The Day I Met You - Taemin's POV

I'm Glad I Met You [2Min ONESHOT]

Taemin's POV

 

I just knew my dad would do that. I just knew it.

 

Why couldn't he accept the fact that, unlike his other perfect son, I was gay. Why couldn't he just accept that? After years of wanting to tell him, I did it and yet what do I get in return for my bravery? A beating and kicked out of the house.

 

This was one of the times where I wished the ground would open up and swallow me whole. That way at least I wouldn't be out in this freezing cold, dehydrated and hungry.

 

Wrapping my, already soaked, scarf around me further, my knees started to feel like jelly underneath me. I had been walking for 2 hours straight not knowing where I was going, all I knew was that I was now in an isolated park, at 8 o’clock in the morning, according to my watch, which I wasn't sure was telling the right time or not.

 

Deciding to take a break, I walked over the the nearest tree and crouched down beside it, putting most of my weight on it. The cold was now getting to my whole body because of no movement. I pulled myself closer to my body and just hoped for the best. This was as close as I was going to get to relaxing and I wanted to make the best of it.

 

Resting my head between my knees, I couldn't take it any more. I finally let it all out. Bursting into tears, I started whimpering, due to the cold and my situation.

 

That was when I felt a presence beside me.

I just sat there as I felt this person looking at my horrible state and it just made me cry more. He was probably going to leave me here like the rest.

 

A gentle hand on my shoulder made me jump but I glanced up all the same. My tears were still falling but I was able to see this man clearly. His dark brown, slightly curly hair was dusted with small snow balls. For some reason the man was crying now, the tears rolling down his perfect looking skin and dripping onto his scarf. Dragging my eyes down further, I wished I was him. He was properly dressed for this weather unlike me. My whole body, except for my feet, was completely soaked and freezing. I was glad that I had actually put on my big winter boots before I was kicked out otherwise who knows what worse state I could be in now.

 

I whimpered when I suddenly felt one of his lovely warm hands caressing my cheek. I would have liked the warmth if it wasn't for the fact that I knew there was an obvious bruise on my cheek. I had gained from my father just before he kicked me out.

 

Slowly closing my eyes, I let more tears fall down my face as I tried to hide that horrible memory from my brain. As I failed to do so, the lovely warmth that was on my face, had now left. But before I had any time to think about what he could be doing, I felt my soaked scarf being taken off and being replaced by a warm, lovely smelling, dry one, that I was guessing was his.

 

Opening my eyes slowly, I looked deep into his own comforting pair and tried to find something to say. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing would come out. That's when I realised, what if this was all to just go away? What if he really didn't care about me and was just acting like he  did, just like everyone else I knew did? What if, when he realises that I'm gay, he just abandons me like the rest? Taking all these thoughts into account, I closed my mouth and turned away from him, curling myself even further into a ball.

 

I couldn't let him hurt me like the rest did. I would rather die out here in the cold than have to go through that again. Resting my head on my knees, I let my tears fall again. I really wished that I could trust this guy but I'm not too sure. He seems nice but I can't let myself get into something that I will regret.

 

Small soothing circles on my back, made all the horrible feelings go away and a small tug made my head fall against something lovely and warm. Realising it was his chest, I broke down. I couldn't handle it any more. No matter how much I wanted to shut my self away from this guy, no matter how much I didn't want this to happen, no matter how much I wanted to believe he would be like the rest, I couldn't do it. There was something about him and it made me break down.

 

Clinging tightly onto his jacket, I cried my heart out. I hated my dad for not understanding me, I hated my so called friends for abandoning me, I hated my brother for always up to my father but I didn't hate this guy. He seemed like he wouldn't leave me. This guy was comforting and for some strange reason, I liked it. No matter how many times I told myself I shouldn't and that this was a bad idea.

 

Two warm arms embraced me tightly and a chin was placed on the top of my head, while a hand massaged the small of my back.

 

After a while, I decided to pull back from his embrace. He allowed me but I still felt one hand wrapped around me and it made me feel safe. I was no longer crying and I was grateful for that but now I was feeling tired.

 

No matter how much I loved being in this man's embrace, I still had a horrible gut feeling that he was going to turn out like the rest. That's why I didn't think before what I said next. “T-Thank you. I-I'm sorry that I-I ruined y-your day.”

 

Don't be silly. If anything you made my day better.”

 

My heart warmed up when I heard his reply and I so wished that it was true. But it sunk again when I realised that this all could turn out horrible. Those were the exact same words that my dad used to say to me when I used to visit him at work and thinking of him brought back horrible memories.

 

Resuming back to my previous position, I started crying again. He could turn out just like my father and I did not want that to happen. “Y-You don't have to l-lie to me ajusshi. I-I'm used to being h-hated and being called a w-waste. G-Go back to your d-day and forget you met m-me.”

 

I didn't want to say those words but no matter how much I tried to stop myself from saying them, I couldn't. My brain took over, telling me that it was a bad idea but my heart was saying differently. Wanted to go with my heart but I didn't seem to be able to.

 

That's when I started to believe my brain. He was leaving. I could no longer feel his presence beside me and it made me cry harder. I needed his warmth. I needed him beside me.I needed him to comfort me and say that everything would be okay. But he was leaving me like the rest. Mumbling to myself I couldn't believe what was happening. “H-He's leaving just l-like everyone e-else.”

 

I hated him. I hated him for making me feel like this, I hated him for making me think that he was going to be there for me, I hated him for leaving me like everyone else did. I hated-

 

My thoughts and whimpering ceased when my hand was suddenly clasped in his. I flung my head up and looked into his eyes, my tears still streaming down my face. His eyes made me feel secure.

 

I won't leave you. You need some love and care and I will do that if you let me, even if it is just for the day, let me care for you. Please.” His words startled me but I loved them. He wasn't leaving me like I thought.

 

Standing up, I nodded , suddenly feeling a bit guilty for thinking that he would leave me like that. But I couldn't help it, after all the has happened, I had the right to feel insecure.

 

I failed  at walking because as soon as I attempted to, my legs gave way. Shocking me, he suddenly picked me up in his arms and held me. I wrapped my arms around his neck to stop myself from falling and smiled weakly at him when he smiled at me.

 

Just before sleep came over me, there was one thing that I had learned about myself.

 

I loved this man. I loved him for the way he made my heart fight against my brain, I loved him for not leaving me like the rest. I loved him for wanting to care and love for me like no-one had ever done before. It was final.

 

I loved him and I didn't even know him.

 

 


Hello guys :D I decided to do it in Taemin's POV just so you get to know about his character more. The next chapter will also be in his POV too. I'm not too sure how it turned out though. I hope you enjoyed it and feel free to comment :D