Chapter 3

When A Cassanova Falls....

Chapter 3

 

 

 

 

Eunji’s POV

 

I got ditched. It was true though. He was being second option. It was also great timing when my phone rang. It was my childhood friend Hoya. That’s weird, he's in Busan why was he calling me?

“Hello?”

“Eunji-ah! GREAT NEWS! I’m in Seoul!”

“Really?”

“Yeahp. I want to meet you. Meet me at the cafe near the ministop we used to go whenever I visited.”

“Alright.” Then we hung up.

When he hung up, I looked at my screen’s wall paper. It was the stuffed bunny Daehyun gave me during Christmas in our exchange of gifts. We actually bought it together but he never told me he picked my name as his secret santa. He bought the gift I wanted. I was really surprised when he gave it to me and at the same time, I was happy. I admired him for a very long time now. I don’t know if it grew into feelings but I know there's something there.

I met with Hoya at the café to which he looked surprisingly handsome. “Hey there!” I smiled.

“Woah, you look….” He eyed me from head to toe. “Pretty.”

“Thanks.” I smiled.

I sat across him. The waiter approached us and asked for my order to which I replied, “Chocolate cake.”

When the waiter left, I turned to Hoya who was looking at me timidly. Did I have something on my face?

“You’ve really changed.” He told me.

“Yeah.” I nodded.

Hoya was my friend from Busan whom I grew up with. He was rowdy and sporty at the same time. He looked different now. I’ve been away for three years. It must have been a long time. He looked manly now. He didn’t look rowdy like before, he looked calm and collected and looked a bit lean, even. He did a lot of sports so it was no surprise that he would have that kind of body.

“Tomorrow, I’ll be transferring to your school.” He said.

“Really?” I said in surprise. “But our school doesn’t have a sports department.”

“I’m in the dance department.” He replied with a chuckle.

“Dance?” Then I realized, Hoya loved watching movies related to dancing when he was a kid. He probably learned how to dance along with it. “That’s great.We’ll be schoolmates from now on, then.”

He chuckled. “Yeahp. I also want to take this oppurtunity to confess to you.”

“Confess? You stole something from me, didn't you?” I eyed him suspiciously.

He chuckled. “No. I like you.”

“Huh?”

 

Daehyun’s POV

 

 

I lay on my bed while my friends screamed and cursed while playing video games. I stared at my wallpaper which was Eunji who was singing in the amusement park. I don't know why I keep staring at it. I don't know why I can't take my eyes off her. Someone suddenly grabbed my cellphone.....

“The Jung couple.” Youngjae said.

“I call them Busan Couple.” Himchan added.

“DAEJI.” Junhong formed a heart with his arms.

I sweared in dialect and grabbed my phone back. “GO BACK TO PLAYING VIDEO GAMES YOU!” I yelled.

They all laughed. “He’s totally emabrassed.” Youngjae teased.

“Yeahp, the cassanova, Jung Daehyun, staring at one girl. Let’s celebrate!” Himchan said.

“Junhong-ah! Order pizza.” Youngjae ordered.

“Shut up…” I threw a pillow at Youngjae.

 

 

Eunji’s POV

 

 

Aigoo, what’s wrong with my life? Class already ended and I still feel like doing nothing. Hoya confessed to me but I seriously don’t know what to reply. I rested my head on my table and continued to sulk. Why was I making a big deal out of this?

“Eunji-ah.”

I looked up and saw Daehyun holding a pile of notebooks.

“What is that?” I asked.

“A logbook. We’re paired up together today to do class work.”

“Great!” I said sarcastically.

He turned the chair in front of my desk and sat across to me. Great, this will be awkward fest. We began writing stuff in the logbook. I really hate these school duties. Who the hell invented these things? I stole a peak of Daehyun working. He noticed me and I looked down and continued to do my work. When I felt like he wasn’t looking, I peaked again. “Why are you staring at me?” Daehyun asked.

“What are you talking about? I was looking at the blackboard.” I denied.

He looked at me and smirked. “Liar.”

He rested his chin on his palm and looked at me with those intense looking eyes. Oh crap, did I just swallow my heart?

“I like you.”

He stood silent and shocked.

WHY THE HELL DID THAT COME OUT?!?!?

“Did Youngjae pay you to say this?” he asked.

“No.” I said bluntly. “But forget it, I just wanted you to know.” I smiled.

He looked down. “I’m sorry.”

My heart sank. Of course he was going to say that. What did I expect from him?

“Nah, its ok. Really.” I wondered if my smile was believable. I hoped it was.

Then silence filled the room.

 

Daehyun’s POV

 

 

She liked me. I had no idea what to say. I was on the roof with Raina noona who called me out again. I lay on her lap as I stared at my phone. I don’t even know why I’m doing this anymore. Raina noona snatched my phone and stood wide-eyed at my wallpaper.

“Eunji?” she looked at me. “You like her?”

I quickly grabbed my phone back. “I don’t know…”

“You do, don’t you?” she said in amusement then laughed. “Aigooo…”

“I said I don’t know.” I murmured.

She caressed my hair then said. “You know, if you don’t act fast. She’ll probably be taken away.”

“That’s ridiculous. You’re talking ludicrous. I don’t see her that way.”

“Whatever you say, Daehyunnie.” She smiled.

 

Eunji’s POV

 

Aish! What did I just do? PABO PABO PABO PABO PABO!!! Uuuuggghhh!!! I walked down the halls in frustration. I still couldn’t get over what I said to him. Now, look at me. I look pitiful. I don’t even know if I feel sad or mad, maybe both. I got rejected. OFCOURSE, I GOT REJECTED. What did I expect from a guy like Daehyun? He was JUNG DAEHYUN, the girl magnet for crying out loud. Tons of girls in the sea. I was about to bang my head on my locker when Hoya came in.

“Wow, what happened?” he asked with concern.

“A low score.” I lied.

“I know what can cheer you up.” He smiled. “Come with me.” He held my hand and led me outside.

We arrived at the garden where food I liked were placed in lunchboxes. He led me to a chair and sat across me. He actually remembered my favorite food. He smiled shyly and looked at me. “Why are you so shocked?” he asked.

“Uh..”I was speechless.

“You’re shocked that I still l remembered your favorite food?”

I nodded.

“Aigoo, of course I would. We spent our childhood together. How could I forget?” he said.

I contemplated on the memories I had of Hoya. He was so young back then. I always thought of him as a younger brother. The one I had to discipline whenever he got into trouble. We were neighbors so we spent a lot of time together. I wondered if the feelings I have of family grew into something more. Did it? Should it?

He’s been with me since forever. Its probably worth a shot. He’s worth a shot.

“Hoya….”