One

The Charade (Hongki and Mina Fanfic)

 

 

            The night started out steady, two friends enjoying a drink at one of the island’s famous clubs. But as the clock struck past midnight, the atmosphere went from tamed and steady to crazy and wild. The smell of mixed perfumes, sweat and alcohol dominated the place. Several figures of passed out drunken individuals lay asleep on the leather divans.

 

            Seated lazily by the very left corner of the room was a man of unquestionable attractive appearance. Leaning on his seat with a glass of beer on hand, several women tried hard to catch his eye but were only left hanging, puzzled after receiving a smirk and then ignored. It is certainly obvious that he’s a man of confidence and charisma.

 

            Crowding closely near his table was a group of male individuals, making friendly conversations. With his outgoing nature and ability to capture someone’s attention, his companions listened to his every word. Never expecting to be proven wrong, his confidence was all in on that skill. But he is about to learn that there’s a first time for everything.

 

            “If you want to have one of Nike’s limited edition shoes,” he started, “all you have to do is call-”

           

            “Check out that girl on the dance floor!”

 

             All eyes turned to the dance floor except his.

 

             Annoyed by being impolitely interrupted, and the fact that someone managed to divert their attention, Hongki took a sip from his drink and curiously turned to look at the person currently holding the attention he previously had.

 

            Scanning the room, he found her straight away. Amongst the crowd of partying individuals stood out a woman. With her beauty and charm comparable to that of a goddess, there’s no denying that Hongki’s special ability was nothing compared to hers. Like a magnet, she captures and draws attention to herself- unknowingly.

 

            “A rose among the bushes!” the person beside him exclaimed in admiration.

 

            With brows raised and full of amusement, he studied her intently. She’s wearing a dark shade of red mini dress, showing off her shapely and well toned legs, as well as her slender figure.

 

            Unaware of the attention, she threw her hands in the air, swaying her hips along with the music. Visible beads of sweat ran along her nape as she tried to fix her medium length hair into a messy bun.

 

            “Look at those legs and killer stilettos! And don’t forget to mention the curves-”

 

            “Stop!” Hongki intercepted and glared at his companions. He can’t even remember how they ended up on his table, and why he was talking to them.

 

            “Oh come on, we’re just admiring her. Was she your type?” one of them asked.

 

            The corners of his mouth curved into a smile as he gave them a mysterious look. “You can’t do that. I’m the only one who can admire her.”

 

            “What do you mean?”

 

            Hongki ignored the question and smiled to himself with a sense of pride and satisfaction; admiring her celestial beauty.

 

            At last, sensing the men’s scrutinizing gazes, the woman turned to the group of individuals, her expression, a mixture of astonishment and irritation. But when her eyes found him, her frown was promptly replaced with a smirk.

           

            “Hong-chan!” she called, waving at him.

 

            Flashing an alluring smile, she motioned him towards her.

 

            “Do you know her or something?”

 

            Aware of their curiosity and questions, Hongki turned to them and simply answered, “Back off, she’s my wife.”

 

            Setting his glass on the table, a smirking Hongki stood up and slowly walked towards the dance floor, leaving the men with their jaws dropped, faces in complete shock and disbelief.

 

-o0o-

 

            Last night, her world was whole from happiness; but now, it was tearing to pieces because of pain. Slightly awake, Mina was forced to face a mind splitting headache caused by last night’s partying and drinking spree. She knew this day’s going to start from bad to worse. Comforted by the warmth around her, she kept her eyes closed and tried to go back to sleep.

 

            Meanwhile, a half asleep person dubbed by many as ‘Prince Hongki’ was enjoying the cozy feeling given by his pillow. Ignoring the urge to wake up, he hugged his pillow closer to him and drifted off to sleep.

 

            There’s a stranger in my bed, there’s a pounding in my head

            Glitter all over the room, pink flamingos in the pool

            I smell like a mini bar….. There’s a hicky or bruise ~

 

               The attempted trip to dreamland was short-lived when a loud music echoed all over the room. Frustrated by the deafening sound, Hongki tried to ignore it, and then realizes it was coming from his phone.

