That snowy day

That snowy day

It was snowing again. God, I used to love snow, now it brings me painful memories. All because of you.

I'll never forget the day we met. It was a sunny Saturday. Your dog got away from you at the park that spring day. It ran up to me and started barking. You came running to me. That's when I fell in love with you.

"Oh gosh, sorry. My hold wasn't strong enough", you said. Your voice was beautiful.

"It's ok", I said.

"I'm Dahyun by the way, Kim Dahyun", you said when you got your dog back to it's leash. I remember I thought that Dahyun was such a weird name for a girl.

"Choi Hansol, nice to meet you"

That's where our friendship begun. We chatted a little and I found out that you and your family just moved to Seoul from L.A and you were starting school next week in my class. I was so happy. We exchanged numbers and I promised to call you next Monday and show you around the school.

We became close friends, but that wasn't actually what I wanted. I decided that it was better to be friends with you than scare you away if I told you about my feelings for you.

Summer came and we were happy that we got holidays and we were together the whole summer. All the days at the beach and nights at my house watching horror movies were like heaven to me. I never was into horror movies, but you loved them. We always ended up falling asleep together on my bed, because there was no way I would want to sleep alone after those awful movies. I fell in love with you even more, if that was even possible anymore.

All my friends, especially Jisoo often said that you and I should date. I always blushed madly and you either laughed, or you just were silent. I was just a fool in an one-sided love.

Summer passed by and school started again. Us being closer than ever. My parents loved you a lot, sometimes I thought that they loved you more than me!

The fall started to become colder. Winter was coming. You became weird and distant. Many times I would ask what's wrong, but always you'd say "Nothing's wrong", or some sort. You called me that one winter evening.

"Hansol, can you come to the rocks? I have to tell you something", you said to the phone. I swear you sounded like you were in the verge of tears.

"What? Why? It's already 10 PM, can't it wait for tomorrow?" I responded even though I did want to see you.

"No it can't! Just come, please", you pleaded.

"Ok then, I'll see you there in ten", I said and hung up. I went downstairs, my mom and dad were watching some drama on tv.

"I'm going outside for a bit, Da called me" I said to them.

"DaHyun? Fine, be back soon, honey, it's already late", my mom agreed

To the rocks. To the place you and I claimed ours last August. We spent lot of our time there, studying, eating, talking, everything. A faint smile was on my lips when I got to the rocks. My smile dropped when I noticed that you were crying. You ran to me and hugged me, tight. It always gave me butterflys in my stomach.

"Woah, Da, what's wrong?" I asked worried, while you were burying your face into my chest, still crying. It hurt me so much to see you cry.

"I'm so sorry", you whispered.

"What are you saying sorry for? You haven't done anything wrong." I said hugging you closer

You looked at me and before I could even say anything, you kissed me. On the lips. My eyes went wide, but in a few seconds, I started to kiss back. It was the best feeling I have ever experienced in my whole life. But as quickly it started, the kiss came to an end. We were still hugging each other and just stood there for a few minutes.

"I'm sorry Hansol. I really am. I love you so much. Please forgive me", you sobbed.

My heartbeat just got ten times quicker and I blushed 'Did she just say that she loves me?', I thought and I swear, I looked like tomato.

"W-what are you a-apologizing for? Tell me Da, please", I pleaded. I was so confused.

You said once again that you were sorry and we'll talk about it tomorrow at school. After that, you left me in the snow. 'I didn't even get the chance to say that I love her too', I thought. After 10 minutes just standing there, It started to snow. I started to walk home in despair. I couldn't sleep at all that night.

Next morning when I went to school, you weren't there. I panicked and skipped the rest of the day and went to your place. It was empty. I saw a note hanging on the door. It had my name written on it. 'Da's handwriting', I thought. I opened the note and it read:

"Hansol, it's me, Da. I know, you just came from school after not seeing me there, right? Well, the thing I had to tell you yesterday was that I can't be around you no more. I really didn't have the heart to say it to your face. I was diagnosed brain cancer and I have to move back to L.A. Mom said that I have plenty of years to live, but I can see in her eyes that she's lying. I'm really sorry Hansol. But I really meant everything what I said yesterday. I love you more than you could ever imagine. Please forgive me.

Forever yours, Da"

Everything hit me right there. You lied to me. This is why you were so weird and distant these months. I fell down on my knees and cried. After 5 minutes I ran to JiSoo's and told him everything, about me loving you and about the note you left me. He comforted me and I just sat there, crying.

It has been a year now, I'm still not over you. I looked outside once again to see the snow, and went to sleep. The last thing I saw before falling asleep, was your breathtakingly beautiful face.

 

 

[A/N]

Finished! Don't mind my English, it's not my first language so.... yeah.

Please comment, I want to know how I did ^^