Used to Love

Ice Prince & Ice Princess Palace

Sorry, I made this chapter far too long because I want to make this as three-part story but end up making this really long chapter...

 

---------

I don’t know when it all started

When my head became dizzy with thoughts of you

These thoughts would often pop up in my mind

I feel anxious as my heart expands towards you

It’s nothing… it’s just a little thing

Your words are awkward to me

Busy airport of Sone country. Sone is just medium size country about 12,654.67 km2 and independent country. The ever peaceful island with beach that you can calls it with paradise on earth. Exotic Island (mix between Hinduism and also Persian) with anything you can wish for.  

The island covered with hot sand about 45%, but the water always plentiful…though the summer is about to roasting you, well that’s what some people need, say with me sunlight. Breathtaking oasis in some of the desert and also amazing lake and river, well pretty much Lovely Island that you could ever wish for. 

Jessica Jung standing there waiting for vacant taxi, she come from wrong time after all, vacation time and also there’s will be something important will be held in this island. She looking at news on big plasma TV, news about one of royal will be married and now the news interviewing the couple.

Jessica just frowned her perfectly shaped eyebrow, because the interview in alien language. Jessica didn’t even understand, but seeing her still called lover talking happily with one beautiful woman beside her, make Jessica hurt so much.

After all, you still mine…and I will stop you from marrying her!

But, someone standing beside Jessica and softly clearing to get Jessica attention. The first thing that catch Jessica attention is those black hair, so straight but so soft. She tall girl, tall like a model with but not skinny with bone because she lean full with perfectly build muscle. Tanned skin that make her so exotic and also her way of smile really “addicting”, the way her eye…those warm and kind hazel eye, when she gazing, as if those eye tell every bit of her soul.

Also, the way she standing reflecting that she’s not just ordinary citizen. She standing so perfectly pose of gentlemen, chest held high in dignity, both hand in her side neatly, and she bow when she seen Jessica.

But Jessica failed to notice, when this girl walks to Jessica every citizen make way for her and even some of them bowing.

“Jung-ssi? Jessica Jung-ssi?” her accent bit broke when she using Korean words also her funny accent but that makes her look so charming as when spoken in her slightly lilting way. Also her confuse expression when she speak Jessica name, really cute.

Jessica must hold her laughter because, this girl look like confuse and cute chowchow puppy. But Jessica must admits that the way this girl talk, seem so elegant refined but at the same time casual not full with sickening authority.

She really looks like chowchow puppy!! Aigoo so cute!!!

“My name is Kwon, Kwon Yuri…” this girl smile, this girl name with Kwon Yuri smile and bowing once again, “And I come here to take you with me! Come, don’t be afraid now!” she confidently took Jessica hands, before Jessica know it she already inside luxury helicopter and holding Yuri hands tightly, but Yuri didn’t even mind it and enjoy the view.

Plane and helicopter is two different things, now she scared to death. Even after landing, Yuri must do bridal carry her for getting inside their said villa. Jessica realize what happen, tried to free herself from Yuri.

“Be careful, you don’t want your body…erm, falls on the…hard floor, right?” still with broken word but why every time Yuri speak Korean that seem so awkward Jessica just like it. That makes Jessica stop struggling, while Yuri slowly put her on ground.

“You kidnapper!!! What do you want from me?!!!!” Jessica attacking Yuri using her fist, pounding Yuri arms.

Yuri just smile, “No, rest assure miss because I didn’t kidnapped you…because if  kidnapping, people on airport will screaming for help and also…no kidnapper let eye of their hostage open and landing at villa, right now”

Jessica throw glare at Yuri who didn’t even taken back by this and still smile widely, like innocent kids. “What do you want then?!! Because I know you didn’t need money, look at this luxury place and all! What do you want with me?!!!”

“I don’t need anything from you, all I want you enjoy in here…ehm…what should I said this? Your stay with me…enjoys this as much as you can, also…whatever you need…don’t be shy…to call your personal maid Shinyoung, she understand Korean more than I’m…still learning and please, don’t try to runaway! Because this villa far from city full of desert…and I don’t want something bad happen to you, please?”

Jessica scoffed and tried to open the door, when she open it the sky already dark and all and the temperature being little bit cold, she close the door and turn around to see Yuri speaking something to Shinyoung.

“What?!!”

