Marmalade Sky

Ice Prince & Ice Princess Palace

Hey, everyone! Good day?

This story is something that I found on my concept folder, after I must change my HDD and everything...lucky that I can save my data, though I need more than 2 days to move all my data. This one is just something...what should I say, easy. Yes, something easy to read since the story pretty much light one since I'm making this while eating at cafe. 

So, everyone! Please enjoy this story too!

-------

“Well, yes of course!! This not something you see every day in our peaceful house, this so fascinating indeed!! Ottoke? My heart is beating wildly like this! Someone please hold ma body!!” someone will tanned skin looking at scene in front of her with wide smile in her face that almost rip her face for sure, she really think this interesting things to watch.

Morning in Kwon resident always has this calm atmosphere but today they found it exceptionally refreshing for their amusement. The usual dull big mansion becomes lively with this unexpected news about certain family member of Kwon. They’re even running from dining room while in the middle of breakfast when they heard about this event. Running like champion, racing to see the news first.

“Yoobin! Don’t say something like that!” a girl beside the tanned girl or Yoobin pinches her at the arms, “This is serious matter!”

“Ouch!!” Yoobin yelped because UEE pinch but she couldn’t wipe that smirk out of her face, “But this is something new for us! What do you say, Gyuri-ah?”

“Well, I don’t blame Yoobin-unnie for thinking this something that new or something epic marvelous highly entertaining in many way because…ouch!!” another girl behind Yoobin get pinch on the ear because of her words, “Ah! It’s hurt Victoria!”

Victoria keep pinch at Gyuri ear top stop her for laughing or cracking some joke, “Stop your joke! Don’t you see your dongsaeng confuse?”

Gyuri rubs her red ear, “She confuse? No way!”

Yoobin nods her head, “I kinda fancy that, seeing her confuse!”

Petite girl with youth on her face look worried at their young dongsaeng that still didn’t say anything but reading the notes on her hand. The small girl is walking toward their younger dongsaeng and tap her shoulder softly, “Are you okay?” carefully she asks her the question. Though the smiles on her face is really unsuited with worry tones that she using.

She indeed thinks this epic day for her family.

“Taeyeon-ah, of course she’s more than okay! She still standing there and breathing! Right, Yuri? Let unnie see your eyes for a moment!” Yoobin trying to lift up the mood, though there’s nothing that needs to be lift up. This earn smack from UEE again.

After for a moment, the sources of amusement of her sibling that keep silence and reading the note, lift up her head, Kwon Yuri look up with same smile on her face and notes still on her hand. “So, this morning I got unexpected package from unknown sender?”

Kwon Yuri is second youngest of Kwon, this year she’s already age 20. She’s perfect human being, that’s the simple word that suits to describing her. Tall, tanned, perfect body and handsome face also very wealthy, she’s more than just perfect.

“Yes, sir…suddenly we found…this baby in front of gate and we did looking around no one there and there’s no car nearby too…” the security nervously holding the basket and inside that there’s baby still sleeping peacefully.

Taeyeon the first one walking toward the baby since Yuri still standing there, she wants to see up-close this newcomer, “Oh! Cute baby and she’s also pretty one too! What’s her name and what’s written inside that notes?”

Yuri walking toward the baby, “Her name is Yoona, her age about one year four weeks and she is my child, that’s what this notes telling me! She also says take care of Yoona carefully and be a good parents for Yoona! Every word are being type not handwriting!” Yuri touch the blanket that covering Yoona.

“Omo! She’s really cute baby unlike Yuri here! Her name is Kwon Yoona then?” Yoobin is peering from Yuri shoulder.

Yuri slightly halted her movement, “No, her name is Yoona. Just Yoona!”

“Okay, time to get serious!” sensing sudden change atmosphere, Gyuri is butting in the conversation. “Should we run some tests to see if this baby is really Yuri child? You know these days there’s many fraud like this? After our money since you know, we are what they say modern day royalty from South Korea!”

