The Clarity

Seoul Searching

 

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo met halfway when they saw each other.  Fortunately, the car didn't go that far from where Jong Kook was left alone. They smile at each other when they saw each other's figure. Ji Hyo waved at Jong Kook, so he hurriedly ran towards where she's standing. Ji Hyo hugged Jong Kook when her man came closer to her. Jong Kook was surprised with her gesture, but she told him that they don't need to worry anymore since Gary already knows that they are in a relationship. "How did it happen?" he asked worriedly. 
 
"It doesn't matter how it happened. The best thing now here is that he already knows." she told her man. "Won't it be dangerous?" he asked. Ji Hyo went blank with what he just asked. "Dangerous? Why would it be dangerous if we are in a relationship?" she confusingly asked. "Ji Hyo-yah, I feel something is strange about this." he told her seriously. Ji Hyo looked at him asking him to say more, but he didn't know what to say at all. Ji Hyo sighed when he didn't expound his thoughts. "Ya, are you mad?" he asked Ji Hyo to which she replied with a soft no. 
 
Ji Hyo held his hand and stopped a taxi. She told Jong Kook to ride the taxi by giving him a look. They are now inside the taxi. "Where to go?" the taxi driver asked. "Near the Han River coast." she told the driver. Jong Kook looked at her with curiousity. "Why do we need to go to the coast?" he asked. She didn't answer him, but she put her head on his shoulder. He saw her closed her eyes. He smiled at the resting Ji Hyo, but his mind is so confused. "I'm tired, Jong Kook Oppa. I want to feel the wind near the coast." she murmured. 
 
It was only after few minutes when they arrived at the coast. Ji Hyo sat down, so he followed her. "Didn't you tell me that you used to be here with your second boyfriend?" he asked Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo looked at him. She nodded at him as an answer. "Then why are we here?" he continued. Ji Hyo looked at him and asked, "Are you mad?" He sighed. "I just can't see the logic why I need to be here where you will just be reminded of your irresponsible second boyfriend." he told her in a serious tone. Ji Hyo looked at him seriously.
 
"Jong Kook-ssi, don't call him that. What's wrong with you?" she reacted. He was surprised to see Ji Hyo's reaction, and much more surprised with what she called him. He sighed again. "Don't tell me you are still in love with that man?" he asked unaware of Ji Hyo's feelings. "You dumped a perfect man Kang Gary to be with that man, you still have him in your heart, but you are saying you are my woman?" he asked continuously. "Just how do you think that one is fair for me?" he bombarded her questions because of confusion. 
 
"Kim Jong Kook--" she was about to say something when Jong Kook cut her words. "Are you playing with my feelings? Do I remind you of your second boyfriend? Do you think of him while you're kissing me? Do you even know that I am your SPA bodyguard Kim Kong Kook?" he asked more and more until Ji Hyo slapped him. "Ya! Kim Jong Kook! I didn't know you have that such low disregard of me." she said while controlling her tears. She just couldn't believe those words came from the man she loves the most. 
 
"It's true. It's true that I dumped the perfect man Kang Gary to be with the man who dumped me a month before our wedding. But do you even know why? Huh? Kang Gary may have been the most prominent man in the world, he, who has everything. He has the money, the charm, the skills, the talent, and he had my heart. Not until I got to know a man who's way different from him. The man I knew doesn't have it all, but he has a good heart. He gave me time that Gary wasn't able to give me. He gave me the happiness that I haven't found in Kang Gary."
 
Gary, who followed them, was also at the coast watching the two of them as he heard everything. He doesn't feel any pain, but his heart is aching. He came back to South Korea knowing Ji Hyo might have given up on the man whom he was replaced with, however, when he got back, he realized that nothing has changed. The woman whom he has been loving for a long time is still as committed to the man who was not man enough to fight for her. Seeing Ji Hyo trying to control her tears while confronting Jong Kook makes him sad and angry at the same time. 
 
Kim Jong Kook started to tear up when he saw how his words affected Song Ji Hyo. He tried to pull her closer to his chest, but she refused. "I thought you said no matter how much complications we'll have with this relationship, you won't set me free. " she uttered. "Ji Hyo-yah, who said I'm setting you free? I won't do that." he told her. "But you are doubting me." she answered. He was silent for a while, so Ji Hyo looked at him with hurt in her eyes. "See?" she asked. "But, I understand. Don't worry." she added while trying to compose herself.
 
Kim Jong Kook sighed in front of Song Ji Hyo. He doesn't know what to think, but somehow he felt something strange deep inside him. Eversince he saw the picture of Song Ji Hyo in their SPA Database, he had felt that somehow everything is so unclear. "Ji Hyo-yah, I haven't asked you this since the very beginning, so I'd like to ask you now. Who is he? What is the name of that man who was the reason for all of this?" he asked making Ji Hyo's watery eyes gave up, so the tears she's been trying to suppress have rolled down her cheeks. 
 
He wiped her tears and asked, "This is the first time and the last time that I will ask you this. What is his name?" Ji Hyo shook her head not wanting to reveal her second boyfriend's identity. "Ya! Song Ji Hyo, don't make it hard on me. What the hell is the name of that stupid man who dumped you and made you cry like this?" he yelled. Ji Hyo removed his fingers on her face and wiped her tears alone. "His name is...--" she cut her sentence, but looking at his curiously-serious-blank face, she managed to say the name - "Kim Jong Kook."