Jealousy

Jealousy

AN: Hi guys :3 Yup, here it is xD


Kwon Jiyong never really had any luck in love. Especially, not after Park Mina had rejected him. It was back in university, quite a few years ago, but the image of humiliation was still imprinted into Jiyong's mind. Why, you might ask. She just said no and that's all.

Well, not really.

The two of them had been friends for a while when the boy - who was still a tiny bit shorter, dark-haired and, of course, shy at that time had finally mustered the courage to ask her out.

In his eyes, Mina was pure perfection. Long, brown hair, beautiful, almost doe-like eyes that seemingly always shone with happiness, and, of course, a nice body. Many people liked her, or at least acknowledged the fact that indeed, she was quite pretty, but to Jiyong, she wasn't just pretty. She was drop dead gorgeous, or something even more beautiful. Like an angel, maybe.

But this angel wasn't as innocent and sweet as she looked. Well hidden behind her cute smiles, her gleaming eyes, she was different. Very different.

Of course, her little facade was able to fool almost everyone. She was the kind, innocent girl with an almost unnaturally adorable smile... or at least that's what they thought.

Jiyong too, had fallen for her act. God, how much he used to love her, to want her, and not only in a dirty way.

But she had played with him as if he was just a toy, a cheap one she could throw away easily after she had got bored of him. Of course, at that time he had no idea of her little plans.

He had no idea of how she was going to break his heart, shatter it into tiny pieces, in front of everyone. They were in one of the lectures when it had happened... When he asked her to be his.

And her only response was an almost sinister laugh, her eyes for once not shining happily but with disgust. Everyone was staring at them, some of whom were already quite aware of what was going on.

"With you?" She asked. Jiyong could still remember the mocking tone of her high-pitched voice. "You?" And she laughed... she laughed until the boy that was staring at her with empty, dark eyes ran out of the classroom, his hands shaking.

He had learnt his lesson though... The now platinum-blonde haired, quite popular male had never confessed to anyone again. Actually, he even tried to avoid having the tiniest of crushes on anyone. He had his heart broken once; he didn't need the past to repeat itself.

But years later, when the scars on his heart had finally healed somewhat, she came back.

"Oppa~!" The blonde was shaken out of his thoughts by the unnaturally high-pitched voice of her. Despite the many years that had passed, she hadn't changed one bit. She was still beautiful, of course, but Jiyong didn't care. It's not like this was the first time they had met, either. She had been back in town for a week or so, and she would somehow always manage to find out when he was at his favorite cafe. Just like this time.

"Hi." Jiyong muttered before turning away from the young woman that was looking at him with almost crazed eyes. He had changed. A lot. And she wanted him very much.

"So, how have you been, oppa?" She asked, annoyingly pushing her sickly-sweet scented face into the male's who couldn't help but gag inwardly.

"Fine." He muttered and tried to scoot away with his chair, gulping audibly when he realized that he couldn't. "Great." He rolled his eyes inwardly the very moment his chair hit the cream-colored wall that was decorated with cute, small paintings, weird, ring-like things and even a couple of napkins folded nicely. It was an unusual place, that's for sure, but until Mina came back, Jiyong had loved coming here.

Suddenly, the blonde's phone went off. An annoyed sigh left his lips as he struggled to search for it without brushing his hand over the woman's--who had got much closer to him now, their knees almost touching--leg.

The moment he got it, he smirked triumphantly and picked the phone up with a wide smile, his heart rate picking up when he noticed who was calling him.

"Hi hyung!"He chirped cutely, voice a little higher than usual. He didn't care though, because this was Seunghyun.

Choi Seunghyun was Jiyong's cousin from his mother's side, and since their mothers had always been pretty close, they practically grew up together.

It was him that had soothed the younger when his heart was broken, when people would chuckle when they passed him, seeing how miserable he looked after everything he had gone through.

And of course--secretly, because of this, even the younger had no idea--he had been the one to threaten Mina with harsh, cold words, a disgusted look in his dark, bottomless eyes. And well... after a few times of him witnessing the cruel taunting of the younger, they suddenly ceased. Just like that.

One day Jiyong had been given evil tears, rude snickers following him everywhere he went, the next no one even dared to look at him.

Well, Seunghyun had always been pretty... protective.

"Hi Ji, are you free?" The older male asked, his voice, as usual deep and soothing, especially, after Mina's not so nice, high-pitched tone.

"Yeah, I'm not at home though." The blonde answered with a wide smile, a dreamy look in his eyes. Well yeah, maybe they were cousins and all, but he had always sort of admired the elder.

"At the usual place, huh?" Seunghyun chuckled. Jiyong had always been so predictable it was almost cute. Okay, so actually it was pretty cute, but what wasn't when it was about Jiyong? His hair, always just a little bit messy and just long enough to be ruffled so it would look like a rat's nest, his wide, doe-like eyes that were usually gleaming happily, his pink, bow-shaped lips. He was cute, adorable and every synonym of said words.

"How did you know?" Jiyong giggled a little into the phone, totally ignoring the brunette that was looking at him with unmistakable want in her dark eyes. She wanted him because he wasn't hers.

Years back, when she actually turned him down, she would have never guessed that he would get over her. She was gorgeous, kind, and of course, rich. How on Earth could someone ever forget her?

