Marmalade Sky 4

Ice Prince & Ice Princess Palace

Hye, it's been a while since my last update and I have a reason for that! My flashdisk gone and that flashdisk contain all my fanfic! Also, I went home for holiday about two week and leave my laptop at my boarding house, so I can't rewrite my fanfic for time being and of course that flashdisk now become memory since I haven't found it again. I so tempted to make new story and just forget this one, but yeah...let's just continue it no matter how worse this story turn out and I do curious what kind of bad this story will be!

Anyway, thanks for being patient with me and thank you so much for reading this story as well (better say thanks first before I completely forget about this)! Here comes the story!!!

 

-----

Jessica is in the middle of searching for Amber, they decide to play hide and seek in their mansion but Amber refuse to play at east wing of the mansion. Amber never ever goes to the east wing and so some maids also beg Jessica never goes there too. This make Jessica so confuse why Amber never goes to east wing since this is her house.

But while looking for Amber at this huge mansion Jessica stumbles in part of mansion that she never went before. From the building alone, she could tell that this building newly renovated since everything so shiny. “This must be east wing or called with Yuri palace!” Jessica know this nickname from their maids that jokingly called this with Yuri palace.  

She’s wondering around till her leg hurt and she know that she shouldn’t standing or walking in long time because it will hurt her back and make her lost consciousness, all this walking and to make it worse…she wears slightly high shoes. Open one big door and there’s stair lead to basement.

When she arrives at the last stair in front of her there’s so many rack of wine and even expensive glass. “This must be wine cellar…Yuri wine cellar”

The wine cellar is so big with modern theme and the wine collection is so many of it and neatly arranges. You can’t even see any dust from this place. Boa indeed have one but it’s nothing compare to Yuri’s. In fact, east wing building is completely different with any other mansion building. The east building that still new looks so luxury and somehow extravagance, compare to the other part it seems expensive but still homey and minimalist.

“This really breathtaking…”

Yuri wine cellar even have very expensive oak table and chairs also expensive carpet to decorate this wine cellar, the table and chair even have very astonishing decoration. In the middle of table there are wine accessories that made from diamond and gold. She didn’t know much about wine since she never ever dream to drink one and she kinda dislike the taste that little bitter for her taste, but she know everything must be expensive.  

Jessica keep looking around her without pay attention at where she’s stepping her feet because she really amazed with this room, clumsy enough that she slipped because small step stairs. In panic she’s trying to reach anything she could to hold her fall but she only reaches one wine bottle and she falls so hard on her back.

Her back took the impact and the pain becomes so unbearable to her because of her wound, the wine bottle almost falls at her forehead but barely missed it, she’s faint because the fall and the pain on her back also the hit on back of her head.

After more than ten minute of hiding from Jessica, Amber slowly notice that Jessica went missing and now she’s the one to search Jessica. They found nothing and now they standing in front of east wing mansion part. Place that they haven’t search before Amber could enter or even think to enter it without permission, Yuri is standing behind her.

“Anything that you need?”

But instead of answering, amber just shaking and start sobbing. She couldn’t even turn around to face Yuri because Yuri voices enough to scare her. Yuri just looking at Amber for a second before understands what might happen. Yuri just glances at Amber and then looking forward again, walking toward her room.

“W-wait!!! Please st-stop!!”

Yuri is indeed stopping her step before start walking again without caring Amber pleading voice. After walking and she’s arrives in front of her bedroom door, looking at the door handle. She’s not here then the only place is wine cellar.

Yuri then walking toward her wine cellar and when she’s open the door, she know that Jessica inside this room because the scent of the wine and she found Jessica laying there and motionless, wine splattered around her body. Yuri is walking toward Jessica and standing at close distance but still have respectable space between them. She’s bend her back to examine Jessica face or injury.

Just mere wounds.

“Wake up!”  