Yuri smile at Jessica, “No, I just tell Shinyoung to prepare warm bath for you and also dinner will be serve to your room…is there anything you need?”

“I’ll stay here for today because I need to do something important!!!”

Yuri just nodding, “I know but I can’t allow you to do that, ruining her marriage” there’s no anger in her tone or warning, not a little bit. Jessica taken back with this, before she could ask Yuri, who exactly she is, one maid already comes to Yuri holding phone.

“Sooyoung? I don’t know where she is and I’ll video call you in ten minute, Hyo!” Yuri turn to face Jessica, “Please, take a rest…it’s more than twelve’s hours of flight…you need your rest!” the way Yuri plea at Jessica make Jessica cheek rose in pretty pink color, blushing at Yuri.

 

After enjoy her bath, Shinyoung prepare dinner for Jessica. She eats it while Shinyoung standby beside her, “Who is she actually? Kwon Yuri I mean, why she know about that marriage?”

“Kwon Yuri, the last or the youngest Prince of Sone, but also cousins of Kim Taeyeon. The person that you searching for! Sadly to say, you can’t escape from here…this villa is highly security and also surround by big desert! You even need traveling by car for four hours or maybe more!”

So, that’s why she bring me here…to stop me from ruining her marriage!! “But I need to found her and…”

“Then tell Prince Yuri your reasons, if that really acceptable she will listen you out and help you!”

Jessica sit there and sighed, “If I really tell her the truth…she won’t believe it and I can’t tell her that!”

“Then you won’t be able to leave here and the wedding will be held in three weeks again, without her help…you can’t stop Taeyeon marriage for whatever your reason is! Because you really need her help for that!”

 

Yuri room, “Yes, I manage to get here nicely Hyo!” Yuri doing some skype with Hyoyeon who seem at her own manor and enjoy the dinner alone without Sooyoung, lucky for Hyoyeon then.

“Already? That’s was so quick! But they really over because ask you to stop Jessica Jung from ruining Taeyeon wedding day!! Is this the punishment for you because your sudden holiday for one month with me and Sooyoung?!”

“I don’t think that my punishment, they just make me do dirty work for them! If this wedding ruined, Hwang will angry at us, right? They not really care about our holiday, because if they really angry about it they will chase us down!!” Yuri smile and raised her wine to Hyoyeon who do the same things.

“So, what will you do? What her relationship with Jessica Jung?”

Yuri look at Hyoyeon and smile, “She just girlfriend of Taeyeon! I guess they didn’t break up yet because Jessica-ssi seems…attached with her. What will I do? Make her fall for me and forget about Taeyeon, or at least distract her from Taeyeon marriage! Since they said to me, using any means to save their marriage!”

Yuri standing and walking to bookshelf, “Anyway, I need to polish my Korean language for Jessica-ssi!”

--

If I wanted to show you how I feel

The only way would be for you to become me

I’m already inside of you

Just like you’re inside of me

To each other

We may already be too accustomed

Morning, Jessica wake up because of hungry. Slowly she makes way to her own bathroom, washed up and changing her clothes. While Yuri already at kitchen, cooking their breakfast while do some video chat with Sooyoung, her other BFF.

“You cook? You never ever cooking for me and yet for her you do it? What did you make?”

Yuri just smile, “Simple American style breakfast, Potato Bacon omelets! With fresh juice and also some salad! Do you want me to make your breakfast Soo?”

“Nah, no thanks! Last time you give me food for bribe to accompany you for cleaning charity service and I almost broke my back! If you cook for me? You will ask me to cleaning the entire city of Sone or maybe something worse, right? No, thanks! I need to go for my breakfast too, bye!”

When Yuri turns around, she could see Jessica looking sharply at her. “Morning, let’s have our breakfast at veranda? We have nice view of sea!” it’s seemed Yuri Korean gradually better, but the accent still bit off. Charming smile, that Yuri weapon and it’s successfully making Jessica heart beat raised for a bit.

The rest of day, Yuri take Jessica to touring the villa and also end up with swimming in one of pool. “How can a girl become Prince?” Jessica sits at the edge of pool watching Yuri swimming around. Yuri personalities make them quick become friends but Jessica still need to stop Taeyeon wedding no matter what happen.

Yuri who swimming around just stop and smile, “Everything being decided by our emperor, that’s what Sone! When I was born, he just decides it like that because he got dream from our ancestor and that’s that! Weird, right? But you will love this country so much!!”

