The Cause

Seoul Searching

 

 
The man who was talking with Kang Gary earlier put down the phone with a smirk on his face. A month and weeks ago, he was assigned to get rid of Kim Jong Kook. The reason for giving him the mission was revealed, but seeing the money that they offered him was enough for him to disregard the reason as to why he needed to get rid of Kim Jong Kook. He searched for Kim Jong Kook's information in the internet, but there was no data about the said man. He looked for more details until he was able to dig a very crucial information about his target. 
 
On the day of Song Ji Hyo's first-ever live press conference, he was ticked-off that Kim Jong Kook will make a surprise appearance, so he made that day his mission day. He was watching Song Ji Hyo's live press conference when he thought of something. Ji Hyo's definition about her soon-to-be-husband boyfriend is far from the details that he has of Kim Jong Kook. He was confused on how Jong Kook, the third son of the powerful Kim clan, was described as an ordinary man by Song Ji Hyo. 'Something is wrong here.' he thought to himself. 
 
He saw Jong Kook came out from their mansion. The man, who wore simple clothes, came to where his car was parked. The mansion where he lives is actually just 30 minutes away from where Song Ji Hyo is having a press conference. Just as a smart person that he is, he researched why a non-celebrity Song Ji Hyo would do a press conference. And he found out that Ji Hyo will officially announced her engagement to an ordinary man to get the audience's interest as her father, Song Kang Ho, might enter politics. 'Something is weird.' he thought to himself again.
 
He heard the starting sound of Jong Kook's car engine, so he readied himself to do his mission in one shot. He checked his gun sitting on the passenger's seat. He looked at Jong Kook intensely and followed him when he had started to drive his way to the place where Ji Hyo is. Although the location of their places are quite near, the road to take is so narrow and steep. The darkness of the place doesn't fear them, and he smiles knowing that even the place is in favor of him to do his mission. He was about to place the gun to cease Jong Kook's life when the latter bumped his car to his car. He was surprised about the collision. The next thing he knew, Jong Kook is already in front of him. 
 
"Who are you?" Kim Jong Kook asked him with his gun pointed on his chest. 'This man sure is a fierce one.' he thought to himself when he saw his intense gaze at him. "I am asking you, who are you?" Jong Kook asked again. "Why are you following me?" he asked. He shook his head as a denial. "I'm not." he told him. "Don't take me for a fool, young man." he told him. 'Young man?' he asked himself. 'You take me as a kid?' he asked him on his mind. "You are lucky enough that I am in a hurry. The next time I see you again, I won't let you go." Jong Kook told him as he turned around to go back to his car not minding the damage of his car. 
 
When Jong Kook turned around, he hurriedly got off his car, and yelled, "Mr. Kim Jong Kook-ssi, are you in a hurry to see where your loveable girlfriend Song Ji Hyo is?" his question made Jong Kook stopped walking. He faced him with a scrunched forehead. "Who in the world are you?" he asked him curiously. He smiled at Jong Kook and answered, "I'll tell you after I enclose my mission." he told Jong Kook making the latter changed its face reaction. "Oh, I think you know what I meant." he said provoking anger from the man whom he knows a tough one. 
 
"But I wonder Mr. Kim Jong Kook-ssi, Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi just said that her boyfriend is just an ordinary man. Does it even match your description? Oh, if I may quote, she also said this, "One day, you'll be surprised to see yourself smiling at the thought of caring for someone so much who used to be just an ordinary person." he stopped and smirked at Jong Kook. "I don't think you are the one she's referring to, one of the three owners of Security Protection Agency, Mr. Kim Jong Kook-ssi." he said making him smile seeing Jong Kook's eyes widened. 
 
"Did I surprise you before you could even make a surprise at your precious Song Ji Hyo?" he smilingly asked while still doing the provocation. When he said the words, Jong Kook realized that he needed to be in the press conference as quickly as possible, so he turned around at him again. "Ya! Kim Jong Kook-ssi, don't turn your back at me. I might kill you while your back is facing me, you know." he warned, but his warning was ignored by Jong Kook. He got irritated for he had expected another reaction. 
 
To his irritation, he said, "Someone out there is already revealing your true nature, Mr. Kim Jong Kook-ssi." Jong Kook turned around to face him again. This time he got the reaction that he wanted to see, however, when he saw his fiery eyes looking at him, he felt like he got burned. "What gave you the right to intrude to the relationship that I have with Song Ji Hyo?" he told him grabbing his shirt. "The right to be right, Mr. Kim Jong Kook-ssi. And the right to kill you with all my might." he told him while the two of them are staring fiercely at each other. 
 
His words made Jong Kook made his way to attack him first. They exchanged attacks for than 20 minutes and neither of them are giving up. It's the first time that he had a competition like this and he's liking it. Just then, when he was about to place his gun onto Jong Kook's head, Jong Kook held his hands tightly. He was strong enough to place his hands at his back with his loaded gun. He looked at Jong Kook and Jong Kook smiled at him as he said, "You'll definitely regret messing with me, young man." Jong Kook was about to give him a stun shut, but his phone rang with a notable ring tone.
 
'Kim Jong Kook Oppa, this is Song Ji Hyo. I love you. Kim Jong Kook Oppa, this is Song Ji Hyo. I love you. Kim Jong Kook Oppa, this is Song Ji Hyo. I love you.' When the ringtone was heard, both men looked at each other. Jong Kook let go of him right before he could do something about him just to answer his phone call. He almost wavered at seeing Jong Kook's affections toward Song Ji Hyo, however, he reminded himself about the consequences that he'll face if he won't be successful of getting rid of Kim Jong Kook, so while Jong Kook was on the phone, he quickly made his way to where Jong Kook is. 
 
Jong Kook's attention was divided between the man who's brave enough to pick a fight with him and Song Ji Hyo who he knows is waiting for his arrival, but then, he felt that something was placed at the back of his head, so before he ended the call, he said, "Ji Hyo-yah, I'm sorry. I love you." He ended the call and turned around to see the man, however, the man was quick enough to pull the trigger right after he turned around making the gun shot the side of his forehead. 
 
He fell on his feet and started to see a darker darkness. "J-Ji Hyo -- yah.. J-Ji Hyo- - yah.."  he said with his bleeding head until he lost consciousness. The man, who shot Jong Kook without any hesiation, placed a call to his boss to inform that his mission has been completed. The man looked at the unconscious Kim Jong Kook as his boss gave him a good appraisal by saying, "I'm so proud of you. Good job Song Joong Ki!" making him smile back and forth upon seeing and hearing two different things at the same time.