After few moments, Jessica stirred and when she opens her eyes, Yuri already towering her. Jessica suddenly sitting but fall again, Yuri didn’t even make any attempt to stop Jessica even though she knows Jessica will dizzy if she suddenly sitting like that. She took something from her pocket and gives her hanky to Jessica, rather than give she just throws it on Jessica hand. Before she turns her body, Yuri takes the broken wine bottle with her and sits at nearby chair.

Jessica use Yuri hanky to her bleeding forehead, because the pain she can’t speak too much. Even before she could speak, Yuri already does the speaking for her. “It seems you have very deep knowledge about wine! Red like a ruby and thick likes a blood!”

Jessica just stays silence because Yuri words, of course she know what Yuri mean and that’s mean the wine that she broke just now is the most expensive wine in this wine cellar. Yuri keep looking at her broken bottle and wine stain on her expensive carpet that she brought from Paris, she must buy another one again. She didn’t even get to taste this wine.

“Also, art too!” this because of the wine stains on the carpet.

“I’m so sorry…is there any way for me to…”

“Kwon boa will get lot of homework!” Yuri then tapping her fingers on the table in slow tempo as if she thinking something but actually she never really thought of anything, “She got lot of homework now!” the meaning is Kwon Boa wills compensation many things, from Yuri wine and Yuri carpet to Jessica medical bills and Jessica new dress.        

“I can do it! There’s no need to bring her into this…” then Jessica hissed in pain.

Yuri just smile to herself and looking at her watch, “Kwon Boa becomes small!” from afar Yuri could hear someone walking or maybe running toward them. With loud sound and door being forced open by kicking it, the door being opened and the furious Kwon boa already standing and looking at Yuri in very menacing eyes that been a while for Yuri to watch it again.

“What are you doing with Jessica?!!”

Yuri just smiles and give her very innocent smiles, of course as her usual pose, fist on her chin, she just chuckles as answer for Boa. Of course this make Boa lose her patience almost immediately, she went to Yuri, slowly she walk to Yuri but Jessica stops her for doing something stupid.

Of course Yuri didn’t even know anything, didn’t do anything, didn’t even watch how that happen, so her answer is not completely wrong but the way Yuri answer Boa…even the patient person in the world will lose their patience with Yuri answer and Yuri gesture, not to mention Boa already hate this kind of smile and gesture.

“No, Yuri-ssi didn’t do anything wrong…but…” Jessica hissed in pain as the wound begin to hurt her, she might lose consciousness again.   

Hearing Jessica in pain, quickly Boa scooped her to carry Jessica on princess carry and in hurry, she calling Yoobin through her Bluetooth earphone to prepare hospital room for Jessica. Meanwhile Jessica back really in pain and make her really dizzy but before she faint again, she manage to catch Yuri back when Boa bring her away from wine cellar.

--

Return home after three day stay at hospital, she’s watching Yuri personal butler remind other butler to carry the precious carpet with upmost care. Jessica thinks this carpet might from Boa, but actually this comes from Yuri money, since she’s planning to change the carpet anyway. Whatever Jessica stained it with wine or not, she will changes it.

“Butler Yoo, may I know where Yuri right now? Because I want to apologize since because of me, her wine…”

The butler is just bowing to Jessica, “Master really busy with her school activity now, so I don’t even know where she is today! I’m apologizing for not offering any help for you!” with that the old butler excuses himself to wine cellar again.

With Jessica dejectedly, someone is tapping her shoulder. “What’s wrong? Fight with appa?” Gyuri is standing behind Jessica with wide smiles, “Tell me, I will take care of your problem in flash! Don’t worry! It won’t cost much!”

“Gyuri-ah… Yuri-ah…I mean, Yuri-ssi”

Gyuri nods her head in understanding because she knows Jessica calling her and asking where’s Yuri, since their name almost sound similar. “I heard from Taeyeon that you watching Yuri match couple days ago? Want to see her friendly polo match with her friends? If you want, just tell our driver the address!” Gyuri check her watch, “I couldn’t go because there’s another case again…but think this as the excuse to get know Yuri! You never really have conversation with Yuri or maybe stay in same room more than 10 minute, right?”