 

            “Stupid cell phone!” Hongki mumbled sleepily, “I’m going to throw it out of the window or…or dumped it in the—” he was cut off when he felt a slight movement. ‘Huh? M-my pillow was moving? Am I still dreaming?’

 

                        His assumption was vetoed when the loud music was topped by a deafening scream…of a girl. With lighting’s speed, he sat up. Though scared of an impending discovery, Hongki slowly opened his eyes; his puzzled and questioning gazes were immediately met by big eyes, mirroring the shocked expression he has.

 

            “Mina-ssi?” he breathed, “what are you doing in my bed?”

 

            Confused and shocked, Mina slowly opened . “I-I don’t…”

 

            Last Friday night, yeah we danced on table tops

            And we took too many shots

            Think we kissed but I forgot

            Last Friday night ~

           

            Unaware of his master’s current dilemma, Hongki’s phone continued ringing. A little hesitant, Hongki reached out for his phone and looked at the caller ID.

  

            Manager-hyung calling…

 

            Although unsure of the situation, Hongki knew it was a call he can’t ignore.

 

            “H-Hello?” he answered weakly.

 

            Accidently hitting the speaker button, his manager’s loud voice immediately rang from the phone. “We’ve been waiting for almost two hours now! Where are you?” he asked with a hint of annoyance.

 

            “E-eh? What are you talking about?” Hongki asked.

 

            “What the..! You don’t know?!”

 

            “Hyung, I’m not having a very good morning right now so please just tell me-”

 

            “Morning?!” his manager angrily cut off, “Do you know what time is it? It’s already four in the afternoon. Our plane to Korea left two hours ago!”

 

            “Huh? What?”

 

            “Don’t tell me you’re still at the island?” his manager asked, now a little composed and relaxed.

 

            “Well…” Hongki answered hesitantly, “I think so…”

 

            “You were supposed to have taken the plane to the main island this morning, and meet with us here at the airport at two o’clock!”

 

            “S-sorry…”

 

            “Are you with Mina? Her manager’s looking for her this morning.”

 

            At the mention of her name, Hongki quickly stole a glance at the woman silently seated beside him. “Y-yes, she’s with me,” he answered.

 

            Ignoring the phone call between Hongki and his manager, Mina calmly looked around the room and studied their situation. Based from the style and arrangement of the room, she assumed they were in a hotel room, a luxurious one. Then she noticed the clothes scattered on the floor, raising her curiosity. And then her eyes found Hongki. His now short and blond hair was pointing to different directions, and he…was shirtless.

 

            Slowly getting into the situation, Mina hesitantly looked at herself. Hands shaking, she slowly lifted the sheets and was shocked to find herself wearing nothing but Hongki’s shirt while he on the other hand was only wearing his boxer shorts. The calm demeanor she previously had vanished as she finally realized what happened.

 

            “Araso, we will be there as soon as possible-” Hongki was cut off by another terrified scream, coming from Mina.

 

            Out of impulse, Hongki dived towards Mina, pinning her down, one hand covering . “Shhh…” he whispered, pleading her to calm down.

 

            “Hongki, is something wrong? Was that Mina?” his manager asked from the phone.

 

            Making sure she stayed silent, Hongki removed his hand and lifted himself up before answering. “Y-yes, it’s Mina. She’s...she’s rehearsing a scene for her drama.”

 

            “Okay, everything’s up to you now. Make sure both you will be here tomorrow morning,” his manager restated before ending the call.

 

            Relieved and worried, Hongki turned to a blank-faced Mina. “That was close!” he exclaimed, barely forgetting the awkwardness and confusion he previously felt.

 

            Instantly, Mina avoided his eyes, and her shoulders started shaking. Next were her tears, running down her delicate face.  “Hong-chan, what happened?” she asked, using her hands to cover her face.

 

            Hongki panicked. He searched for answers but he found nothing. What should he do? Which words will he use to comfort her?

 

            “Aiigoo… I don’t know,” he answered faintly, looking defeated, “You’re the noona, what should we do?” he finished, joking slightly, hoping to ease the tension.

 

            “But Hong-chan,” she whined, “I maybe your noona, but you’re the man here.”

 

 

______________________________

 

Konnichiwa! That's it for now.

What do you guys think so far? 

Don't forget to leave your comments. ^_^