Flight

When Ace Wu Came To Life

Listen to: Maroon 5’s Sunday Morning

“Kris! Wake up!” Arianna shook Kris in an attempt to wake him up.

“It’s only 5 am. My fight’s at ten babe.” He said groggily. Still refusing to open his eyes. Arianna frowns.

“But you only have five hours left to spend with meeeeee!” She shouts and continues to shake him by his legs. “And you have to shave your hairy legs within that time too!”

Kris shoots up and holds her forearms to stop her from moving. “How can you be so hyper at this ungodly hour woman?!!!”

He cranes his neck to get closer to her face. He smiles, still anticipating an answer.

“Caffeinated coffee. And steamed buns.” She replies, flustered. “Sorry, I might have been a bit too hyper.” She gets off the bed and stands up promptly. “Wash up, breakfast is on the table.”

“Thank you.” Kris eases off the bed and stands in front of Arianna, planting a kiss on her forehead. “My girlfriend’s so thoughtful.”

He heads on over to the washroom and does his business as usual. Arianna goes to the kitchen to finish her coffee.

“Mom, why is daddy leaving?” Ace tugged on Arianna’s cardigan sleeve. She jumps at his suddenness.

“Oh, didn’t see you there kiddo.” Arianna picks him up and places him on the counter. “Well, daddy has to take care of stuff back in his house.”

“Oh, what kind of stuff?” Ace asks again.

“Uhmm, family. Well, let’s not look into the details squish. Daddy’s going to leave, but I’m telling you now, he’s not going to be back immediately.” She says with a sad tone. Ace just nods his head.

“I understand mommy.”

-

Kris gets out of the washroom dressed casually. He dashes to the kitchen and finds Ace on the counter talking to Arianna. And Ling lapping up the water in her bowl on the floor.

“So, the breakfast you promised me?”

“Daddy!” Ace gets down from the counter and runs to his father. Kris picks him up and hugs him.

“Whoah take it easy squish. Have you had the same breakfast as your mother? You seem a bit hyper.” He says while ruffling the top of his head.

“Dad, you know I can’t eat.”

“I know kiddo.” He smiles and carries him. He sits him down on the black marble of the counter. “So, my breakfast mommy?” He asks, then kisses Arianna briefly.

“Not in front of the kids Kris.” She glances at Ace. “And you haven’t shaved your hairy legs.” She jokes when she sees Kris wearing board shorts.

“No, continue, I’ll be playing with my sister for a while.” Ace attempts to get down to the floor but Kris stops him.

“Nope. You guys are playing with us.” He smiles.

-

After Kris eats a plateful of Arianna’s specially made omelet, he sits on the carpet preparing to play tag with Arianna, Ace and Ling.

“Okay who’s the ‘it’?” Arianna asks.

“Rock paper scissors for it?” Kris suggests.

“Meow?” Ling says. No one understands except Ace and he says it’s her way of saying her disapproval.

“Well, I’d have to volunteer I guess.” Kris says reluctantly.

“Run guys!” Arianna stands up and heads out the door.

“Hey! It’s only around the apartment!” Kris shouts, still sitting down.

“No rules!” Arianna shouts back, laughing.

“So I guess it’s you and—“ Kris turns around, expecting to see Ace and Ling but being the fast feline Ling is, she runs out the door in lightning speed, leaving Ace running out the door at a slower rate.

“Kids.” He says to himself, grinning like an idiot. “You better prepare for the wrath of Wu Yi Fan!”

After he shouted, three screams were heard, well if you count a meow as a scream, but Ling definitely sounded terrified (JK).

-

After playing tag for a good twenty minutes, to Ling’s advantage, all of them decided to go to a cat café. Tom’s cat café in Hongdae to be exact.

“Wow, the coffee’s good here and our kids are having so much fun.” Kris points to Ace and Ling playing with the other cats.