Of course she remember Boa warning about not get to close with Yuri, since she’s dangerous person that will do anything that you might never expected before. But…Jessica really want to go and also since she want to apologize.

This is the first for Jessica watching polo sport, game for rich but what makes her amaze is Yuri. How Yuri could maneuver the horse while chasing the ball. She scared if Yuri will fall from the horse or someone will hit Yuri with that mallet. Since Jessica didn’t know the rule, so if the crowd cheering she will too and if Yuri seem got hold the ball, Jessica will cheer too.

There are only few who watch the game today, Jessica sure the watcher is their family or their friends and that remind her…what if she didn’t come to this game, who will watch Yuri game…and who will cheer for Yuri, did they always do this to Yuri…ignore Yuri?

With her black horse, Yuri somehow is shinning brighter than other player. Jessica really hypnotized by Yuri elegance riding the horse and when she finished her admires activity, the game already finished and she didn’t even know who the winner is but she clasp like other watcher.

Yuri of course know Jessica watching for her and Yuri know that Jessica didn’t even know the rule or anything, since when her opponent team got the ball or when they making score, she also cheering. Of course it escape Yuri observation since she need to focus on the game, that every time Yuri got the ball Jessica cheering loudly.

Yuri talking with her teammate about the game but her eyes caught someone that walking toward Jessica from afar. Immediately Yuri knows who this man, this bald man with sunglass also very poor choice of fashion style. “It’s very great game and please excuses me!” while walking toward Jessica, Yuri keep her eyes on that person, very suspicious person.

When this bald man realize Yuri keep her eyes on him, he stops walking and slowly back away. His face showing his irritated faces to Yuri but he couldn’t do anything though he didn’t retreat but keep his eyes on Jessica.

“Yuri-ssi, it’s a great match…even though I don’t know who the winner…and I didn’t know much about the game either, but you really great and your team must be the winner!”

Yuri tore her eyes from that man since that man know when to retreat and looking at Jessica, she standing at closer distance for her own liking and slowly steps back without being notice by Jessica. She gives Jessica her usual smiles. “You are very kind but I'm not that great!” Her team lost the game because there's novice playing with them.

Jessica really stupefied with Yuri way of smiles, even with her friends Yuri always smiles like this. One things that Jessica really notice, when Yuri standing she really like gentlemen, the way she’s standing with her posture also how her jaw so straight, full with dignity. The same posture when they first meet each other.

Yuri notice Jessica keeps looking at her face, “Something on my face?”

“No…but thank you too, thank you!” of course Jessica know the bald man that following her around, Boa already told her about this and warn her never wandering around without anyone but she can’t help it and goes to watch Yuri games. Though she didn’t know why this man watching over her like this, since she never do anything wrong to him.

“Are you using our driver?”

Jessica shakes her head, “No but I took taxi since the driver might reject my idea to come here alone, Boa prohibit me to go anywhere alone and without her permission! I come here with some help after all! Please don’t tell anyone!”

Yuri just nods her head one, Kwon Boa indeed someone clever because she know if Jessica goes out alone, she will meet the henchmen of Clara. Sadly, the said person seem unaware much about this problem for her own safety

“Time passes unnoticed by me now!” looking at how confuse Jessica face, Yuri know that Jessica didn’t understand with her words. But Jessica is looking at her watch in confusion because it’s still early and this is lunch time.

Did Yuri just asking me for lunch?

Yuri turn her head and looking at Jessica, Yuri know Jessica seem hesitated about the idea of lunch together with her. I don’t know what Boa said about me but it seems not that good judging from her troubled face…this is really troublesome~ “Yes, that’s right! Just want to get know you! I guess, you has another schedule!”

Yuri turns around and wants to walk away from Jessica, “I can…let’s get lunch together!” will I regret my choice…I should think more before decide something…

 

Lunch with Yuri is as awkward as Jessica could imagine, of course Yuri lips always formed into smiles but that’s really thin smiles and she never strikes any kind of conversation with Jessica. Yuri still keep her eyes on Jessica but not in creepy kind of stare thought not in romantic sense, it worse than you’re in audition and in front of judge. So, ten minute they spend with silence. Though Yuri kind enough to order Jessica her menu which Jessica know this also very expensive food.

