Chance

The Jerk Healed My Heart

 

Your eyes were now swollen, and you tried not to sob but you couldn’t handle the hurt that you were experiencing. Luhan was your first boyfriend, and your relationship lasted for 2 years. It was going to be the 3rd next month, but he just broke up with you… through text. You remembered that hurtful one sentence, and you cried harder.

“Oi, Klutz, what are you doing here? It’s already midnight, why are you still awake?” Recognizing the person’s voice, you didn’t bother to look up. Kai sat down beside you and was surprised to see you crying. He quickly put on his cool, not caring look. You wiped away the tears but it didn’t stop to flow. You didn’t want anyone to see your vulnerable side, especially if the person who would see was Kai.

“I’m not in the mood, Jongin. Stop bothering me and just go.” Your voice cracked and sounded lifeless. Kai didn’t respond, but instead, he kept his gaze on you. The atmosphere between the both of you wasn’t awkward, or peaceful. All you could feel right now is pain. It was quiet, the only thing you could hear was your silent sobs. As far as you didn’t want to shed a tear with your enemy beside you, tears wouldn’t stop from falling. You felt Kai’s gaze so, you turned your head to him. Your eyes met his, and his image was blurry due to the tears that kept on building up in your eyes.

“What?” You asked, sounding like a weak, poor little girl. Kai blinked once and then he flicked your forehead.

“Yah! W-what was that for?!” You wiped your tears and bit your lower lip. “Neo Micheoseo?! (Are you crazy)” You half screamed. He didn’t answer you, and once again flicked your forehead. Your red, puffy eyes narrowed at him and in a split second, you had hit his arm.

“Mwoya! What the heck is your problem?! I already told you that I’m not in the mood, so better leave me alone if you want to live!” You sniffed, and felt another tear left your eyes. Due to your annoyance, you forgot Luhan for a while.

“Why are you crying?” He finally spoke, and his question made you hold your breath. His text message echoed in your head, causing you to burst into tears. You looked down, avoiding Kai’s gaze. The guy softened. Even though you were his number one enemy, he doesn’t want to see you in pain. Kai knew that you were a strong person, and you wouldn’t cry for no reason.

“What’s the matter?” He questioned. You covered your face with your hands, and began telling him what happened. You wanted to feel better, so you decided to spill all the pain to Kai.

“So, you’re crying because he broke up with you? That’s it?” He said, sounding like it wasn’t a big deal and you were just overreacting. You looked at him with disbelief, and thought that maybe he really doesn’t have a heart.

“What do you mean by that’s it?” Your facial expression couldn’t be read. You were mad at him for thinking that your love for Luhan was nothing.

“Well, there’s a lot of guy in the world, yet you’re acting like it’s the end of everything. You’re just being pathetic right now.” He nonchalantly said, followed with a shrug.

“How dare you. I love him and I can’t just give my affection to someone. I’m not like those girls who you knew. I’m not like them, that doesn’t care if their boyfriend break up with them and next day they’re dating another guy. I’m not cheap, Jongin.” You shook your head, and all he did was to stare at you. “Tch. I don’t know why I even think that you can somehow help me… Maybe I’m right that you’re made out of ice. You definitely don’t understand what I feel.” You wiped away your tears and saw Kai’s expression turning into an angry look. His stare became a hard glare.

“What? Aren’t I correct? You simply think that my feelings are nothing.” You snapped, not caring about how you look like right now. You were tearing up so bad and you were sure that your appearance was a complete mess. You were not afraid of Kai, and even if he hurt you, it won’t matter because of what you feel inside your heart.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2erQHsWsjIg -Baby Don't Cry)

You were expecting Kai to hit you or shout at you but instead, you were trapped in his arms. Your eyes widen at his sudden move. He pulled you closer and leaned to your ear.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. He started to your hair and soon, you felt incredibly comfortable in his arms.

“I didn’t mean to say those words. What I wanted you to know is… that guy doesn’t deserve you and you shouldn’t be wasting your tears just because he doesn’t want you anymore. Like what I said, there are a lot of guys around. He isn’t the only one.” Kai softly told you what he meant, and you unconsciously wrapped your arms around his y waist. You buried your face onto his chest and soon his tank top was drenched with your tears.

“I know…b-but it hurts. My heart hurts.” You said between your sobs, and tightly pulled Kai to you. You heard him sighed and then he break free with your hug. You look worse than before. Kai wiped away the tears streaming down your face with his thumb and then he held your face.

“Sshh… I know, but you need to move on. Look at you, where’s the annoying, stubborn, happy-go-lucky girl that I know? The last time I saw you cry was when we’re 6, when you tripped and your lollipop touch the dirty ground. Ever since that day, I heard you promise yourself that you will never cry again, because your crush, Kris, saw your weak side.” Instead of answering him, you just stared at his eyes. You noticed that his eyes seemed like it was longing for something… someone. You were also surprised that he still remembered your not-so-good childhood memories.

“Kai…” You muttered, holding back your tears, trying your best to forget the pain. “I-I can’t… it’s hard to let go. I… I…” Kai pressed his index finger on your lips so you would stop talking.

