the encounter

My Pretty Gangster Boys

You wondered why you still going on steady with your current boyfriend. Hakyeon definitely made a good boyfriend physically; handsome, tall and popular. To be honest after going out with him for almost a year, you were getting sick of his attitude already. He was the kind of obsessive and impulsive boyfriend. At first it felt good to have someone liking you to the extent but too much of things are burdensome.

You were not the kind who could be controlled by ridiculous words from a man called boyfriend. Not your thing. You had asked Hakyeon for a breakup but he threatened to attempt suicide if you proceed with it.

The most irritating part is that nobody knew how hard it was from your viewpoint. All your friends kept on nudging you on your ribs telling you how great it must be for you to have such a great boyfriend. And Hakyeon actually acted differently in front of other people; he acted like it was you were the one who was clingy.

Stuck in an absurd scenario, you decided to just move along with the play Hakyeon steered.

In college both you and Hakyeon enrolled in the Arts Club. Hakyeon enjoying his popularity at the college would definitely be in the acting club – one of the divisions under the Arts Club. As for you, going along with your preference enrolled in the artist club. You were natural when you were given with brushes, colours and canvases.

The annual cultural festival was approaching in three months. For this year, the committee decided to produce a play comprised of all the club subdivisions under the Arts Club. Unlike the previous festivals where actors performing sketch, musician did some musical performance, artists with their art exhibition.

As one of the prominent talents in the artist club, you were appointed as the leader for the artists. Hakyeon as the most popular, of course were given the role as the acting club’s representative, and all other leaders were summoned by the lecturers in charged in producing the upcoming stage.

There were six leaders from the six respective sub-clubs; Hakyeon from the acting club, Mirim from the singer club, you from the artist club, Himchan from the traditional instruments musician, Jay from the modern music enthusiast and Yujin from the writers club.

The lecturers made the six of you to work in pairs to come out with raw ideal and scenario planning that would suit with the theme; Arts & Dreams.

Hakyeon and Mirim were to work together as they would act and sing together as the staging would include musicals too. Yujin and Jay were to work together. The staging would portray the life of a group of aspiring singers in their hope of becoming acknowledged by people. Yujin and Jay were to discuss the music needed to be used and how the music should compliment the storyline perfectly.

Which, left you and Himchan getting paired up to work together. The director briefed to both of you what he expected from your two teams. He said that he wanted the staging became a sentimental and soulful stage. Therefore aside from the typical music background, he wanted to have the fusion traditional music to be played whenever the protagonist scenes came to light. And to add on the colors, he wanted a few portraits to be sketched and to be put as the background, as a way to convey and materialize the sentimental traditional music. So, you and Himchan had to really understand each other to come out with a harmonized piece of arts.

You don’t know Himchan in person. He was a year senior than you. You saw him once in a while around the campus. He too, did not lack anything visually. In fact, he was more handsome than Hakyeon. But clearly, popularity in campus was not what he hungered for. He rarely hangs around with anyone except for the few close friends of his. Both Himchan and Hakyeon were in the same year. Different majors but they saw each other a lot especially in club meetings.

In a way, you knew Hakyeon did not really like Himchan. You wondered why though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**********

Hi!! Finally I managed to get a breather and come out with the first chapter. 

Notice that I added new characters to the fic; Luhan and Jinyoung.

 

I hope to get more subscribers and comments from readers *aegyo*

Enjoy the first chapter and 잘 부탁 드립니다!^^

 

-jungDAEbaby-