While she still looking at Yuri, she notice Yuri way of sitting always straight and somehow give the impression of stiffness on her. Though Jessica found herself want to ask Yuri about this, question like is this the way chaebol sit or do you have more relaxed pose while you’re sitting?  

“The bar is too high, am I right?”   

“Excuse me?”

Yuri nods her head, “Because your disinterested face, this restaurant still below your standard? This is the expensive and the most prestigious restaurant in South Korea, own by Choi family!”

Jessica know what Yuri mean and quickly she put smiles for Yuri, “No, rather than France food, I like Korean food because nostalgic feeling and also it’s feel like home, the atmosphere! Maybe I miss Korean food too much?”

Did Yuri buy my lies? I hope she won’t notice my expression.

Yuri just nods her head, “Let’s introduce our self clearly this time, I want to hear more about you” of course Jessica know what the meaning of Yuri question since Boa already teach her if one day Yuri ask her this kind of question. Of course Yuri never asks anything about her education background, her hobby or favorite things to do, her favorite color, but these.

 “My family used to have fashion business in states, the business pretty big only states know our brand since we never promote our brand to Korea, we want to and we already planning for it but they got framed by their best friend and we got into very huge debts…lucky for us, Boa willingly to save our from debts!”

There again, she put her fist under her chin and smiles like that…Jessica looking at Yuri, she want to see Yuri expression based on her stories. Boa told her, Yuri never interest on fashion business and dislike the idea own that part of business either so when something that pass as useless things for her, Yuri will completely ignore this.

“Very bad of me, I hope I didn’t hurt your eyes!”

Jessica just smiles at Yuri, unknowing for Jessica the smiles that she gives to Yuri is a very wide smiles and very relaxed smiles, it’s been a while for Jessica to smile like that. Free from pressure of Boa-rumored wife. She never had it easy, even when Boa become shield for her, make her become rich lady, but it took huge effort for her to adapting herself from poor to rich, to pretend and make lies, making spider web of her lies. 

Not only for herself, from her new social circle group too, she must fits, of course when it comes to money Boa got it covered more than just fine. But that fake world of smiling and also cruel world of wealth and show off…she wonder when she will give up on this kind of world.

“Taeyeon also told me about this, watching your fashion style making her felt so stuffy and dizzy. She always boasting about her fashion style and she have Tiffany-ssi to help her for fashion style, so she could dress nicely! Yoobin and Gyuri also have their own fashion style too! But somehow I like to see your fashion sense, Yuri-ssi!”

Then Jessica is looking at how Yuri dresses for today, even at usual occasion Yuri way of dressing still never failed to amaze Jessica. Blazer with dark color, black shirt, and also tie as accessories. Yuri just sit there and smiles, allowing Jessica to judge her fashion style.

“It’s perfect Yuri-ssi!”

Looking at how Yuri just smiles Jessica begin think that Yuri is like harmless kitten and nothing dangerous about Kwon Yuri unlike what Boa told her and make her stay away from Yuri, “What about you, Yuri-ssi? I also want to get know you!”

“Even when you already heard so much about Kwon Yuri?” but before Jessica could asks Yuri anything about her words, their food arrives and the question left unanswered because Yuri with her usual smiling face gesture them to eat.

Observing how Yuri eat and Yuri table-manner, Jessica get some image about Yuri. She so different with her sibling because Yuri is so stiff not stiff in awkward definition but casual things is definitely not on her dictionary because she so formal and that make Jessica seem so stuffy with Yuri formality. This is very different with her siblings, they still laid-back and often joking around, even Boa too. Though watching Yuri act can be so enchanting because this is the first time for Jessica to watch it live how chaebol act beside in drama that she watch or she heard. 