“I doubt it if the mother after our money!” Yuri is slightly lean to see Yoona closer, “Since this is pretty expensive silk as blanket and expensive child clothes, branded clothes. What’s inside that bag?”

Quickly the other security opens the bag, “Just some baby equipment and baby food sir! Nothing else is there, sir!”

Yuri nods her head but she keep her eyes on Yoona, “Hm, everything is expensive items and looking at how well the preparation I say this not to pin us down for our money. What left is test to prove if this really my child then?”

Yoobin shake her head, “No need, I can guarantee that Yoona is 100% is yours! See how resemble Yoona with you? Yep, she is yours!” Yoobin even adding thumbs up for Yuri.

Yuri just stay silent and keep looking at Yoona face, trying to find the similarity between them before she smiles and shaking her head. “How can you be so sure that she’s mine based with that fact alone? I’m not that kind of person, you know? Also, I don’t find and resemblance between us, I very confuse right now”

“You confuse? Hah! Yeah, right!” Yoobin went to see the notes. 

Victoria notices the baby trying to snuggle inside the blanket, “We should take Yoona inside before she gets cold, it’s pretty cold out here!”

Gyuri took the baby from the basket, “IF! If the mother is rich person, sooner or later she will return for Yoona! In the meantime, why don’t you become father for Yoona? Count this as learning, right? Hold your daughter properly!”

Gyuri put Yoona on Yuri arms, carefully Yuri hold Yoona using her right hand. Looking how bad Yuri held a baby, Yoobin really scare if Yuri decides to drop the baby. “Yah! Hold it with both hands! We need to buy parenting book and DVD for you!”

Taeyeon is taken out her phone from her pocket, “Okay! Look over her Yuri-ah! Say cheese!” she took a picture of Yuri holding Yoona…albeit clumsy from her sibling eyes, “Nice pose! First picture of Yuri and her daughter!!”

Yuri slowly nods her head and put her left hand on Yoona body, while Yoona unconsciously snuggling into Yuri neck, “Where she’s sleeping from now on?”

Yoobin knock Yuri head with Yoona toys, “Your room, of course! Since she’s already one year or more, I don’t think we really need baby cribs but I will buy it for you after my work, some cute clothes too! A Deer pajama is good choice too! Don’t forget the toys too!”

“I guess, the mother packs more than enough clothes for one week but we should buy the food and milk for just in case!” Taeyeon took the bag from security, “Who will buy it?”

“Why don’t Yuri? Since she’s free now, you don’t have any class today, right? Take this as opportunity for little bonding time and skinship too! Skinship is very important things to do for both parents and their children!” Yoobin give her morning lecture again.

“I thought you’re just surgeon not pediatric?” Yuri looking at Yoobin that just giving Yuri smug smile, “I don’t think I have time for doing shopping today since I have some homework to be done due today! Not to mention some work take time than usual!”

In the end UEE and Victoria do the shopping for Yuri, while Yuri returns to her room with Yoona in her arms, she put Yoona on her bed. This kid is heavy sleeper! Yoobin-unnie loud voice didn’t even waking her up…who’s your umma, Yoona-ssi?

Yuri slowly walking outside and close the door and she’s heading toward her office or her workshop, busy with her homework as usual. Looking at pile document in front of her with simple smiles, she’s just hope that she will finish this document before dinner.

She didn’t know that how long she’s been working till Taeyeon open her office door. Panting like mad or being chase by something, “What’s wrong?”

“Your daughter is crying for you! Come on!!!”

When Yuri arrives at her bedroom, Yoona already wake up and crying so hard. Yoobin and Gyuri is still trying to make her stop crying. This is the hilarious sight for Kwon Yuri, she almost laughing out loud with messy appearance of her unnie but she held it. When Yoona notice Yuri, she still crying but now she reach her hand toward Yuri.

“Appa!!”

Yuri walking toward Yoona and reach her hand toward Yoona face, she’s not hugging her but she just mere touching her face. “Why are you crying?”

“Yah! When your daughter crying the first thing you must do is to hug her to give her comfort, not doing this kind of interrogation like police! Hold her! Hug her!!” Yoobin almost kick Yuri because this stupid action from her.