So now, as she sat next to the happily chatting man, glaring in disgust at the delighted expression on his face because it wasn't because of her, she felt disappointed.

"Oppa~!" She mumbled, batting her eyelashes at the male who was obviously caught up in the conversation. She didn't like how he didn't seem to care about her anymore, which pretty much meant that she wasn't going to back down until he was hers and hers alone.

"Oppa? Why aren't you listening to me?" She asked, rolling her eyes when she got no answer. Jiyong seemed to be paying so much attention to this 'hyung' of his that he didn't even notice Mina leaning close to him, her lips brushing his cheeks. "Oppa~!" She breathed, hoping that the man would take notice of her finally.

Jiyong felt the woman's lips against his cheek and cringed a little inwardly. He had to admit that the familiar closeness of the petite body, the warm puffs of air leaving her lips hitting his cheek, the warm eyes, made his heart beat rapidly. Even if he found her sort of annoying, she was still gorgeous.

And... it was still her.

"Ji, are you even listening?" Seunghyun snapped, his voice radiating anger--and what the blonde didn't notice, jealousy.

"Yeah, sorry, I just met an old... friend, hyung..." Jiyong muttered, scooting away from Mina. The woman though, seeing a faint streak of pink on her oppa's cheek, didn't let him, just leant in closer. She could see how nervous he was, but her sharp eyes noticed that he still wasn't neutral towards her. It was good, really good, because he was hers.

Jiyong had to get out of the cafe. Mina's lips on his cheek as she leant in closer and closer, her touch, her closeness, everything, had ignited a flame in his chest, one he wanted to forget badly. Plus, he was talking to Seunghyun who obviously wasn't in a good mood.

Biting into his lower lip, he gently pushed Mina away and stood up, bowing awkwardly to her. "Sorry, Mina-sshi, but I have to go." He muttered as he stood up and walked off, leaving the brunette staring at him with wide eyes filled fury.

Jiyong walked to his car in the small parking lot that belonged to the cafe, his heart still racing as he recalled his little meeting with his past love. He decided to visit his cousin as he knew that the elder was a little mad at him for not really answering. Of course, it wasn't completely his fault that he had been distracted, but it didn't mean that he couldn't feel a little guilty.

Plus, he did say that he wasn't busy which pretty much counted as a little lie as he was kind of busy-- because of Mina.

Jiyong didn't want to lie to himself and say that he was completely over the angelic girl. No, he knew all too well that he wasn't. But it didn't mean that he didn't hate her in a sense. Of course he did... He just...liked her, too.

"Oppa, let me go with you!" The pale blonde was stopped by the petite woman practically jumping on his back, wrapping her arms around his torso.

She smirked when she felt Jiyong tense. "Mission accomplished." She giggled to herself inwardly. Jiyong sighed and shook his head. Seunghyun knew about how the girl broke his heart, of course, he had been the one to help Jiyong through everything. He couldn't let those two meet.

"Sorry, but I'm going to an important meeting." He said softly, turning and pushing the brunette away a little. He wanted to lie something about it being for work or a family meeting, but before he could have, his phone rang again. "Yeah?" He asked, sighing as once again, Mina was a bit too close to him.

"Are you free now?" He heard Seunghyun's voice. "I'm on my way to the cafe, so I will pick you up..." The elder added, before the blonde could have said anything.

"Yeah." Jiyong mumbled, glancing at Mina who was still behind him, clinging to his back a little bit annoyingly.

"Oppa, who are you talking to?" She asked, her high-pitched voice going even higher as her prey was once again not paying any attention to her. She hated it when people did that, it was so rude, especially when they could have been talking to her.

Jiyong muttered something into the phone, his face lighting up when he spotted a familiar figure walking towards him and the woman he used to love.

The blonde waved happily and ran to his cousin, a bright smile on his pinkish lips as he hugged the elder man tightly. "Hi, hyung." He mumbled, burying his face in Seunghyun's chest. The elder chuckled and ruffled the younger's hair affectionately.

Mina glared at the two in front of her, rolling her eyes as he saw the gentle hug. "It's like he thinks Jiyong is his..." She muttered to herself before walking up to Jiyong and pretty much dragging him out of the other man's hold. "Oppa, you promised to take me out today!" She batted her eyelashes adorably as she lied, knowing that no man could resist that look.

"May I know who you are?" Seunghyun asked, pulling Jiyong back to him before suddenly clashing his lips to the younger's rosy ones, smirking slightly as he saw how the woman tensed up.

Jiyong was completely shocked as he felt his cousin's lips on his. "This is wrong." He thought, yet his eyes fluttered shut as he kissed back, not noticing the smirk that played on Seunghyun's lips.

"I'm Mina, Jiyong's very close friend." The woman said once she got over the shock of seeing those two kiss. She could recall seeing this man before. His eyes were something no one could ever forget.

Seunghyun sighed, his eyes filled with jealousy as he heard how that woman was close to his Jiyong. Well, maybe officially the younger wasn't his, but who cared? "I see. Well, I don't care how close you two are, but he's mine." He said before taking the younger's car keys from his pocket --he always put it in his left one, Seunghyun had noticed it over the years --and pushed the dumfounded blonde into the passenger's seat.

"I'm yours now, huh?" Jiyong asked, a soft giggle leaving his lips.

"You've always been." Seunghyun chuckled, smirking when he saw how the younger was blushing deeply.