On their way home, of course Yuri is the one who driving her very expensive sport car. Sadly they trapped into traffic as always and to lessen another awkward atmosphere around them because of Jessica question about Kwon Yuri, Jessica is trying to strike some casual conversation. “Do you like car, Yuri-ssi? Yoobin show me your collection before! There’s so many of it!!”

Yuri eyes still on road but her lips formed a thin smile, “Noona gives it to me!”

Noona? Did Taeyeon, Yoobin, and Gyuri brought it for her but Yuri called them with unnie not noona!

--

“Ah, noona! I understand what she means!! That’s what Yuri called for her girlfriends!” Yoobin answer Jessica question, five of them decides to have picnic at Han River. “What? You didn’t believe Yuri have girlfriends before? I won’t blame you!! I mean that kind of person, dating?! Haha! Even I will doubt her about dating!”

“Though she only dating rich person, so every girls that she dating will have competition to gives her expensive prize! In other words she only favor rich girl more than any type of girl!” Gyuri is looking at Jessica.

Taeyeon just chuckle when she’s looking at Jessica confused face and somehow that so comical. “That sounds so K-drama, Yuri not like that and you will confuse Jessica with this! See, even Jessica took it seriously!” Taeyeon looking at Jessica, “Don’t trust this person, okay? Because she’s just finish watching her weekly drama again!”

Gyuri then raised her shoulder, “Of course, she brought her own car with her own insanely money and that’s one of her hobby beside wine collection and I bet she’s joking when she said about noona things!”

Yoobin snicker from driving wheels, “Well, you can’t deny all her girlfriends or mostly girlfriends are someone with thick pocket~ you know that from psychologist point of view, that her subconscious is choosing rich girl for dating partner! She favors them the most so if you want to dating Yuri, you should own very thick wallet!!” 

Taeyeon playfully knock Yoobin head, “You never study on that subject and you are not psychologist, surgeon!”

They manage to found nice spot for picnic and with food that Jessica cook it they enjoy the Han river. It seem Yoobin, Gyuri, Taeyeon, and Amber like the food so much since they really eat it with very happy face. After their stomach full with food, they’re enjoying the scenery.

“It seems Yoobin-unnie want to be cow?”

Yuri is standing behind them and smiling looking at laying Yoobin. Contrast with other sibling that seem so happy with Yuri appearance, Amber really scare with her and not like Yuri looking at her direction since Yuri seem ignore her and not only Yuri ignore amber but Yuri also ignore Jessica since she appears Yuri never ever looking at Jessica direction.

Jessica looking at Yuri in a second she heard Yuri voice, it’s just like automatic reaction from her body. Even before she heard Yuri voice, she know Yuri near them…maybe because Yuri perfume or maybe that because Yuri footstep.

 “Yah! I’m your unnie that really handsome, okay?! Is okay to sleep after eating to your heart content! Human won’t turn into cow because of that reasons!!” though in the end Yoobin get up from her laying position and sitting, “What are you doing in here anyway?!”

Yuri just smiles, “Only pigeon and couple come to park at holiday, family too?”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow, “You got dumped again, Kwon Yuri?! How many times does that make it now?! You didn’t have any plan to make this as your record, right?!” 

Yuri let another chuckle, “Nineteen”

“Oh, just one more and will get one stemple! You look awfully happy about this!” Gyuri look at Yuri and slap yuri leg, “That’s way too many! Why she dump you? Did you cheat on her? Why go out with them if you’re going to break up with them or you’re going to be dumped by them? Why do you always say yes to them?”

Yoobin tapped Gyuri shoulder, “Now, now! The right question to be asked is did she’s crying so hard when she’s dumped you and you only ask why with your dumb smile?”

Yuri still smiles, “Yes, she is and I am”

Yoobin then shrugged her shoulder, “Then, she will get another girlfriend again! Come to her with that blushing face of youth puppy love and asking her to date them! Of course Kwon Yuri will say yes with that smiles on her face though in the end that girl will dump our Yuri again while crying and Yuri with her stupid dumb smile the same smiles when she accept her love, will ask her why! It’s all the same as always!!”

