... But I had no common sense. I had completely forgotten my fear of heights.
 
"MIMI!!! Why are you up there?!" Yelled Yunho from across the class.
 
"Um... I was searching for something... I didn't think it would be this high! I... I really want to get down now!"
 
"You aren't that heavy, so we can take our time..." Said one of the guys holding me up.
 
"Just jump! I'll catch you!" Said Yoochun.
 
I had to turn myself around to look at him. I prepared myself to jump into his arms when Jaejoong opened the door with a slam that caused the whole room to stay quiet. Sadly, I flinched and slipped off the 'platform'.
 
This is the part in a love story where the female protagonist is saved by the bad boy as he rushes to catch her fall and confess his undying love! But remember, this isn't a love story!... 
 
I could have done with just about anybody catching me! But... That didn't happen...
 
After I flinched, I fell to my doom. Six foot drop on my side is actually really painful!
 
That was the best birthday I have ever had.... NOT!!!
 
"Oh shoot! Mimi!" I heard some yell.
 
"Move out of the way! Let her get some air!!" Said Yunho.
 
I was groggy but I could still understand what was going on around me. Junsu and Changmin helped me up.
 
I felt Yunho dust me off and ask me a bunch of questions.
 
"Guys... GUYS!! SHUT YER TRAPS!!" I shouted.
 
They all stayed quiet.
 
"Now... It was a little fall... I think I can handle myself-"
 
"It wasn't a little fall! You were startled because HE refused to come in quietly!" Yoochun walked over and grabbed Jaejoong's collar.
 
"Yoochun, don't. There is no need. It was an accident." I muttered on my way back to my desk.
 
"You probably can't imagine how lucky you are that she cares about people!" I heard my friend hiss.
 
He had finally let go and allowed Jaejoong to pass to get to his desk.
 
• • •
On my way home alone, I noticed the world seemed quiet. 
 
Yunho needed to stay at school for the student counsel meetings so I was alone... FOREVER ALONE!!
 
But that day, the world itself was quiet. The few things you heard included the sound of the wind going through tree leaves, the very rare honk of someone's horn and the sound of my own footsteps.
 
Soon enough, I heard the sound of someone else's footsteps. I spun around to see a familiar face.
 
"Are you following me now?"
 
"No... " Jaejoong walked faster to catch up with me.
 
"I have some where I have been DYING to visit! Wanna come?"
 
"Only if it isn't far..."
 
I grabbed his wrist and pulled him all the way to the park.
 
We kept running until we reached the open field. No one was there! No children on the swings, nobody walking their dogs... Not even the birds were there.
 
The sound of cars seemed to disappear. The only sound left was the wind.
 
"It's funny... The world seems quiet, as if waiting for something big to happen! It has spiked up my curiosity and I can't take it anymore!" I told Jaejoong.
 
"I'm starting to want to know that as well!..."
 
"I have a present for you." I dug around in my bag and pulled out two cellphones, one purple and the other was black. "This one is yours!"
 
I passed him the black one.
 
"Here! Watch this!" I dialled a number on my phone and Jaejoong's started ringing. He picked it up.
 
"Now we can keep in contact! I didn't have one before and thought it would be cool if we got one at the same time. If ever you are in a tight space, don't hesitate to ask for help... I am a friend. You have to pick up my calls, ok?! And don't worry, I'm not going to call you every second of everyday to see how you are doing. Just calls like 'do you wanna hang out with me and my friends'... Something like that."
 
He stayed silent and watched me as I talked to him.
 
"And you better not give it back! I was saving up for books but got this instead! If you give it back, I will find you and get you!!" I put my fist up in his face.
 
I turned off my phone and so did he.
 
"Thanks... For the phone..." He mumbled.
 
"No problem!!"
 
"And I have something for you..." Jaejoong dug into his bag and pulled out a plastic wrapping of an object and a card.
"How did you fit that in your bag?!"
 
"I didn't take my books to school" he grinned evilly. 
 
He passed me the object and held the card.
 
"Mimi... I wanted to wish you happy birthday. It is your special day today and I hope it was satisfying! Even though we have only known each other for a short while, I feel like I've known you for a long time. Sincerely... Me..." He read. "You can open your present now..."
 
I gently took off the wrapping. It was a bouquet of sunflowers.
 
Hold on a second... Stop the story.. I SAID STOP THE STORY!!! 
 
I never liked flowers!! I know he didn't know that but... STILL!!
 
And what's worst... He got the only kind that I could ever love... Only one person in this world knows... Or knew... My favourite kind of flower...
 
My brother...
 
"Why did you choose these kinds of flowers? Normally, guys go for the roses, or daisies... Why this kind?" I kept my eyes on the flowers.
 
"I can't explain why exactly... The other flowers didn't really seem like you..." I looked up at him but he was looking in a different direction.
 
Tears started rolling down my face.
 
