the day

The New Beginning

 

it's finally the day!
 
it's still early morning but everyone seemed busy. some people with formal suit kept walking around back and forth, checking everything. some lads simply stood in the corner and whispered each other, seeing the beautiful ladies around them.
 
"Jerk." jongin said when he came outside his room, wanting to see the preparation. he was nervous and wondering why his bestfriends hadn't showed up to give a support or be a very good friend.
 
And there, sehun-chanyeol-baekhyun-tao-chen-luhan were busy looking at the girls and totally forgot their first intention to come.
 
jongin crossed his arms and approached his friends, but none of them were realized about his presence. It's sehun, who accidentally glanced at his direction and froze. he quickly nudged the others and grinned at jongin.
 
"Wow our handsome groom!"sehun laughed nervously when he saw jongin's unamused look.
 
"What a very good friend." Jongin said in sarcasm.
 
"sorry. we're normal." sehun defended himself and others as well.
 
"Don't be a whiny since morning, buddy." Chanyeol embraced him. "Let your friends find a bride-to-be here."
 
"you can't use for him, hyung." Tao snorted. 
 
"we're about to see you, kkamjong."
 
"where are the others?" Jongin asked.
 
"Church." luhan answered. "They helped there, being an usher if i'm not mistaken.
 
"Hmm..duizhang, junmen-hyung, kyung hyung, minseok hyung, yixing-hyung. they choose the best people." Jongin commented.
 
"What did you say??" tao glared at him and hit his arms playfully, making them laughed.
 
"Okay kim jongin what are you doing here?" said someone behind him. Jongin turned his back and saw the best man, taemin, looking at him with unamused look.
 
"just talk to them." Jongin said.
 
"your preparation hasn't done yet. Go back to your room." He commanded. "And you guys can come in and continue your chat inside."
 
"Neeee.." They answered in chorus, making taemin chuckled.
 
"okay chop chop!" He said while pulled jongin's hand. jongin muttered some words, making taemin glared at him and stopping him right away.
 
"Sorry." he muttered.
 
"Are you nervous?" Taemin asked him.
 
"i feel sick." Jongin admitted.
 
"I've put a bucket in your room." He grinned. "Just in case."
 
"Thanks."
 
 
 
 
 
it's exactly minutes before the wedding started.
jongin, taemin, moonkyu had sat together at the back seat while exo's former manager helped them to drive a car. jongin kept sighing because he felt nervous. He's so thankful for taemin and moonkyu's presence because his best friends kept cheering on him and supporting him to make him less nervous.
 
20 minutes before it, and the car finally arrived in front of the church. moonkyu got off first and helped to open the door. taemin and jongin got off and three of them saw the big bell on the top of church.
 
"It's showtime." taemin joked while massaged jongin's shoulder. Jongin smiled weakly and she felt like throwing up.
 
"Taem..i feel sick." He admitted.
 
"Don't!!! You can't taint your tuxedo, man!" moonkyu shook his head.
 
"Relax, jongin..relax.." Taemin tapped his shoulder, making him more relax.
 
Jongin took a deep breath and when he seemed okay, moonkyu and taemin looked each other before pushing him to walk inside.
 
"be ready everyone, the handsome groom has arrived!" moonkyu joked. Taemin and moonkyu started to dance 'oppa oppa', making jongin chuckled a bit.
 
"Michin." He muttered.
 
when the door opened, they maintained their calm expression and walked through the aisle. Jongin could see the guest gasped in awe so he couldn't help but smirk, a proof that he looked awesome.
 
"Wipe that smirk away, buddy." Taemin hissed beside him while moonkyu bit his inner cheek to prevent himself from bursting into laughters.
 
"Sorry." Jongin lowered his head, hiding his laughter.
 
After Photographs were taken, they took their seats in the front right-hand pew. everyone sat again, waiting for the bride to come.
 
10 Minutes Before the wedding..
Bridesmaids and soojung’s mother finally arrived. Taemin and moonkyu stood and peeked at those beautiful bridesmaids, wanting to admire their beauty. jongin had to pull them for standing too long since Bridesmaids waited at the door.
 
5 Minutes Before..
Soojung’s mother was escorted to her seat by kris as an usher. Traditionally she's the last to be seated and it's a signal that the ceremony was about to start. 
 
Just inside the church, jessica arranged soojung’s veil. She kept saying that soojung looked pretty all the time. Not much different with jongin, soojung also felt nausea. She had waited for this day since god knew when. Soojung kept looking and touching her engagement ring on her right hand. She closed her eyes, remembering jongin's face to calm her down. And thankfully, that worked.
 
"It's about time." Jess said to her lovely sister.
 
"Are you ready?"
 
"more than ready." She smiled.
 
Attendants started to take up their positions. Jongin and taemin-moonkyu walked to Chancel steps, getting ready for the wedding. Jongin took a deep breath and whispered to himself.
"The story has just begun.."
 
a few minutes later (which felt like years for jongin, the church's door were opened again. his eyes widened when he saw his beautiful soojung walked down the aisle while held his father's arm. jongin knew that soojung always looked mesmerize. But today, he felt like falling in love again with her.
 
perfect wasn't enough to describe how beautiful she was at that time.
 
