Act 3 Part 2

Swan Lake


Seungho had wondered how did Changhyun think he was going to trick him when he had eyes everywhere. He had seen the young prince dancing with Changhyun, had seen the looks in their eyes and knew he would finally have his opportunity to have his kingdom. Unlike his swan, he kept up with all news from different kingdoms, and knew about Prince Jonghyun’s ball. He knew that Jonghyun would have to choose someone to spend his future with and Seungho was going to ruin him. He watched Chanhee and Changhyun interact as Chanhee fed Changhyun his dinner, a bowl of gruel. He knew those two were too close for his taste but he didn't do anything since neither had enough power to go against him. It would be satisfying to watch Changhyun's heart break when he forced Chanhee to take his spot at the ball.

He went into his workshop, papers and potions strewn all over. He needed to enchant an object so Chanhee could change into Changhyun but what would he use? A broach? He had none. A bracelet? Chanhee could take off too easy and ruin his plan. No, he needed something that Seungho could put on him and obvious if he tried to take it off. Seungho smirked as he pulled out a dingy silver necklace from his cupboard. He briefly frowned at it, remembering when he had given this necklace to Chundoong. He had wore in so proudly until Lee Joon had given him a better one and Chundoong had returned it to him. Sorry Seungho. Such bitter words would work in fueling his anger. 

He threw the necklace into a cauldron, with more force than he intended. He yanked a nearby bottle off his work counter, pouring most of it into the cauldron. Unicorn blood would make the illusion strong and ethereal. Nobody would be able to resist Chanhee, certainly not Prince Jonghyun. He tipped in a tulip, finely shredded. It would make Chanhee's words sweet and unyielding, nobody would notice the meaningful words that could save him. Lastly he added a small chunk of plastic, which would symbolize a barrier, one that would make sure nobody asked Chanhee any personal questions. In short, Chanhee would only attracts looks and glances from others and none would come to him. Only Prince Jonghyun could come and talk to him. 

He forced the cauldron to boil, letting the necklace soak up the potion. He turned to his work desk, pulling out a chunk of gold he had been saving. He had planned to use the gold to make a weeding ring for Chundoong but his plans never came to fruition. He threw the chunk into the cauldron, knowing the necklace would now look beautiful and gleaming to everyone who laid their eyes on it. Seungho looked outside, knowing it was almost time to surprise Changhyun. He had the rope and cage ready, planning to tie Changhyun up while he was still a swan and suspend him over a crocodile infested lake. He would leave nothing to chance in order to get what he deserved. 

Seungho plunged his hand into the boiling liquid, magic coating his hand. He was getting impatient since the ball was suppose to start soon. He knew that Changhyun had been given clothes by his beloved Prince so Seungho would have to enchant them so Chanhee would struggle even less. He looked at the golden necklace in his hand and scowled, a small part inside of him wishing he didn't have to do this, wishing he had Chundoong. But he didn't and he couldn't stop even if he wanted to. That was the price for selling his soul for power, a neverending struggle for a kingdom. He snapped his fingers, dressing himself in dark maroon pants and a slightly lighter shirt. He grabbed his staff, tapping it against the floor, transforming it into a ring. 

Seungho left the room, intent on capturing Changhyun. He knew that Chanhee would be in the kitchen, washing the only dishes they had since he finished feeding Changhyun. He moved quietly through the trees, wandering where Changhyun hid his clothes. Probably in the trees, somewhere Changhyun could easily get to, in and out of swan form. He swirled his ring finger, making a small shadow. “Find the hidden clothes my shadow and bring them to me.” He whispered. 

The shadow disappeared as Seungho moved to watch Changhyun look up at the moon, smirk forming. Changhyun would be devastated to know that he would stay in his swan form tonight, since the moon wasn't going to be up in the sky. God he was going to love the devastated look on his face, the realization that he wouldn't be able to be in the arms of his prince, especially when he finds out Seungho was going to tie him up. 

Changhyun made quite the picture, a gorgeous white swan on a clear blue lake. It was such a pity that Seungho didn't feel a shred of guilt for him or Chanhee. He brought his fingers to his lips and whistled, loud and clear. He waited until Changhyun looked at him before he spoke, ready to burst Changhyun's bubble.

“Waiting for the moon to come out so you could go to your prince's ball? I'm sure he's waiting for you.”

He could see the surprise in Changhyun's eyes, making his chuckle with a dark satisfaction. “What? You didn't think I knew? You thought you could pull the wool over my eyes when I have eyes everywhere? Do you think I'm so stupid to not notice the letters and that young man coming to deliver them?”

