Soon

Love Blossom

 

          Basically, being in Korea was your birthday celebration, but knowing your parents, they took this opportunity for their business.

          The next day, your parents have a meeting with their Korean business partner in Gwangju. They left early in the morning. They will be back the day after tomorrow, on the eve of your birthday. So now, you were left alone, in Seoul, a foreign country. It wouldn’t be that bad? Right?

          You called up your friend Ji-hye reminding her that you would meet up today.

          “Ok. Gwanghwamun Square. 6:30PM.” She said before hanging up.

          I guess I’m off to discover Seoul myself. I don’t want to waste my time.  You took a bath and dressed up. Hmm. I guess jeans and a polo blouse with sleeveless underneath would be fine. You rushed outside excitedly. Where should I go first?

          Oh, I almost forgot!  You went to the nearest GS25 store, luckily there is, bought a T-Money card* and loaded it with some. You then took the subway to Myeongdong.

 


 

 

          It was spring. The weather is so nice, cold yet sunny. Not like in the Philippines, hot, now that it’s summer there. Suddenly, you remembered Luhan. So this was where Luhan was recruited, huh, Myeongdong.

          You went some shopping, window shopping to be exact. Prices were much higher than in the Philippines. You thought the underground mall in Myeongdong was heaven. Cheap K-Pop albums where sold there, well, cheaper than those outside on the ‘upper ground’. You bought a few.

          Time passes by so quickly. And when you look at your watch, it is 6:23PM. Fudge. I need to go to Gwanghwamun now.

          You got off at City Hall station. Amazed by the mountain beneath the city, you walked towards Gwanghwamun Square and Gwanghwamun Palace. According to the internet, I can walk from here. But gosh, it’s quite far.

          6:51PM. You met with Ji-Hye.

          “Why are you so late? We need to go somewhere!”

          “Sorry! I’m not from here you know. Chill, I’m here now. Why are you such in a rush? Where are we going anyway?”

          “Hottracks! EXO album signing! NOW!”

          “Hottracks? Where is th... wait. EXO?”

          “YES! Now, let’s go!” She exclaimed.

          So I get to see Luhan again? Will he remember me?

 


 

 

          Long line awaits you to this Hottracks CD store. Girls were screaming in excitement. But there you were, nervous and confused. What if he recognizes me? What will I do? What will I say? Never. You snapped. He would never recognize me. Our meeting was just so quick. But deep inside, you want him to recognize you.

 

          “Oh! KTX girl!” He mumbled, almost inaudible but loud enough for you and the members to hear. EXO members glanced at you. You were surprised. He recognized me. You stared at him blankly. Words won’t come out.

          “So what’s your name?” He said in English.

          “Stephanie.”

          “S-te-fa-ny?” He said confused.

          “S-T…” You started spelling. He could not hear. He gestured you to come closer.

          “S-T-E-P-H-A-N-I-E” You said while staring at Luhan who is literally a few centimeters away. He looks so gorgeous.

          “You arrived, no problems?” He looked up. You stepped back, startled.

          You nodded. Cute, he still tries to speak English.

          “Good!” He replied with his angelic smile.

          What are you waiting for Stephanie, say something!

          “T-thank you. For yesterday and today.” You stuttered, maybe because you’re speaking in Korean, or maybe because you’re nervous in front of him. I think it’s the latter.

          “Hope to see you again soon!” He smiled wider.

          Soon? You smiled. I hope so too.