"Jaejoong.... Thank you... Thank you so much!" I hugged him with all my might.
 
He staggered back.
 
"M-Mimi! What's wrong?" He asked me.
 
"You... I... Oh goodness..." I pulled myself away from him. 
 
"Mimi... I do not think I like you anymore..."
 
"Wait... WHAT?!"
 
"You... Seem too girly for me... And I sometimes think you are a stalker! You can have your phone back... I don't want anything to do with you!"
 
Jaejoong just walked away, leaving me in the park... All alone...
 
 
THERE!! How do you like that ending?! Ha! You thought we were going to fall in love and be all mushy-gushy right?! Well, I proved that wrong! 
What?! You don't believe me? I'm telling the truth! That's how it happened! He walked away. I never saw him again. Later on in my years, I heard he became a huge crime lord. The story is ironic, eh? 
Oh well! Life tough!
It's the truth, ok? Stop pestering me.... Ah jeez! You sure are annoying!
No! I swear! It's the truth!
Somewhat...
Not really....
The ending was a lie...
Here is what REALLY happened!...
 
"You... I... Oh goodness..." I pushed myself away from him.
"What's wrong? Why are you crying?"
"Jaejoong... I don't think I like you anymore ...."
His jaw dropped. I hung my head low, avoiding his eyes. Nature struck and down came the rain.
I look up at him. He stood quietly with his head down.
"Hey Jaejoong! Why do you look so sad? Did you ever think of me as a friend?" I whispered to him.
He turned to walk in the other direction.
"I don't like you anymore...  Because I love you!"
He stopped in his tracks. He turned his head to barely look at me.
The raindrops in his hair made him look even more stunning. Never before has my heart beat so fast...
 
Ah great! See? This is why I didn't want to tell you the real ending!! It sounds so much like a stupid drama... This is all your fault!!
 
"Ya! Did you hear me? I said I don't like you anymore! Because I LOVE YOU!!" I yelled.
He turned his entire body in my direction. He walked slowly towards me at first and quickly picked up the pace. He didn't look at me at all. He was speed walking by the time he was right in front of me.
He grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. 
He let go and looked at me.
"I have never liked you..." He whispered.
"Ah jeez! So you hug me and you tell me this?! What a boy..." I pushed him away.
"Because, I have always loved you..."
This time he grabbed my face and brought it to his. Our lips touched. My first kiss with my first love! How romantic!... The thought would normally make me want to barf... But not this time! This time, it felt wonderful!!
After that, he strayed away from being the 'bad boy' and actually hung out with me and my friends. The others accepted him after a while... Yoochun still liked to fight with him... But a friendly fight.
We graduated together but needed to go our separate ways for university. We promised to meet each other in the very same park we had our first kiss after we got out. We would message each other the exact date and time.
 
Years... YEARS later, after I graduated, I stood alone in the centre of the park.
"I guess he might not be coming today... I had better head back home. Looks like it's going to rain..."
While I was walking away, someone called out to me.
"MIMI!! Don't think you can escape that easily!!"
I turned around to find Jaejoong with a wrapped package in his hands.
"Who said I was escaping?!" I ran up to him and gave him a big hug.
"These... Are for you!"
He passed me the wrapped package. I opened it to find a bouquet of sunflowers.
"You are such a dork, you know that?!" I scolded him.
"Hey! How am I a dork now?!" He laughed.
"The first time we were here, it was such a drama cliche! And now, you give me sunflowers, just like before! What are you doing?! Playing the lead role in a movie?!" I smiled.
No matter how much I protested, I truly did love the gesture. 
"Oh well... Guess I'm not going to tell you your next present!" He turned the other way with a huge smile on his face.
"H-hey! Who said you could do that?!" I had to run around him so I could see his face.
He dialled a number on his cellphone. My own started to vibrate so I picked it up.
"This next present is extra special... If you try to give it back, I will find you, and get you!" He raised the pitch of his voice to try and imitate me.
ARG!! But... Still cute nonetheless!
He went into his back pocket and kneeled on the ground.
"If ever you are in a tight space, don't hesitate to ask for help... I am a friend... And hopefully, your future husband..."
He opened the small box in his hand. In the centre, was a white and yellow gold ring. The two colours intertwined like vines. 
He pulled it out, gently took hold of my left hand and slipped the ring on.
"Do you say yes?" His tone seemed somewhat nervous.
"I'm not gonna say yes... I'm gonna say, of course!!" I basically fell on him.
We both fell to the ground. He was the only thing between me and the ground itself!
I looked into his eyes. As usual, jet black...
He raised my chin and brought his lips to mine. With just that kiss, I fell in love with him ALL OVER AGAIN!!
 
Funny, this all started in my last year of high school...
 
Oh man! In the end, it was my love story!!
Are you satisfied!! I told you everything! Don't go bugging me anymore... I have a little monster to feed and she gets feisty when her food is late!
                                                         SEE YA!!!!