The Day I Met You

I'm Glad I Met You [2Min ONESHOT]

Minho's POV

 

It was a cold frosty morning when I met him. The sun was just rising up above the horizon and the small winter birds were singing their tunes. The newly laid snow crunched lightly under my feet as the trees, bare from their leaves, now had a new cover, the lightly falling snow. It was the prettiest winter morning that I had seen in a while and I just wanted to enjoy it.

 

I was walking casually through the snow, enjoying the slight massage I was getting on my head due to the freshly falling snow that was like small cotton balls landing on my head.

 

Just as I tipped my head back and stuck my tongue out to catch a snowflake on my tongue, I heard a whimper. Thinking it was just my imagination, I ignored it and carried on walking. That was until I heard it again. That same small, innocent whimper.

 

Looking around I finally spotted a small, curled up figure sat behind a tree, shivering like a leaf. I walked up slowly, scared that I might frighten him, and crouched slowly down beside him. He looked like a lost puppy and it brought tears to my eyes.

 

Before I decided to make any sudden movements, I looked him over. He had slightly long, lightly brown hair that covered most of his face and was dripping wet. It was a shame because his skin looked so soft and he was covering what I wanted to see the most, his eyes. I like looking into people eyes because I can tell a persons true nature just by the gleam or shimmer in their eyes.

 

The boy looked no more than probably 19 years old as he had that sort of innocent and vulnerable look to him. It also had to do with the fact that his little hunched over figure made him look smaller than he was. The small black jacket that he was wearing was completely soaked, as was the scarf that draped around his neck. His trousers were drenched, just like his jacket, and clinging tightly only his small legs. The only bit of his body that actually looked warm where his feet considering they were actually in some decent boots.

 

I lightly placed my hand on his shoulder, being careful not to scare him. He jumped slightly but glanced up a little to look at my face. Finally getting a proper look at his face, the tears that had welled up now started falling.

 

The young boys face was covered in tear stains, slowly getting replaced by the new tears that were falling from his eyes. His beautiful brown eyes. I slowly dragged my eyes to look at the rest of his face and gasped when I noticed a large purple bruise forming on his cheek bone. His lips were blue from the cold and quivering.

 

Slowly, I lifted my hand up towards his bruised cheek and gently massaged where the bruise was. I took my hand away when I heard him whimper and he closed his eyes, more tears trickling down his beautiful face. Instead, I used that hand to take off my own scarf and wrap it gently around his neck, gently removing his own, soaked one.

 

His eyes fluttered open and he looked into my eyes. His lips started moving as if he was about to say something but then stopped. He turned his face away and curled even further into a ball, resting his head in between his knees. I gently rested my hand on his back and rubbed my hand in small circles.

 

Carefully wrapping that arm around him, I sat myself down on the ground and pulled him so his head was resting on my chest. At first I thought he was going to pull away but, to my surprise, he clung to my jacket and cried harder than before.

 

I wrapped both my arms around him and rested my chin on the top of his head, hushing him softly while massaging the small of his back.

 

We must have been like that for a good 15 minutes before he stirred and started pushing back from my embrace. I allowed him but kept one arm wrapped around him. I didn't bother asking any questions, instead I just waited for him speak up first.

 

His body was still shaking and his lips were still blue but the tears that were once falling were now held back. I could see properly into his gleaming brown eyes and my tears started welling up again. I couldn't stand seeing this young boy in pain and I didn't even know him.

 

I was shocked when I heard him speak. His angel like voice massaging my ears and clearing my head.

 

T-Thank you. I-I'm sorry that I-I ruined y-your day.” He said lightly as he kept his head down.

 

Don't be silly. If anything you made my day better.” I replied willing the tears to stay back. This boy really was in pain and I wanted to help him. I would do anything to help him.

 

He just turned his body away and resumed his position I first saw him in before saying,“Y-You don't have to l-lie to me ajusshi. I-I'm used to being h-hated and being called a w-waste. G-Go back to your d-day and forget you met m-me.”

 

I could hear him crying, no matter how hard he tried to hide it I could hear him. Slowly I lifted myself off the ground, not ready to leave yet.

 

He must have thought I was leaving as he cried harder and mumbled to himself, “H-He's leaving just l-like everyone e-else.”

 

When I reached my hand down and clasped his in mine, his whimpering stopped and his head flew up to look at me, the tears still falling out of his eyes.

 

I won't leave you. You need some love and care. I will do that if you let me, even if it is just for the day, let me care for you. Please.” I pleaded looking deep into his eyes.

 

I wanted to love and care for this boy. I had no idea why but something deep inside me made me want to.

 

Instead of answering he just stood up and nodded, his eyes never leaving mine. He attempted walking but almost fell over. Shocking him, I picked him up in my arms and cradled him, his hands slinging round my shoulders.

 

I smiled weakly at him, receiving a small smile back, before slowly walking back towards my house. I don't know why I was doing this, I'd only just met him. I don't know why I cared so much for this boy, I didn't even know his name. I don't know why he trusted me so much, he didn't even know my name.

 

But what I do know is that I wanted to love and care for him as long as he'd let me.

 

 


Hello. Here it is.

 

If you want me to, I could maybe do another couple chapters ??

 

Please comment, I accept all.