Day 01: Birds & Berries

Soshimon! I Choose You!

_________________________________________      __

________________________________     __

Chapter 01: Birds & Berries

____________        __

 

It had been awhile before they regained consciousness. Groans could be heard all over the place. Girls’ Generation’s flight had just crash landed and none of them knew where they were. And somehow, none of them could spot the two pilots and stewardess, but airplane debris were scattered.

 It was a surprise how none of them actually got hurt in the process, which still left them bewildered at the happenings.

“Ugh. There’s no phone signal anywhere here!” Jessica shouted in annoyance as she checker her phone. The other girls, including her sister, just sighed when they found out what she had said was true.

Sunny then stood up and tried to lift her head as high as her height would let her to. She quickly regained proper composure and shook her head.

“Well, wherever we are, I’m sure as hell we’re not on a small island.” She informed them as their eyes wandered and could only see a deep forest with thick trees.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

A piercing scream rang through their ear drums as they quickly turned to who’s obvious scream was that; Tiffany.

“Oh my gosh! What did I just see?!” She keeps shouting in terror and she ran towards the girls. “I swear, I think I just saw some kind of bug, no, monster!! I- I…it was so…-“ Tiffany couldn’t keep her cool and just tried to say something about what she had just seen.

“Unnie! Calm Down! I’m pretty sure it was just a bug. We’re somewhere not a lot of people go to. There probably might be species of animals that humankind haven’t even discovered yet.” Seohyun told them as exquisitely as she could.

Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, and Yoona could only sigh in disbelief of their maknae’s curiosity for such scientific and knowledgeable things.  They were pretty sure which of the girls would be enjoying this for quite some time as they noticed the glint of interest in Seohyun’s eyes. While pretty sure who won’t by glancing at the almost crying Tiffany.

Taeyeon and Sunny though, were busy and ignored what the younger ones were doing, trying to look around them, trying to familiarize their surroundings. Jessica was still on her phone, while also looking around, but specifically for signal reception.

Krystal decided it was best to follow the three eldest girls’ actions and looked around some bushes. Then, when she looked up to look at the trees, something fast went right past her, causing her to squeal and fall down on her bum.

Before the other girls could react, she then noticed something. Strange, she was now staring at a bird. But she has never seen a bird like this, ever. The bird though, just kept staring at her. The girl though felt uncomfortable and scared so she tried to shoo it away.

Back at home, Krystal could scare pigeons with just a cold eye to eye scare. Unfortunately right now, even trying to smack it was no use. It just dodged every move she made, which, knowing herself, annoyed her.

When she was about to pull a full slap, it quickly jumped and pecked her hand and flew to the top of her head.  “It looks like it doesn’t want to get away from you Krys.” Taeyeon jokingly told her while hearing giggles from the other girls.

The youngest of them all just rolled her eyes before standing up, still with the bird creature all cozied up on her head.  

“Well… it’s best if we try to roam around. No use in staying here if we can’t do anything.” The leader told them all. Fortunately for Taeyeon, no one disagreed.

While packing up their stuff, a sudden realization then hit a certain girl. “Um… guys… do we have food with us?” Sooyoung asked loudly for everyone to hear, gulping deeply afterwards. The girl’s face next to her, Yoona, became as grim as Sooyoung’s.

Even though the two girls were known to be shikshins, all of them were caught in fear as they realized they had no food with them; none at all. And who knows how long they will be staying until they’re rescued.

Then suddenly, the bird on Krystal’s head finally flew off. “Thank goodness, I was getting a really massive head ache.” Krystal said dully as she put two fingers on her temple.

“Pidjak!” Their attention was now on the bird. Once it was satisfied with their stares, it flew up to a nearby tree. It then flew around the tree, gaining speed as it circles more. Most of the girls’ mouths were hanging at the incredible speed. They couldn’t even see it clearly anymore.

It then became slower and slower. After that, it then flew back to Krystal, but this time, landing on her shoulders. Krystal shot it a surprised look.

“What was that for huh?”

“Pijaaaak!”

It screeched as it raised its right wing which pointed to the tree it just looped by. Before any of them could say anything, lots of berries then fell down. The bird went back to the base of the tree, took one berry into its peak, and flew to Krystal, giving it to her before landing again on her shoulders.

Being the best athletes in the group, Hyoyeon and Yuri quickly climbed the other trees, delight on their faces, contented with what they found.

“There are lots of berries and fruits here!” Yuri said in happiness as she climbed back down swiftly.

“It’ll last us a few days I guess. We just need to eat lots of it.” Hyoyeon added as she approached the rest of the group.

While being relieved, there was still a thought that bothered Jessica as she quickly glances on the bird resting on her sister’s right shoulder. “Hey… did that bird just understood we were having problems with food?” Her eyebrows were raised as she pointed to the bird.

After what Jessica said, realization seemed to kick in as their faces started to express shock. “Yeah, you’re right. It showed us where we can get something to eat. It even gave Krystal a berry.” Yoona said aloud, agreeing with Jessica.

Intrigued at the thought, Krystal then offered her right arm to bird, which responded to what she hoped and rested on her arm. She then made it face her; both of them were staring at each other.

After taking a deep breath, she finally decided to talk to the creature. “Did you understand that we were hungry?” She asked but just after one second she already felt stupid by talking to it, but shortly after, it let out a cry.

“Pijak!”

It wasn’t a sad cry, but they felt it was a happy cry. They were stunned. But before any of them could respond, something else caught their attention.

“PIJEOOOOOOOOK!”

A deeper screech was heard from above. They then looked up and fear struck their faces. A much larger, bigger bird creature was hovering over them; its shadow from the sunlight covering them as it flew in circles. Everyone eyed it though, but when its eyes struck on Krystal, it became wide and another loud screech was heard.

It flew up fast, only to dive back down fast. What’s worse? It was headed onto Krystal’s direction.

“KRYSTAL!” Jessica shouted in fear for her little sister as she ran towards her. Krystal started running and but she noticed the bird on her shoulder took off in the opposite direction, flying almost as fast with a very serious face which stopped her and turned her heels.

“Wait! You’re going to get hurt!” She tried to grasp after it. Apparently and unknowingly, she had gain quite an attachment to the small creature in their short amount of time of just meeting each other.

Before the small and big bird collided, an electric bolt came out of nowhere and hit the larger bird which made it halt to a complete stop, in pain too. It then fled and flew away with the little bird flying back to Krystal, who was relieved.

All the girls were shocked and turned their heads to where the electricity came from and apparently, their eyes widened  and grasps could be heard at the sight. 

 

__             _________________________________

+++           __________________________

So? How is it? hahaComments are appreciated!

Honestly, I didn't even think I would get subscribers :)

Thanks for giving this one a try! lol

___         _________________