Promises are Meant to Die, My Love

Promises are Meant to Die, My Love

Chapter One:

"I'm home," she says as she enters into her house struggling to kick off her shoes.

Her little brother is wearing a raincoat and searching underneath the tables, "unni, have you seen my rainboots?"

She looked at him strangely, "it's 82 degress outside, there's not a single cloud in the sky, why are you prepared for rain?"

He finally finds his blue boots and had a hard time trying to get out from under the table, "you don't know how things will turn out later on." He says sitting like a five year old as he put his boots on. He then stands up with a big grin on his face, "dad's at work, mom went to the spa with her friends, I'm going over to my girlfriends house--" before he could even walk past her she stopped him with her hand flat on his face, keeping him from taking another step as she leaned in to look at him.

"Go A-Su how old are you?"

He looked up at his sister, he didn't even reach her shoulders and took in a big gulp of his pride, "I'm 11."

She finally moved her hand off his face and sighs as she crossed her arms, "A-Su, you're only 11, don't even tell me you really do have a girlfriend."

He rushes down the hallway, into his room, searches through his backpack and comes running back with a picture, "this is her."

Ara took a good look at the picture. He wasn't lying one bit. The picture was of her little brother and a cute little girl around his age holding hands. She moved the picture away from her view to glare at her little brother, "when mom and dad get's home I'm going to tell them... so you better be home before that time or else they're going to lock you up and you can kiss-- I mean tell her goodbye."

A-Su looks at his sister and looks down in disappointment, "I'll be home before five," he puts the picture into his pocket and walks towards the door.

Ara glances over at her little brother who was already growing up. She sighs as she walks over to the sofa and falls flat onto it. "What is this world coming to!" She exclaims, "even my little brother is dating before I am!"

"Is that so?"

Ara quickly sat up and stared towards the door to see Ki Bum smiling at her. She fixes her hair and clears , "how did you get in?"

He took off his shoes, "A-Su let me in before he left."

"So... you heard everything?"

He walks up to her and relaxed on their sofa, "only from the part where you admitted you've never dated before."

Ara pouts her lips and sits down next to him feeling pathetic. She then looks back at him, "why are you here?"

He looks back at her, "I'm bored."

She looks away and pouts again, "I knew it, you only come over when you're bored."

He looked around the house not even hearing what she had said then he looked back at her, "ey, no one's home?"

She shook her head, "even my family has more of a life than I do." She complained, "he's only 11, he even dare start dating before me, I'm about to go crazy--"

"Make me something to eat," Ki Bum said not even hearing what she had to say again, "no one's home at my house too. I'm hungry."

Ara glared at him, "you always make me cook whenever you're here. What do you want to eat then? Sandwich?"

He thought about it, "what can you make for me?"

Ara sighs and quickly stood up, "fine, sandwich it is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A While Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They've finished eating the sandwiches that Ara made, Ki Bum didn't even touch the bread crust. She glares at him as he made himself comfortable on the sofa once again.

"You hate the crust don't you? Next time I'll just cut it off then." Ara picked up his mess, went into the kitchen to throw it away.

Ki Bum yawns and stretches, "ey Ara, can you read me a book?"

She looked at him from the kitchen, "read you a book? How old are you now that you still want me to read to you?"

He smiles and looked over at her, "please..." he says with an irresitible smile.

She gave up, "ok."

Ki Bum hands her the book, "this one."

She took a long look at it and sighs, "you want me to read to you about Mazinger Z? (Note: Mazinger Z is like the Power Rangers)"

He continues to smile.

....a couple pages later....

"So with his undefeatable blade, Mazinger Z defeated the evil villian..." Ara closes the book and lets out a deep yawn. Ki Bum was laying on her lap, sleeping like a child. She watches him and moved the hair covering his eyes. She lets out a small laughter, "you're always like this..." she sets the book down on the table infront of them and tried to move him off of her but in his sleepy daze, he wrapped his arms around her waist stopping her from moving any further. Ara couldn't help but continue to let him sleep on her lap. It was times like these where she wished they were more than "just friends".

....a couple hours later....

Ara ends up waking from her sleep, finding herself alone in her house. She looked around and realized Ki Bum had left. As she stood up to stretch she saw a note on the table, picked it up, and read it.

~"Thanks for reading to me, I enjoyed it. Kim Ki Bum. P.S. Did you gain weight? Your legs felt like my pillow no wonder I fell asleep so quickly."~

Ara ends up crumbling the paper and looked at her legs, trying to determine to herself if she did or did not gain weight, which frustrated her even more.

A-Su then entered into the house, his raincoat drenched.

Ara looked at her little brother, "why are you soaked?"

He sighs, "I was lucky I wore this. It's like a typhoon out there."

"Typhoon?!" Ara freaked out, "did you see Ki Bum when you were coming home?"

He shook his head, "I didn't."

"You didn't?!" Ara ran towards the window and looked out at the wild storm, A-Su wasn't lying at all. She looked at her brother and quickly took off his raincoat, "I'll be back, you wait here until mom and dad comes home--"

"Unnie where are you going?" He asks as she quickly slipped on her flats, "it's dangerous out there."

Without a word, she rushes out of the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~To Be Continued~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~