“Well, it’s a good thing that we notified the owners that Ace is a talking, moving, interactive toy.” Arianna laughs at how her son is moving so stiffly. Ace is chasing three other cats along with his sister. They run around the café as Ace continues to stomp on slowly.

“Ace is so frustrated. Haha.” Kris glances at Ace, holding a laser pointer. “Oh, he’s got them now.” Arianna looks over to him as well and chuckles.

“Yep, he’s going to get them.” Arianna sighs, taking a bite of her cheese bagel.

Soon, not just four cats, but seven, went running towards Ace as he the laser pointer. Ace was evil laughing and said out loud “I am supreme overlord of the felines! Bow to me, especially you Ling Wu!”

Arianna and Kris burst out laughing but in that moment, the owner of the cat café came out of the office near the back. Ace instantly ‘programmed’ himself into normal mode.

“I just want to hug you!” Ace exclaimed, adding stress to the word hug, obviously frustrated of Ling and her newly found pet pals. Kris and Arianna laughed uncontrollably together.

-

Arianna, Kris, Ace, and Ling were seated peacefully inside the black Bugatti. No screams, no complaints, no anything. Not even an occasional meow from Ling. Arianna was seated in the passenger’s seat beside Kris, all buckled up. Kris was driving carefully, but not too slow as they only have little time left. Ace was sitting like a behaved little boy alongside Ling. The only thing missing were halos on top of the two Wu children. Arianna smiled through the mirror. Kris caught it, he smiled as well.

They arrived at the EXO dorm a few minutes later. They went up the elevator and stopped on the 17th floor. Kris took the spare key from his pocket and opened the door. The dorm was quiet compared to the other days, he assumed everyone was sleeping, as it was a Sunday after all. Free day.

“Oh, Kris hyung.” Chanyeol was sitting on the living room couch, eating something from a bowl. Kris smiled at him. “Why are you dressed like that?”

Arianna peeked from the side of the door. “May I come in as well?”

“Doctor Kwon! Oh, good morning!” Chanyeol politely stood up and bowed.

“Good morning Chanyeol-ssi.” Arianna bowed as well. “So, may I come in?”

“Of course you can babe.” Kris smiled at her while gesturing for her to sit down on the sofa.

“Wait, do my ears deceive me? You just called her, babe?” Chanyeol asked, confused.

“Yeah. Park Chanyeol, meet my girlfriend Arianna Kwon. And because you’re Korean, Kwon Ah-ri for short.”

“Ah! Sit down here Dr. Kwon. May I ask, what urged you to date this dork?”

“Because I’m a lesser dork than you are, isn’t that right babe?” Arianna laughs at Kris’ reason. Chanyeol visibly frowns.

“Oh, Kris. Ling is still outside, are pets allowed?”

“Of course, my daughter has to come in here as well.”

Chanyeol shoots an inquisitive look at the two. I never thought he would be this cheesy. Chanyeol thought.

Ling walks in like a princess. Chanyeol looks at the pompous feline approaching his feet.

“So, you’re the devil spawn of Kris hyung. Or should I say the second devil spawn. I know that you take after your older brother Ace. But none of your cuteness will ever take me into submission.” He says as he looks at the cat’s wide eyes.

“Meow.” It simply says.

Chanyeol then smiles. “Just kidding, you’re my new favorite pal.” He picks up the cat and places her on his lap. It purrs as Chanyeol the fur on its back.

“She better be. She’s staying here.” Kris says while he traces a pattern on the cat’s forehead.

“Are we adopting her?”

“Nope. Arianna’s going to stay in the room next to our apartment.”

“What?!” The both of them chorus.

“What if the management finds out that I’m your girlfriend?” Arianna says, alarmed.

“So? The no dating agreements are not real, just so the fans are assured that their idols are on the single side.” Chanyeol assures her.

“So, you’re allowed to date?”

“Yeah. We’d all date, if we actually find girls that like us.”

