The Daze

Seoul Searching

 

Song Ji Hyo blinked her eyes when she heard the place where Jong Kook would like to go to. She heard the words 'in your heart' as a response to her question. Jong Kook is still flashing his toothpaste-commercial-film-like smile when she looked at him again. Her heart pounded faster than usual, and she knows exactly why she is reacting that way. She choked a little when she noticed the nearness of the face of the man who is in front of her. Jong Kook saw her choked, and she doesn't know why he turned his look away.
 
"I'm sorry." Jong Kook told him with an obvious regret on his face. "Did you just apologize for what you have said?" she asked. "Yes, I did." he answered. The reaction on her face changed when she heard his answer. She doesn't know whether she's happy or not with the response that she got from the man who had just made a confession to her earlier. Jong Kook looked at her and said with a no trace of his flashy smile, "I didn't mean to kid around earlier, I am just so happy that I'll have a day of rest." She looked at him and saw his seriousness.
 
"It's really upsetting." she told him when she finished her words. Jong Kook looked at her. She doesn't know why his answer made her so upset. Is it because of the guts of the man? Is it because he's just a bodyguard confessing to his boss? Is it because  of the fleeting feeling that she felt when he said those words? Or, is it because of the shattering of happiness that she's feeling hearing the confession of a man whom she's growing fondness of only to find out that he's just kidding around? She sighed and slapped her forehead for thinking too much.
 
She looked at the man who had turned his look away from her. "You can go now. Have fun." she said telling Jong Kook that he can now have his one-day rest. Jong Kook looked back at her. He was about to say something, but she cut him with, "There's no need for you to tell me where you want to go. It's none of my business anyway." Jong Kook sighed hearing her sentence. He nodded at Ji Hyo and bowed a little. He turned around and opened the door to exit the room where his heart was able to confess, but was not able to do it successfully.
 
He went inside his own room to think about what's going on with him lately. He's so confused with what's he's feeling towards the woman whom she thinks has all the qualities that she's looking for. His thoughts were so plenty that he's thinking his head will blow up any minute. 'Is this attraction, infatuation, or maybe.. maybe.. love?' he asked, but scolded himself for being too mushy. When he was almost able to get an answer, he heard a loud knock of the door from the other room where Ji Hyo is staying. 
 
Due to curiousity, he sneaked a peek on who knocked at the room of the woman who's making him go crazy. He took a glance and saw a famous person in the hallway. 'What is that person doing here?' he asked to himself. Before he realizes it, he is now outside his room and making his way towards the woman's room. His actions made both Ji Hyo and Seung Hun surprised that the two of them even looked at each other. "I thought he's on a day off?" asked Seung Hun to Ji Hyo while looking at him. "I'm not." he told them.
 
Ji Hyo's eyes grew wider with his statement. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi -- " she was about to tell him something, but he cut her words. "I am a bodyguard. A bodyguard's job is to take care of the one he's guarding every second, every minute, every day, every time. It requires a bodyguard no time to rest. No day off is allowed for a bodyguard when he's up to do his task." he told them in a very serious face. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi -- " she called his name again, but he looked at Seung Hun and looked at her back, and said "I am your bodyguard. I will never go away from you."
 
Seung Hun looked at him intensely. "Mr. Kim Jong Kook-ssi -- " he called her while his hand is placed on his shoulder. His back is now facing Seung Hun's face when the latter moved closer to him. "Can you not try to meddle with other's businesses?" the famous actor asked him. He smiled at Seung Hun though it wasn't seen by the actor. "I'm not meddling with your business, Mr. Song Seung Hun. I am exactly doing my business. Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi's business is mine." he said as he turned around to face the actor's face. 
 
Seung Heun smirked at him and looked at Ji Hyo. "Shall we go?" asked Song Heun to his cousin. "I haven't packed my things yet." she told Seung Hun in a very apologetic tone. "Why?" he asked. "I went out to look for him." she answered honestly. Seung Hun's face turned dark. "Have you found him?" he asked. Ji Hyo shook her head. "I'll just pack my things. Please hang on a second." she said as she excused herself. Jong Kook followed Ji Hyo as she excused herself. "Where are we going?" Jong Kook asked emphasizing the word 'we' again. 
 
Ji Hyo faced him and asked, "What do you mean 'where are we going?'?" He smiled at her and said, "It's my duty." Ji Hyo looked at him. "You are not coming with me." she said while looking at his eyes. She turned her back at Jong Kook to where Jong Kook spoke, "You don't have any choice, but to let me stick around with you. It is my responsibilty. You are my responsibility." Ji Hyo looked at him without a reaction on her face and asked, "Do you just stick with me out of duty and responsibilty?" while getting her face a centimeter away from his face and continued with "Don't you have any feelings towards me at all?".