One.

When I Was Your Man

“Hello, Vic.”

“Yes.”

“Vic, please? I know you’re mad at me. But this is work. If I don’t entertain the client, maybe they wont sign the contract. You know how much important this collaboration project right?”

“Okay.”

“Vic, I said I am sorry.”

“Okay, fine.”

“Vic.. please?”

“I said it’s fine. Go on with your project. My birthday isn’t everything anyways.”

Victoria hung up the phone. She stares at the blank ceiling. She was hoping her husband would appeared in front of the door holding a bouquet of flower, taking her out for a surprised romantic dinner or maybe a small party at their luxurious penthouse. But all she got is, none. Not even a single wish on her birthday and all matters to him is his damn project. She are all alone in that damn house still hoping that her husband would probably call her saying that it was all just a prank for her birthday but no.

Her phone rings again. She look at the screen and pick up the phone.

“Qian! Happy birthday, my ugly friend!” He greeted her in the most excited way.

Whenever he said she is ugly, she will always get mad at him. Whenever he is calling her by her full name, she will explodes but tonight it was different. Victoria somehow feel that was the most beautiful things she ever heard all day long. She somehow was glad he is calling her. Glad that he at least still remember to wish her although he never left his evil side. His wish for her has covers every flaws and every teasing that she hated before.

Victoria unknowingly feel her cheeks are burning and her tears slowly fall. Her husband doesn’t care to wish her birthday and yet her bestfriend has become the first person to wish her.

“Qian?” He call out her name when he didn’t hear anything from the phone. He is worried out of sudden.

“Vic, look, I was kidding. I am sorry. I guess I shouldn’t call you Qian. Come on Vic, you know you are not ugly. You know I was just—” He tried to explain as he feels that he has hurt her.

“No Kyu. It’s fine.” She said between sobbing that she tried hard to hide it from him. “I was just too happy.”

“So did Changmin take you out for special dinner? What did he gave you?” He mischievously asked.

“He.. he said he will give it after he come back from Japan.” She said lying.

“What? He went to Japan on your birthday?” Kyuhyun asked surprisingly. Surprised that how could Changmin left his precious wife on her birthday.

“He has important things to do.” Victoria said trying to cover up his husband.

Kyuhyun know from the way Victoria told him, there is something wrong, but it is not his manner to ask her. At least not until she tell him by herself.

“Aigoo this Chwang!” He tried to sounds funny to lighten the mood a bit. “Okay, since he is not here, you go get ready! I take you out somewhere!”

Victoria sighed. Although she wanted too but she has lost the mood when Changmin called her just now.

“Come on Vic! I’ll treat you to the best place in town that serve the best wine!”

“But Kyu..”

“And I’ll take you eat whatever you like! Hmm, maybe buffet?” Kyuhyun still wont give up.

“Kyuhyun, I..”

“Pork buffet? Beef buffet? Seafood buffet? Come on Vic. It’s not like I wanted to take you out but I am hungry and no one wanna accompany me to eat. You know my hyungs these days. They don’t care about their maknae anymore when they have their family.” Kyuhyun pretends to sound sad.

“Okay fine.” Victoria finally give in.

*

 

 

“Vic, I am so sorry. I gotta go. Yunho hyung and Jaejoong hyung are waiting for me.”

“Wait. Do you even realized what day is today Shim Changmin?” Victoria folded her arms together starring at her husband unbelievable.

“What Victoria? I'll be late. Tell me faster." He said as he fixed his tie on his own.

"Just go to your friends Changmin. Your friends are important than me, than our marriage! I wonder why I chose you!" She can't hold herself anymore.

"What? Do you regret marying me now?! Then what?! You rather choose Kyuhyun over me?! Am I right? Just say it Victoria! I know you're cheating behind me! I know you went out with Kyuhyun when I was away from home!" He accused her.

"How could you accused me like that Changmin when all I did was waiting for you on my birthday and all you did was leaving me alone here and went to Japan because to you, your works and your friends are important than me!" She cried.

"Oh Victoria. You are not 5 years old girl anymore! It was just your birthday. You celebrated it every year!"

"How could you said that Changmin.. You're not the same Shim Changmin that used to be my bestfriend.."

"I gotta go Victoria. I don't have time for all of this!"

Changmin slammed the door and leave Victoria alone sittingon the couch with tears fall down on her face. Victoria cried hard thinking how could Changmin changed so bad. They just get married three years ago and yes they were happy at the beginning but as time passed by, Changmin only matters what gives him profit to his stock. Victoria was just someone who he needs at home. Preparing the food for him, getting his laundries done, ironing his working attire, and cleaning the house. She was more to his maid more than wife except that Victoria sleep with him on the same bed every night and they had . Other than that, she was just a plain maid. Victoria did not ask for too much. She just need him whenever she feel lonely. She just need his love.

Victoria lie down on the couch after drinking half of the last bottle of her favourite wine. Her tears hasn't stop flowing on her face since Changmin left her hours ago. Was Changmin unhappy with her treatments as his wife? Why did he forgot? Or he pretends to forgot? Where did she go wrong? Slowly she reached her stomach. Will he be happy if she tell him that she is pregnant to his child?

"Baby.." She said with her hands on her tummy. "Will Daddy love you? Why did he forgot that today is our wedding anniversary?" A tear escaped from her eyes again.

She wiped her tears and helplessly reached her phone. But suddenly she feels like her inner walls cramping and she feel so pain inside her stomach. She clenched on her shirt trying to bear with the pain. She look at her phone and dialled up a number.

"Kyuhyun... I.. feel like... dying.."

That was the last word Kyuhyun heard from Victoria over the phone. He called out her name ovr and over again but there was no answer. He was in the waiting room doing his make up for his talk show. Frantically he pushed the stylist hand aside from his face and quickly get up and reached his car keys. Without thinking about anything else, he left the room.

"Kyuhyun-ah! Where are you going?!" Leeteuk ask him as he saw Kyuhyun wasin rush.

"Hyung. I have no time to explain. It's Victoria!" He said before running all his might.

'It's Victoria' is enough for Leeteuk to understand the situation. He understand what his maknae feels. He knows Kyuhyun cried on their wedding day. He knows Kyuhyun has been waiting for Victoria since forever although she is married to Changmin. Leeteuk knows that Kyuhyun would do everything for Victoria. Leeteuk knows Kyuhyun love Victoria so much. Even more than Changmin.

 


-Changmin POV will be in the next (last) chapter! 

-abd i feel bad for making Changmin the bad guy here. heee sorry