Seungho knew he had Changhyun (and Chanhee) trapped. He stepped forward, readying his hands to catch Changhyun. He moved slowly so Changhyun wouldn't fly away, not that would have made a difference. “How is the young prince? Desperately waiting to make that vow of everlasting love and hoping he could save you?”

Changhyun swam away from Seungho, determined to avoid him. He wished he could talk but he was just a simply swan. Seungho heard footsteps and glanced to see Chanhee, his face devoid of emotion. “Ah Chanhee, Changhyun and I were just talking about his beloved prince. Don't you think it's so funny that the moon isn't going to come out tonight?”

Chanhee looked up at the sky, his face confused. “The moon isn't going to come out tonight?” 

Seungho smirked at Changhyun, missing the panicked look on Chanhee's face. “Tonight is a new moon, where the moon is hidden from the world. Splendid isn't it?” He chuckled and lunged at Changhyun, finally being close enough to touch him. Changhyun struggled, his wings hurting under Seungho's clenching fingers. “Now now Changhyun, don't struggle. I just have to put you in your cage for tonight while I go and get my kingdom.” 

Seungho ignored Changhyun's squeals of protest as he brought him into his tower, where he would be forever since Seungho had no plans of coming back. He tied up Changhyun and shoved into into the slightly small cage, moving Changhyun to dangle over the crocodiles. It would have been satisfying to feed Changhyun to his precious animals but it was too easy and Seungho wanted him to suffer, to starve to death while knowing he couldn't save his prince. He didn't look back, ignoring Chanhee as he searched for his shadow. He wanted those clothes now and as soon as he held out his hand, his shadow returned with shimmery clothes, ones that Seungho knew would look amazing on Changhyun. He turned back to his tower, calling out to Chanhee. “Chanhee come here, it's time.” 

Time to take what was rightfully his. Chanhee came out of the tower and Seungho held out the necklace. Chanhee looked at it, his face looking like he was going to rebel and reject it. Seungho knew he would have to play dirty. “I see that look on your face Chanhee, don't think of rejecting me, not when I can crush that young man who delivered Changhyun those letters.” 

He smirked at Chanhee's pursed lips, “Yes, I saw those looks you gave him when you though he wasn't looking. I know that you like him and it would be a shame if he ended up bleeding to death somewhere when he could be yours. Just take the necklace and I'll give him to you.” 

Chanhee swallowed his tears. He didn't want to help Seungho but he didn't want Byunghyun to die. It was his fault that he allowed himself to fall in love with that beautiful eye smile and soft voice. Sure he didn't show himself when he came to give Changhyun letters but it didn't matter to Seungho. Even if Byunghyun didn't like him, Seungho would still use him against Chanhee. It wasn't fair, what had he done to deserve this? He took the necklace from Seungho, feeling hopeless. How could he save anyone when he didn't have any powers? Chanhee hesitated as he put on the necklace, an idea coming to his head. Maybe he could steal a moment to warn Jonghyun and tell him about Seungho's plans. The necklace gave off a golden glow, white swirls and sparkles covering Chanhee's body as he changed into Changhyun. 

Seungho hummed, eyeing Chanhee. “You'll do. Stay close to me and don't wonder. If you disobey me, I'll have to punish you.” He turned around, his hand rubbing the ring on his hand. Seungho's eyes turned a bright red briefly but he didn't feel anything as they made their way to the castle, avoiding wandering eyes. He had to create a carriage and enchant the guards so that they announced Seungho and Chanhee without inciting suspicion. Of course having even a fake Changhyun appear would be cause for everyone to talk and spread rumors but Seungho had his story. He was a traveling merchant who had found Changhyun without his memories and took very good care of him until his memories suddenly came back. Changhyun then met Jonghyun and they fell in love, using this ball to reintroduce him to the court. It was a good story and one that would quench the thirst of the nobles, even if it was for a couple of hours. 

Seungho eyed Chanhee, not liking the silence around them but unable to do anything about it. He wanted to taunt Chanhee about falling in love with the wrong person. Seungho wanted to brag about how he stole Chanhee from his actual parents, a young rich couple who Seungho had met on his dark days when Chundoong had discarded him. He, too, would discard Chanhee when he was no longer of use. 

The black carriage made it to the castle, Seungho weaving his magic in the air with ease. He knew that having no invitation wouldn't matter as he and Chanhee walked up the stairs, it was time for the party to begin. 

 


A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I haven't been into Tenn Top lately. I'm more hyped up for the BAP Dallas concert and the SHIINee Dallas concert that are coming up. But I found where this chapter was going because let me tell you, I couldn't figure out how to start it until now. Things are about to pick up in a chapter or two so be on the look out. If anyone finds any inconsistancies, just message me and I'll change them. Thanks for waiting and reading!