Act 5

Swan Lake


Hope came to him in the form of a gentle wind, one that caressed his cheeks before wrapping him in an invisible cloak of love and magic. It made Changhyun feel warm and wonderful inside, something that only Jonghyun could cause as of recently. Then the cage around his trembled, growing slowly bigger until he had enough room to move around. It was such a relief even though the chains around him chaffed his little avian body but even the as the cage stopped moving, his chains did. It was surprising to see his chains crumble into dust but it wasn't as surprising as his body glowing, changing back without the power of the moon. 

Changhyun sobbed in happiness, “He did it. He did it.” He knew Jonghyun's vow had worked and now he was free. Seungho didn't have a hold on him anymore and Jonghyun really needed to hurry up before Seungho came back to curse him again. The wind died down as his body calmed from his transformation, a small amount of fatigue making him lean against the side of the cage. His hands massaged his sore arms, wincing from how painful the marks the chains left. His arms, thankfully, weren't bruised too badly and his legs weren't too bad off either. 

He stretched his body as best as he could, his knees aching. He wondered what time it was since it was still very dark out. Changhyun hoped that Jonghyun was close by because the loud roars that suddenly came out of nowhere, were not a good sign at all. Changhyun bit his lip, knowing that Seungho was on his way. “.” He tested the lock on the cage, frowning as he found the lock very sturdy unlike the chains that turned into dust. 

The wind turned fierce unlike the winds from before, a large dark figure landing in from of his cage. The large dragon blew a long line of green fire right above Changhyun's head before flapping his wings, quickly turning back into Seungho. “Hello little swan, well not so little swan anymore. Happy to know your prince made his vow?”

Changhyun bared his teeth, his hands in fists. “Are you angry that you lost? You know he's going to destroy you and win like the prince he is.” 

Seungho growled, his staff hitting the ground. “If you think I don't have one last plan up my sleeve, you've got another thing coming little swan. You forget that you're still in a cage even if Magic herself broke my chains.” 

Seungho raised his hand, his eyes furrowing in concentration as he levitated Changhyun's cage. He smirked as he jerked the cage around, making Changhyun hit the sides of the cage. “Does that hurt little swan?” He made the cage hove the lake, the one made from tears. “Are you thirsty? Here have a little drink.” 

And as Jonghyun arrived, bow drawn, the cage holding Changhyun fell straight into the lake. Jonghyun watched as Changhyun screamed, his mind blank except for the fact he had to save Changhyun. He turned to Seungho, who smirked and raised his staff. “ Do you really think you can stop me and save your little swan? I'm sure he doesn't have more than a couple of minutes until he runs out of breath.”

Jonghyun growled, putting away his bow and drawing his sword, running to clash against Seungho and his staff. His eyes made contact with the empty black holes that Seungho called eyes. “I know I will, especially when everyone is on my side.”  Seungho threw Jonghyun back, shaking his head. 

“You will never have the power I do. Watch.” 

Seungho impaled himself with his staff, making Jonghyun gape as Seungho’s body seemed to absorb the staff, making the head of the staff (which was a big red ruby) his heart. The rest of the staff seemed to become branches and spread throughout Seungho’s body. Jonghyun subtly stepped away, this was almost too much. The books he had read never prepared him for this. And as if to answer his thoughts, Seungho’s body bent forwards and a loud ripping sound was made. A pair of demonic looking wings bursted out in a flurry of blood and skin before flapping intensely. Seungho’s head snapped forward and Jonghyun was able to see that Seungho’s eyes were half black and half red, a daunting combination. Seungho let out a puff of air before talking. “Do you still think you can defeat me?”

Jonghyun flinched; Seungho’s voice saturated the air around them with darkness. He honestly couldn’t believe what was going on. But it didn't matter as Seungho took flight, his eyes on Jonghyun. But 
Jonghyun couldn't hear Seungho's roars over the pounding of his heart as he knew Changhyun was losing air. He sheathed his sword, grabbing his bow and he started letting arrows fly. Most of the arrows hit Seungho's wings and were deflected but one arrow, one that seemed to glow a small bit, flew towards Seungho. He couldn’t keep his eyes off the big red ruby on his chest as it shattered, releasing swirls of green and black mist that surrounded Seungho. 

Jonghyun gasped for breath as the air around him turned harsh and heavy. He ignored Seungho's cries of indignation as he all but jumped into the lake, his eyes squinting as he swam towards Changhyun with a small knife in hand. He found the cage, his hands patting around for the lock as he used one hand to pull the cage towards himself. Jonghyun, as best he could, broke the lock and pulled a limp Changhyun up to the surface where he watched as the air turned into shadowy chains and started tightening up around Seungho. The earth began to shake and starting from Seungho’s feet, he began to turn into dust. 

“No! No! No! This wasn’t how it was suppose to go! I was suppose to rule!!!” Seungho’s eyes found Jonghyun. “You pathetic creature! I’ll find a way to come back! I will kill you and your stupid lover!”

Jonghyun smirked and spit in Seungho’s direction. “Go ahead and try. I’ll just defeat you again and again.” Seungho opened his mouth to roar at Jonghyun but couldn’t make a sound. Jonghyun held onto Changhyun as the wind and the earth stilled and Seungho completely turned into dust. Jonghyun patted on Changhyun's back as he coughed out all the water he had swallowed, his eyes fluttering. “Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun smiled, kissing Changhyun's head as he swam them back to shore. “Hey there, you ok?” Changhyun smiled, hugging Jonghyun as they laid on the shore. “I'm doing good. What happened to Seungho? Did you win?” 

Jonghyun leaned down to touch his forehead to Changhyun's, sighing in relief and happiness. “Yeah we did.”