“Sshh... seriously, stop crying. You look ugly.” He said, before putting his forehead against yours. His hands rested on your shoulders, and he let out a big sigh. He leaned back a little, capturing your gaze.

“Eun Ri-ah, I’m going to tell you something important so please listen very carefully, nae?” Kai his bottom lip as you nodded.

“I’m here to help you forget that guy.” He sincerely looked into your eyes with full of determination. You titled your head, not really getting what he meant.

“H-how?” you asked, being oblivious with everything.

“I’m… I’m in love with you.” He confessed. You noticed light shade of pink on his cheeks, and you actually thought that he was cute.

“S-since when?”

“I don’t know. All I know is… I started to feel so mad whenever you’re with another guy. I even hated myself when I admitted that I love you.”

“I thought you hate me? You keep on acting like a bully and you’re always cold to me. Why were you acting like that?” You said, still staring on his eyes.

“At first… well, I don’t really hate you. It’s just I’m annoyed whenever you’re around… and then next thing I know I have feelings for you. I acted like I hate you because you already acknowledge me as your enemy since we were little. That’s the only way I could come near you and talk to you. I tried to be nice to you once, but whenever I come to you, you would ignore me. So I continued on acting like I’m your worst enemy. At least I have a title on your life, right?”

“Paboya… title on my life… yes, and that title is ‘the person that I hate the most’.” Your conversation with him made you forget about Luhan. You didn’t even notice that…

“Do you really hate me?” He asked, and you could see in his eyes that he was sad.

“Well… I don’t really hate you. It’s just you’re so annoying that sometimes I just want to beat you up.”

“So, you do hate me.”

“I won’t put it as hate.”

“So I have chance?” He questioned, hoping that you would say yes.

“I… I don’t know. I still love him and I don’t want to hurt you.”

“I’ve been hiding my feelings for years… I had felt the pain for a lot of times, yet I didn’t stop loving you. I would take any risk just to make you mine. Please give me a chance to express my feelings.” He said, almost pleading. You stared at him for a while…

“Kai, I’m scared. I don’t want to feel this pain anymore.”

“I won’t let you be in pain… I give you all my love and I promise to be the best boyfriend in the world. I’m not telling you that you need to be my girlfriend right away. But just let me court you.”

“What will happen, if I say yes? I’m afraid that our relationship would also end.” You whispered, your voice was shaking. You were crying again. Kai cupped your face and then he kissed your tears away. You stiffed when his lips touched your cheek.

“Again… I’ve been in love with you for the last 6 years of my life and I’m certain that you’re the only girl that I will love.” He softly replied, his voice full of love. The both of you stared at each other’s eyes, and slowly, Kai leaned in, closing the gap between your lips. Your and Kai’s eyes closed as the gap was only few centimeters away.

Kai’s lips landed softly on yours. You two stayed still for a moment, no movement needed. You felt weird electricity ran through your body. Kai’s right hand held the side of your neck, while his left arm s around your petite waist. His lips started to move on yours, it moved softly against yours as if you were going to break if he didn’t took care of you. You unconsciously wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him closer. You felt strange kissing him, not strange the bad way but it was in a good way. It felt like it was a normal thing for you to kiss him and as if it was meant to be. You two kissed for a long time and soon you needed to have oxygen in your system. You broke the kiss, and Kai’s lips formed a sweet smile. The both of you were gasping for dear oxygen.

“So is that a yes?” He asked a minute after. Your positions were still the same, and you gazed on his alluring orbs.

“I’m confused.” You answered honestly.

“Don’t worry. You won’t hurt me… You’ll learn to love me soon.” He confidently said, before winking. You smiled. You never thought that the jerk of your life will be the one who would heal your heart.

“Kai… Kamsahamnida.” You sweetly said.

“For what?”

“For tonight, for everything, for your love. Sorry if I gave you a lot of painful moments.” Kai lovingly smiled at your statement. He stoked your hair, before answering.

“No problem. I would do anything for my love.” He whispered, looking straight to your eyes. You were so touched by what he said and felt you heartbeat became faster than it should be. Your body took over your mind, and you kissed him once again. Kai was shocked but soon kissed you back, smiling against your lips.

He pulled away and then he carried you bridal style.

“Princess, we need to take a rest, we have school tomorrow. I’ll carry you home.”

“Kai, put me down. I’m heavy.” You pouted which Kai thought that it was really cute. He pecked your lips, before shaking his head.

“You are heavy, but I don’t care.”

“Yah! Meanie…” You hit his arm, and then you both laughed. Kai brought you home, kissed your forehead as a good mornight greeting. When you closed the door, you watched Kai as he skipped away to his house, 2 blocks away from yours. You smiled and thought…

‘That Jerk… I think I’m falling for him now… weird, but he healed my broken heart. I’ll get over you in no time, Luhan-ah.’

                                                                                                                                                           

Hello! thank you for reading! Just made a oneshot cause I can no longer take my feels for him.. xD

-author-nim ^^