Yuri slowly carries Yoona and makes Yoona head on her shoulder, “Stop crying!” The way Yuri asking Yoona to stop crying almost make her sibling hit her for sure, as if she order Yoona to stop crying not coaxing her.

Yoona just snuggling to Yuri shoulder while she’s still sobbing and grabbing Yuri shirt, she even bite Yuri shirt and her shirt. Yuri just looking at Yoona but she didn’t give any thought of her shirt getting wet.

“She must be hungry since she’s just wake up! I will ask our maid to make milk for her and some snack for her too!!” Taeyeon is running to kitchen in hurry.

Gyuri slumping on the floor because of exhausted from their previous war, “Also, she’s new in this house! She needs her appa when she’s just wake up in new environment, you should understand how children more sensitive toward environment changes than adult like us! Of course she will cry when she wake up alone in this kind of new and big room! Don’t even left your daughter alone, okay?”

“Yes, I will take a note about this but you guys look so old now! How can someone look so old in flash like this?”

Yoobin glaring at Yuri direction, “You are so annoying, okay?!”

Gyuri just wave her hand since she already gives up to counter this insult. After drink water, “Victoria brought some parenting book for you, read it! As soon as possible, I mean it!”

“Just finish reading it by this evening, understand?! With your brain, this must be easy!” Yoobin bring the book toward side table for Yuri to read it.

Yuri went to her couch since she already tired with standing and holding Yoona, “Thank you, since this is my first time and so sudden too I guess it just normal for me for being so inexperience with parenting!” seeing Yoona still crying on her arms but not as loud as before, “Don’t cry, I know they are scary but they are not monster at heart!”

Yoobin almost throwing her slipper toward Yuri face while Gyuri still slumping on the floor without caring what Yuri say about her face.

Yoona is sobbing and then she rubs her face at Yuri shirt, of course this make Yuri shirt wet but Yuri still let Yoona doing what she want. She keeps doing that till she’s smiling and giggling, she keeps mumbling appa word to Yuri while doing that.

Taeyeon return with milk and she’s clearly out of breath…talk about lack of exercise but she couldn’t get close with Yoona since Yoona will begin to tear up again when Taeyeon get closer, so this make Yuri to standing and took milk bottle, feeding it to Yoona and she gladly drink it.

“Ah, I just found this! Yoona umma note and as expected! Everything is typing from computer! This is including Yoona feeding schedule, her portion, what to eat, Yoona type of snack, usual instant food brand that Yoona eat, allergic food for Yoona, Yoona bathing schedule, Yoona sleeping schedule, what to do when she’s crying, etc!” Taeyeon showing one notes from Yoona bag, “I guess this more helping than those books! Look how complete this notes!”

“Yeah…mother knows everything, yup!” Yoobin sit on the floor and laying there like corpse, “Speak about mother, do you have any suggestion who? Or any name crossing your mind? Anything? Give us some story!”

Yuri thinking for a moment, “I never play with any kind of women before so I don’t have any single clue too”

Taeyeon sit on Yuri bed to rest her sore leg after running and her leg begins to cramp now, suddenly she remember something or someone. “Then!! So, what about this probability? You know, her?”

“That just crossing my mind just now, when she becomes the probability I indeed could imagine it. Her as Yoona mother but that make me not the father, clearly”

“Oh, you could imagine that? Why? What’s your reason for deny you as possibility too? This better be good!!” Yoobin sit straight while at it there’s loud bone cracking from Yoobin joint, “…Don’t look me like that, okay? Imagine all your work is to cut open human to fix them, anything will be interesting than that!”

Yuri just gives simple smiles, “Me and her not even in same equation”

“Then, how could you imagine her as the mother? Tell this old Taeng some nice juicy gossip! Come on, don’t be afraid!”

“Yoona face, did it resemble with someone that we know?” Yuri is just smiles, “Although, from the name itself maybe she is Yoobin-unnie daughter!”

“Wae?!!”

