Final

Mr. Perfect

 

“Stop staring at him! It’s getting kind of creepy y’know.”

 

Ji Yong sighed and looked away. He couldn’t stop staring. How could he stop? Perfection was literally sitting two tables away from him, and now perfection was drinking his juice… and now perfection was laughing at some comment his friend had made and now—

 

“Ji! You’re still looking.” Tae Yang said.

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t stop looking at him, he’s just so… so-”

 

“-perfect?” Is the word that Jiyong liked to use to describe Seunghyun.

 

“YES!” Tae Yang groaned. Jiyong had been staring at Seunghyun for 2 years now and in that time he hadn’t built up the courage to go tell Seunghyun about the way he felt about him. He had tried a year ago but that day he found out that Seunghyun had started dating Dongwoo, the senior. Of course, Dongwoo was almost all the way across the country now. He had chosen a university far away and him and Seunghyun had ended their relationship so there was nothing stopping Jiyong from going up to Seunghyun and kissing the out of him.

 

“You should tell him.”

 

“I would if he even knew I existed. Would you go out with someone who randomly shows up and confesses?”

~~~~~~

Two tables away, Seunghyun was building up the courage to go talk to Jiyong.

 

“Daesung, do you really think he’ll give me a chance?” Seunghyun asked nervously.

 

“Are you stupid or blind? Do you not see the way he looks at you?” said Seungri, before Daesung could answer.

 

“He’s right, Seunghyun. That kid is always staring at you. I’m sure he likes you back” Daesung said while smiling. Seunghyun nodded and stood up, it was now or never.

~~~~~~

“Oh , Jiyong don’t panic but um… I think Seunghyun is headed this way –NO DON’T LOOK UP- just act cool.”

 

Jiyong could feel his heart about to leave his chest, he could see Seunghyun in his peripheral vision.

 

“Hi, um… Jiyong can I talk to you for a second?” Jiyong almost lost it. Seunghyun knows his name.

 

“Is that Seungri over there? He owes me money, see you later Ji.” Tae Yang left the table leaving Seunghyun and Jiyong alone together.

 

“Uh yeah sure, what do you wanna talk about?” asked Jiyong. He was so nervous and excited that he was trying not to vomit from so many emotions.

 

“I was told you’re a Pharrell fan and well Daesung and Seungri don’t wanna come with me so I was wondering if you’d like to go? It’d be nice to go with someone who genuinely likes the artist.” Seunghyun was smiling but his palms were sweating and he could no longer feel his heart from how fast it was beating.

 

“I’d love to but… why me? I wasn’t even aware you knew who I was and besides there are many Pharrell fans who would’ve loved to go with you.”

 

“Yes but none of them are nearly as cute as you are.” Did he seriously just say that? Seunghyun wanted to groan at his forwardness but then he saw Jiyong’s cheeks turn to a light shade of pink. Hey, if it works….

 

“I’m serious. You’re really cute and I’ve… I’ve liked you for some time now so I guess this is me asking you out.” He saw a small smile trying to escape from Jiyong’s lips.

 

“I’ve liked you for some time now too.” 

 

“Sooooo pick up around 8?” Seunghyun asks. Jiyong nods.

 

“You see Jiyong,” Tae Yang appears out of nowhere “I told you he liked you and you were all sad and grumpy for no reason. Mr. Perfect liked you all along.”

 

“Mr. Perfect?” asks Seunghyun, raising his eyebrows. Jiyong groans and proceeds to hide his face into his hands.