Part Two: Outburst and...

I Dare You To Love Me!

“…We’re friends, right Chae Rin ah?” Chanyeol grinned like an innocent kid.

 

I clenched my fist and I swore I never had wanted to beat Chanyeol so much until today.

 

“Good friends.” Chanyeol ruffled my hair and pat my head three times.

 

“Chanyeol.”

                                                                                  

I smacked his hand away and wanted to run away since the last 5 minutes Chanyeol has been throwing me into the friend-zone area.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, with a serious face.

 

“Can I not be your freaking friend? I like you so much more than a friend; basically it’s not possible to look at you as “just a friend” anymore.” I looked at the ground, voice slightly shaking.

I won’t much courage like today…

 

Should I continue?

 

I looked up slowly at Chanyeol, his expressions were mixed with confusion.

 

What the heck…I shall give my all today.

 

I pushed Chanyeol to the wall, hardly.

Then looked at him with a calm face, the best that I could do at the moment.

 

“Enough of the “We’re friends” bull crap. Can’t you freaking see that I like you a lot?” I bit my bottom lip hard and swallowed before continuing.

 

“C-Chae Rin?!” Chanyeol’s voice cracked up, and I wonder why.

 

I breathed in deeply and then out.

Today I’m going to be the bravest.

 

“I dare you to love me. Cut it out with your mixed signals and bull crap. If you don’t have the balls to do so, I won’t even be friends with you.” I released his collars that I’ve have been grabbing on to and tucked them nicely.

 

“I’ll wait for your reply.” I waved, back-facing him, leaving.

 

Soon as I felt that I was out of his sight, I ran to the park near our school.

 

I went on the running track and ran for god knows how long.

During the run, my thoughts cleared up a lot.

 

If Chanyeol rejects me, I probably would need a few weeks, or even months to get over that so probably I could go like JeJu island and play or something…

 

But what if he likes me back…or even loves me?

 

That’s the best but I doubt its possibility…

 

 

I avoided-

 

No wait.

 

We both avoided each other the whole day.

I can’t find the words to say and neither can he, I think.

 

Maybe I shocked him a little too much.

Haha, maybe I was too aggressive.

 

I laughed to myself, attracting some attention from the other students.

 

Maybe…it’s the end of our friendship…

 

Good job, Chae Rin.

WELL DONE.

ALL YOU COULD HAVE DONE IS BE CONTENTED THAT YOU’RE HIS FRIEND BUT NOOOOOOOO-

 

As I reprimanded myself, tears pricked my eyes.

 

I cursed and wiped my tears away.

 

I’m so not gonna cry in freaking class.

 

As I walked out of the last class, I saw Baek Hyun and Kai leaning on their back against the wall, perhaps they’re waiting for Chanyeol…

 

I walked pass them, but I heard Kai calling my name.

Was that an illusion?

 

Maybe.

 

I continued walking and suddenly, my bag was pulled and I fell backwards, on to Baek Hyun.

 

“Oh god...” Kai grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

 

“You okay?” He asked, with a worried tone.

 

“Baek would hurt even more…” We turned and looked at Baek Hyun, he was holding my bag and still on the floor, pouting.

 

“Baek…” I offered my hand but he smacked it away.


“You made me fall down. You sooooo have to pay for my medical fees.” Baek Hyun glared.

 

Suddenly, Baek Hyun’s fierce expression changed into a softer one.

“Chae Rin, what did you just call me?”

 

“Baek…?”

 

“Heh, I knew you would like me better one day.” He smirked and stood up, patting the dust off his pants and puts my bag over his shoulder.

 

“Pffft~ since when did I say I like you better now…” I stuck out my tongue at him.

 

“Since you just gave me a nickname!!~” Baek Hyun holds my hand and swung it.

 

The hell…Baek Hyun is acting like a little kid today.

 

“Chae Rin, I want a nickname too.” Kai hooked his arm with mine, smiling.

“I like Kai. Kai is already a good name.” I replied.

 

“Mm hmm.” He nods and gave me a peck on the cheek, causing me to turn pink a little.

 

“YAH INMA, WHO SAID THAT YOU COULD KISS HER?!”

A tall wall appeared in front of us, well, a tall wall with cute brown hair.

 

“I only told you guys to bring her over and you guys took such a long time…” Chanyeol’s voice fades as it became softer.

 

Baek Hyun and Kai let go of me and pushed me to Chanyeol, the tense atmosphere was making me nervous.

The two left and Chanyeol bought me to the school’s rooftop to…speak.

 

I stood at the railings and the strong wind at blew my hair, making it ever so cooling.

“Er…Chae Rin.” Chanyeol stood beside me, and puts his hands on the railings.

 

I looked at him, wondering what he would say.

 

“I accept your dare.” His smile turns into one of those crazed creepy looking smiles, his selcas, that Baek Hyun showed me before.

 

“As long as you don’t go running into the hills when you see the real Park Chanyeol.” He chuckles.

 

“I won’t.”

“Why are you so sure?” He makes his smile even creepier.

 

Actually they look crazed, funny, and creepy altogether.

 

“You’re pushing it…your mouth is gonna hurt if you smile too hard like that.

 

“No…Oh Ouch!” Chanyeol got his pain immediately.

 

Chanyeol rubs the corner of his lips and I held his hands, using my hands instead, to soothe the sore parts.

 

“I’m lucky.” Chanyeol nods as a reply to himself as I laugh.

 

“We’ll see who’s luckier.” I tip-toed and gave him a kiss.