And Yuri just chuckles when she heard Yoobin narrated the whole scene that will happen to her and of course majority will be like what Yoobin narrated.

Jessica decides it’s time to join the conversation, “Please have a sit Yuri-ssi and I’m sorry there’s nothing left for lunch…”

Yuri just looking at Jessica before let out her usual smiles, but before she could reply Jessica Yoobin already do it for her and Yoobin even nudge Yuri leg while at it. “This person will never sit on the ground unlike us, she will prefer standing anyway! Also, there’s no way she will using her finger to eat without her cutlery set! So, don’t worry about her! While you still standing, go and buy me some drink!”

--

Boa just eyeing the envelope that Jessica showing her, she got this envelope when she’s at Amber school from her “social friends” and somehow without opening this envelope, Boa already got some image what kind of invitation inside this envelope but she still open it.

“Just like what I guess, another useless show-off event!” Boa said while giving the invitation to Yoobin and Gyuri. “But the problem is…she will come! For sure!”

“Photoshoot for fashion magazine, the magazine that is famous for socialite!” Yoobin read it out loud so Jessica and everyone inside Boa studying room could hear it, there’s only Jessica, Boa, Taeyeon, Gyuri and Yoobin. “Everything inside that magazine is all about wealth and glamour of every luxury things that we could own!” 

“Special edition for this month, it’s all about the socialite and their family! Well, every woman will put all their child talent out there!” Gyuri smiles at Jessica, “So you will see lot of rich lady with their kids show off their kid’s achievement! Some will bring their music instrument or maybe their trophy too, they might bring their school report too!”

Taeyeon know what Boa irritated and annoyed face mean because somehow when she’s looking the invitation title she already imagine her mother, Clara face on it since she love this kind of event. It’s not about her daughter achievement but she can show off her wealth. “This is okay, right? It’s not like Jessica will be alone there since so many socialite and even paparazzi will come too!”

“It’s dangerous to make Jessica goes alone because…that woman differently up for something! She is the brain for this event anyway! She will do something, definitely will do something to Jessica! I can’t let her do that!”

Gyuri just sighed, “If umma is the one who create this event and honestly she might invest majority of this event which make umma because the queen in this event then the only person that could join this event is her, if Jessica with her than the effect is so severe for umma!”

“Her?” Jessica asking Gyuri because the moment Gyuri speak that, Boa become slightly annoyed again and yet Boa indeed thought the same things too.

Taeyeon slowly nods her head, “Yuri, the one and only Kwon Yuri! Since this kind of event is her type of expertise anyway! So, please never go with Amber since the result can be worse for both of you! But!” Taeyeon looking at Boa, “The price is not cheap for asking her!”

“But Yuri…very busy nowadays…” Jessica rarely see Yuri on home because Yuri will comes home very late while she already sleeping.

Taeyeon just looking at Jessica for a moment and looking at slowly irritated Boa, “Knowing Kwon Yuri, she will do it! No matter how busy she is, she will do it when it comes to this kind of event!”

Looking at hesitated face from Boa, it seems she in the middle of thinking about Taeyeon words and she dislike the idea of using Yuri help. Taeyeon nods her head to Boa, “Only Yuri could enter that event and I bet Yuri got the same invitation card too, since umma will be there as well! Without the invitation, even us…we couldn’t enter it and umma really adore Yuri so much!”

Loud exhale and Boa bites her lips, she really loathing that idea. “There’s no guarantee that person will do anything that we hope she will do! What if she does that things we scared she will do? That person can’t be trusted!”

“Yuri…please call her with Yuri…” all eyes on Jessica especially Boa and her expression not that good when she heard that name, of course Jessica know the confuse expression from the sibling and slightly enrage expression from Boa require her to explain her outburst. “I felt it too rude and harsh if you called her with that name…since that’s not her name!” 

 

-----------

To Be Continue!!

 

As usual, give me some comment or anything because it will push my motivation to write...thanks so much for reading this fanfic!!! Love you and see you soon!!

PS: Out for late snack, so any error just tell me so I can fix it!