The attendants started to whisper and praised when soojung walked in. her beauty shined even more even when she's a twenty-something woman right now.
 
When they finally reached the chancel, her father kissed her temple and carefully gave her to jongin. jongin helped her and quickly whispered in her ear,"even more beautiful.."
 
soojung blushed naturally and she decided to look away, avoiding his gaze to control her uncontrolably heartbeat.
 
jongin stared at the beautiful bride and smiled happily. in other side, soojung also smiled and she felt butterflies in her stomaches, dancing and making her felt nausea. A good nausea.
 
"May the promises you make to one another be lived out to the end of your lives in an atmosphere of profoundest joy." the cleric started the wedding ceremony.
 
"Jongin and soojung welcome you, their family and friends. Each of you has given something of yourself into their lives.
It is fitting then that you share in this celebration of their commitment to each other and to their lives joined in 
marriage."
 
'here we go..' jongin thought a sec before his part.
 
"Do you jongin, choose to marry soojung? To speak the words that will join you with her as your wife for the rest of the 
days of your life?" The cleric asked.
 
Jongin glanced at soojung and smiled lovingly. "I do." He said with his husky voice.
 
The cleric turned to soojung, who tried hard to hold her tears because suddenly, he felt sentimental.
 
"Do you soojung, choose to marry jongin? To speak the words that will join you with him as your husband for the rest of 
the days of your life?"
 
Soojung took a deep breath and nodded. She glanced at jongin who gave her a question look then smiled. "I do."
 
The cleric smiled at those lovey-dovey and continued the ceremony.
 
"jongin, take soojung's right hand and repeat after me." He said then he started to say what jongin had to say.
 
Jongin nodded and repeated his words. He knew this words even before this wedding. He loves the words so much because it's meaningful for him.
 
Both of them were agree about added some parts to their wedding vow.
 
"soojung, I choose you to be my wife.
I promise freely from this day forward
To be worthy of your trust and deserving of your confidence;
To be generous with my time, my energy and my love;
To be patient with you and with myself,
To trust you;
To be devoted to you and our life together.
These things I pledge before you, our friends, and our family.
and i promise, i'll be your best friend like 17 years ago..
til death do is part."
 
soojung squeezed jongin's hand and she couldn't explain how she felt at that time. she choked up and so close to burst into tears.
 
The cleric continued."Soojung take jongin 's right hand and repeat after me." He said and did the same thing like before.
 
Soojung took a deep breath before saying her vow."Jongin, I choose you to be my husband.
I promise freely from this day forward
To be worthy of your trust and deserving of your confidence;
To be generous with my time, my energy and my love;
To be patient with you and with myself,
To trust you;
To be devoted to you and our life together.
These things I pledge before you, our friends, and our family.
And yes, i'll continue to be your best friend as well, loving you as much as 17 years ago..until death do us part." She flawlessly finished her vow without crying. She looked at hos eyes and she couldn't tell that jongin held up too.
 
The cleric looked satisfy. he continued it,"What pledge do you offer in symbol of these vows?"
 
"These rings"
 
"May these rings remind us well of our vows to each other." The cleric smiled again. "Jongin ,place the ring on soojung 's left  hand and repeat after me."
 
Jongin placed the ring on soojung's ring finger and rubbed it gently."Soojung, I give you this ring to wear upon your hand as a symbol of our unity, love, respect and trust."
 
"Jongin, I give you this ring to wear upon your hand as a symbol of our unity, love, respect and trust." Soojung continued after placing the ring on jongin's ring finger.
 
"jongin and soojung, you have exchanged vows and rings, and consented to marry in the presence of this company . I pronounce you husband and wife." The cleric announced, making the guests and families gave standing ovation and cheered for them happily.
 
"You may now kiss the bride." The cleric added. Without doubt, he approached her and ducked down, capturing her lips with the most lovingly way.
 
That's one of the best kisses they ever did.
 
"Now that the ceremony is over and the experience of living day by day is about to begin, go and meet it gladly.
It is my great pleasure to present to you this newly united couple, jongin and soojung. May we all continue to 
support and honor their union, I wish you all continued peace and joy." The cleric gave them a big smile and gave a light squeeze to their shoulder.
 
"hello, mrs. kim.." Jongin with a wide grin on his face.
 
"shut up, jongin." soojung blushed and hit his arms lightly, making jongin chuckled.
 
"This is my second happiest times of my life." soojung said.
 
"Second?" Jongin frowned. "What's first?"
 
"17 years ago..under the umbrella.." she smiled.
 
"our first encounter?" jongin frowned. "That's when we got to know each other, right?"
 
"Yes." Soojung nodded. "But that's the first time i felt like dying because my heart beat so fast because i walked with my crush, under the same umbrella."
 
"And that explains why you clutched onto your bag tightly whenever our shoulders touched." He chuckled. "Aww..poor soojung."
 
"Shut up, jongin." soojung hid her face with her palms, making jongin laughed even more.
 
and that's how their love story started a new chapter..
 
A new beginning for them, who refused to give up on their love and believe that there's always a chance for love if you wanna try!