Yuri makes hushed gesture, “You don’t want to take care of crying baby, right? The name, she’s Yoona and you are Yoobin, same Yoo?”

Yoobin balled her fist and showing it to Yuri, “I really want to hit your head as hard as I can use this fist for real! If only Yoona not in your laps! I really hope that Yoona not really your daughter!!! God, please spare Yoona of from being this demonic offspring!!!”

 

Night at Kwon mansion, as usual Yoobin and Gyuri are trying to make Yoona playing with them but Yoona is still hiding behind Yuri leg. She’s at the floor and playing with her toys while Yuri sits at the couch near Yoona, very busy reading the mother notes. 

Talk about very “jobless” person like them, busy with all the toys for Yoona but instead of making Yoona like them…their loud voice make Yoona scared of them not to mention that crazy disgusting expression from them. This definitely will give even adult a nightmare.

“Apppaa!”

Yuri looks up from her notes and looking at very scared Yoona that hugging her leg, she’s very scared and almost crying. “The monster scared you so much?” Yoona nods her head and tightened her hold on Yuri legs.

Yuri is looking at Yoobin and Gyuri. “Could you please take off that monster mask since every kid nightmare is monsters?” Yuri took Yoona and make Yoona sit at her lap while she continue her notes after Yoona seem comfortable with her position and continue playing with her toy, ignoring dejected Yoobin and Gyuri. 

“What monster? We didn’t even wear any mask?!!”

“That’s mean she’s calling you two looks like a monster or maybe having an ugly face!” Taeyeon appears at hallway, “I’m home!”

This make Yoobin and Gyuri almost pounce Yuri. Almost but the figure appears behind Taeyeon take all their attention, since Kwon Boa just appear. Yuri just casually lowering her notes and give her Kwon Yuri smiles to Boa, while Boa just keep her stoic face toward Yuri since what caught her attention is baby on Yuri laps.

Taeyeon notice where’s Boa eyes landed, she quickly give little bit explanation to Boa. “Ah! She’s just appears in front of our front gate with letter telling us Yuri is her father! Of course, we don’t even know who the mother is and everything, that’s totally a chaos for us!”

“Should we do some DNA test on her? To prove it! Just in case, because this kind of fraud happens too many times, even in real live!” Gyuri standing and tidying her hair, “Yoobin-unnie can fix this test expertly and maybe for free too, I guess!”

“No need, she’s just a baby!”

Yuri is just smiles at Boa response and Yoobin slowly standing, “Ah, my joint…my age! Even though this is not my expertise but I know they could test DNA through hair or saliva beside from blood so it won’t hurt her! It’s safe too!!”

“I said no need for us to do the test on Yoona! Understand?”

--

One week passed, no sign of Yoona mother show up but everyone seem forget this fact as if they think Yoona as Yuri daughter is the most basic thing or usual thing. Today with sleeping Yoona on her right arm and her left arm inside her pocket, that usual posture of Kwon Yuri. She’s walking toward Taeyeon office room, not really in hurry since she’s took her time walking like a model. Since Taeyeon office at top floor, they took elevator to cut the time.    

“This is not your company and yet you dare to show your face in this place Kwon Yuri?”

At the same time the elevator door open, “Yes, of course and thank you for always reminding!” Yuri enters the elevator and she also enters the elevator with Yuri but they’re standing so far away from each other. She is Jessica Jung Sooyeon, that’s her name.

Judging from Jessica appearance from reflection on the elevator wall that made from very clean steel also little bit mirror, she’s come here for business purpose because that formal outfit. Different with Yuri, she’s wearing semi formal outfit, Kwon Yuri usual fashion style.

Yuri presses the button to Taeyeon office floor and Jessica press at one floor higher than Yuri. She knows the reasons for Jessica to come at this building now and she actually won’t give any damn about this though. Even till now she didn’t even give a look or glance to Jessica, since the beginning in fact.  

Couple of second silence, it might be awkward for someone else to see but not for Yuri and maybe for Jessica too.

“I don’t know someone like you could have a baby?”