“Dude, you’re EXO. Practically everyone likes you.”

“Well, that we like back.”

“Oh.”

“Now can we please get back to the discussion?” Kris asks, irritated.

“Sure.” Chanyeol says. “But Ahri-ssi, if you and hyung break up, I’d love to have coffee with you sometime.”

“Not a chance.” Kris threatens. “And Chanyeol, I’m leaving okay?”

“Where?”

“China.”

“Why?”

“Parents.”

“When will you be back?”

“Not sure.”

“What about EXO?”

“Not sure.”

“Okay, did you tell Soo-man sajangnim about this?”

“Ages ago.”

“Okay. Don’t get lost there.”

“I won’t”

“When are you leaving?”

“In an hour.”

“An hour?!!” Chanyeol’s booming voice was heard around the apartment. Soon, all of the members were up and in the living room.

“Chanyeol, what happened?” Chen said, rubbing the remaining sleep out of his eyes.

“KrishyungisleavingforChinainanhour.Heasagirlfriendwho sdoctorKwonthepsychologistfromyesterday,andshe’llbelivingintheapartmentnexttoours.”

“And that’s what you missed on Glee.” Arianna joked. All of them looked at her. “Sorry. I had to.”

“Oh, that’s nice. We’ll be getting dressed. We showered last night so yeah. We’ll send you off.” Suho says and then yawns. “Come on kids. Move.”

Arianna, Kris, Ling running around, and Ace in a backpack were left in the living room.

-

“We’ll miss you.” Lay said while hugging Kris.

“Be back soon.” Minseok added.

“Give us presents when you come back.” Tao eagerly jumped.

“Don’t be stupid.” Chen joked. “Nah, just kidding.”

“Stay awesome.” Sehun smiled. “Bring me food when you come home.”

“Get some sleep.” Jongin advised. “You don’t want to look like Tao.”

“Eat well.” Kyungsoo said while bro- him.

“Don’t worry about us and your girlfriend. She’ll be fine with us.” Chanyeol teased, earning a shove from both of the leaders. “Just go already! You’re missing your flight.”

“Say hi to your sister for me!” Luhan said in joy.

“Try to rest as much as possible.” Baekhyun smirked. “You don’t want to get sleepless nights just because of a long distance relationship with Ahri here. She’ll be fine.”

“Just be careful.” Suho patted his co-leader’s back. “I’ll take care of the kids.”

“Thanks guys.” Kris hugged them all.

“Ehem.” Arianna jokingly cleared .

“Of course, I’ll never forget to say goodbye to you.” Kris picked her up and spun her around.

“Put me down!” Arianna exclaimed. He did as he was told.

“I see people do that in movies. Figured that I’d do it to you too. It was fun.”

“Yeah, it was.” Arianna looked at him, towering her.

“I’ll miss you big guy.”

“I’ll miss you too.”

They kiss in the crowded airport, earning aahs and oohs from the people surrounding them. Good thing they don’t recognize him, or the rest of EXO.

“Now, I’ll be going. Take care of our children.”

“Wait.” Arianna pulled him by the wrist and whispered.

“Did you say goodbye to the kids?”

“Taken care of. Now I have to go.” Kris kisses her briefly for the last time and heads on to the terminal entrance. The thirteen of them wave at him.

After Kris boarded, they all went home. She was invited by the boys to have lunch over at their place.

“So, you’re going to live next door? Probably for us to keep an eye on you.” Suho said to her while offering a rice cake.

“Maybe. I bet I won’t even see you a lot.”

“Oh, trust us. You will.” Suho smiled.

Ace listened to the conversation from inside the backpack. He surely liked the sound of that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! It's me, and I'm back from Korea. Wow, SMtwon week was FAB! I had a great time, but not so great because my boyfriend had to go back early. Well, at least I got to see my husband Suho. Anyways, I'll be going back to school in a few days because university life is a . Thanks for reading this update :D