Jessica standing beside Yuri and her eyebrow rose when she notice the sleeping child on Yuri arm and shoulder. Looking at content expression from the baby, this make Jessica even more confuse. The way the baby nuzzles at Yuri shoulder telling Jessica this is should be impossible things.

Yuri totally ignore that curt tone, it’s not because she’s scare or didn’t want to make scene in this office. Yuri hand automatically went inside her pocket again after pressing elevator button, “World is full of fascinating thing and full of joke, even for me!”

Yuri arrives at her floor and she exist the elevator without even looking back at Jessica, meanwhile Jessica keep her eyes on Yuri as the door closed.

“Yoobin-unnie will be busy with her 8 hour surgery, Gyuri-unnie has very difficult case today, and I have class today so take care of her!” Yuri said that while put Yoona on Taeyeon couch and cover her body with her blanket.

“That’s the first thing comes from your mouth when you enter my office without knocking first?!!” Taeyeon just agape with Yuri arrival, “I do have some work despise for being like this! Are you come here just because I look free and jobless? Tell me which one! Your class is just about couple of hours and done!!”

“I have some seminar after class and since seminar place far from our house and if you count the traffic at weekend I will be home maybe dawn! I might rent hotel too!”

Taeyeon face slowly become pale, even though Yoona already stay with them for one week but Yoona not really friendly toward everyone beside Yuri, though now she’s not crying when Yoobin and Gyuri playing with her but she will definitely be cranky when she’s wake up without Yuri.

“Why you must rent hotel?”

“It’s not good to drive when your condition not fit enough” Yuri fixes her clothes, “Ah, yes. I almost forgot! I meet Jung  in this office, on my way to your room!”

Taeyeon looking at Yuri while furrowing her eyebrow, “Where she’s right now? Any clue why she’s here? I’m actually very curious…”

“She’s at very top floor office!”

“Oh” only that comes out from Taeyeon voice before she’s slowly nods her head, “Well, that’s expected too! Anyway, just go home fast because I don’t think I can manage to take care of Yoona more than one day since she’s so scary when she’s cranky!”

When Yuri is already gone to her class, slowly Taeyeon went to Yoona despise the mountain of paper work. She’s put some couch pillow beside Yoona body and when she’s looking at Yoona face long enough but before she could realize one thing about Yoona her deskphone ringing. “Yes, understood. I will come in a moment!”   

 

“Lucky for us Victoria manage to coax Yoona so she’s not that cranky now! Just come home quickly or I’ll come to drag you home! Buy us something to eat as our payment!!”

Yuri reading Taeyeon text and also there’s picture too, picture about Gyuri room that seem so disarray and just look like war battle ground. Yoona drinking her milk while sitting at Gyuri back, they’re playing horse riding. You could see the dead body of Yoobin anyway.

When she’s looking at Yoona face again, this time clearly since she’s rarely seen her face on daily basis.

Where’s your mother, Yoona-ssi? It's been one week but more importantly who’s your mother Yoona-ssi…even though I do have some clue or suspect about your mother but…the real question is who your father, Yoona-ssi?

Then she remember Taeyeon question about the possibility of her being Yoona mother, “So, what about this probability? You know, her?”

Yuri know and she sure that Yoobin also Gyuri know who is her that Taeyeon mean, the one and only Jessica Jung Sooyeon. Everyone will assume Jessica is the mother, they will pinpoint Jessica as Yoona mother and that’s why she’s absolutely sure that she’s not the father not that she have any doubt about she’s not the father since the beginning.   

I never do that kind of thing! Absolutely!

Yuri standing from the couch and went to bathroom, because all those lecturing activity make her body sticky with sweat. She needs those warm water and also nice red wine to accompany her. That will be a perfect time to thinking or deducting something.

If the mother is Jessica Jung Sooyeon that mean the father clearly not me because…

 

---------------

To Be Continue

I hope this fanfic good enough since this just old concept that I try to revive once again, so please give me some comment so I know what the lack in this story so I can fix it to be better story! Thanks for reading this fanfic as well, see you again!