“Same- marriage, is it normal for here?”

“Pretty normal and I don’t see why not! Love it’s not about gender, it’s just love! You should meet my older sister and her wife, if you don’t believe me!”

Jessica gazing at Yuri and sighed, “Can you let me go? I need to stop Taeyeon wedding because she still my…”

“I’m sorry, I can’t! You can ask me anything but not that” Yuri too looks at water instead Jessica.

 

After breakfast, “Tell me about yourself Jessica-ssi? Like your hobby, work and any other things? Favorite colors and foods? Anything like that!” the couple sit in front of big TV, Jessica watching Yuri playing resident evil 6 game.

Since Yuri begin to play, Jessica hugging pillow behind Yuri. Scare but also curious about the game and all, confuse how can Yuri play this game so expertly. She didn’t understand, why when she with Yuri all thought for Taeyeon vanished and she only manage to focus on Yuri? Why? How?

I still got lot of time to change Yuri mind and to stop her wedding, never rush anything Jessica! Wrong move and you will ruin your plan! Become her best friend and maybe she will help you!!

“I’m at your age…24 years old, doctor but still new! I want to take specialist, cardiology but the cost…I need to work for that and searching for sponsor from hospital! White is my favorite color and also, I eat anything well except cucumber and anything related with that…AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!” Jessica scream hugging Yuri back, almost makes Yuri bites her tongue because of the impact.

Quickly paused the game, “What? What happen? Something wrong?” she turned around to see what exactly happen that make Jessica scream like that. Actually, Jessica screams because the zombie pop at screen and make Jessica taken back.

“It’s scary!!!!” Jessica still clingy at Yuri back.

“Ah, I’m sorry…let me change the game then…” before Yuri could change the game, Jessica already stopping her.

“No, I got curious too but let me hug your back and please be my shield for this, my human shield!!!” seeing those puppy eye from Jessica, Yuri just laughing and nodding her head.

Night time, when they must sleeping, small scale storm attacking the villa. Jessica having difficult to sleep because in the morning she just watching Yuri playing scary game and now she had paranoia attack. Sound of thunder and rain, driving Jessica crazy and bravely she went to Yuri room. Knocking and open the door, she see Yuri in front of her smiling.

“What happen? It’s pretty late” it’s seemed Yuri just finished showering, her hair still wet and her white shirt make Jessica could see the outline of this famous Prince of Sone. So captive and so inhumanly perfect.

“I-I can’t sl-sleep because of storm and…could I s-sleep with y-you?” Jessica twirling her finger and refuse to look up and see Yuri face or body, make her heart beating so wildly and have this weird feeling on her heart and stomach area, she never felt something like this before even with Taeyeon.

“I’m so sorry, I should never play that kind of game and scare you like this…please come in and enjoy my room like yours!”

Without any hesitating, Jessica already dive on Yuri bed while Yuri just went to her bookshelf and take on book, sit on armchair and continue her reading time. Sensing eye on her, Yuri look up and to see Jessica looking at her.

“Why? What happen?”

Jessica pat empty space beside her, “I need my teddy bear plushy! Come here, my black teddy!!” Jessica unconsciously gives Yuri cute pout and innocent smile, Yuri just smile and walk over to Jessica.

“Am I plushy now? I’m not that black, you meanie!” when Yuri sit beside Jessica, back on headboard, Jessica immediately hug Yuri body and snuggle with it.

“You are my plushy, because you so…cute!! Anyway, why with sudden rain? I thought this hot climate country?”

“No, not really! This country can be very hot but rain fall pretty often and bit unpredictable at night, so you must be careful when you going outside! Also, we didn’t have snow but October to December rain fall almost every day and sun…we rarely got sun at that kind of months. Hm, why? Did you like my bracelets?” Yuri ask when Jessica playing with her bracelet. Simple bracelet with her name engraves on it.

Still playing with bracelets, “What the writing in there?”

“My name…Kwon Yuri, do you like it? I can make it for you, more girly one and also we can add flower and the butterfly for cute extra? Mine pretty plain and all!”

“I want this one, the one you wear right now” Jessica know that’s being rude and childish but Yuri didn’t even mind it, she know from Yuri expression that broke into big wide smile.

“Okay, I give it to you as our friendship token!!”

--

Is it love? If you feel the same way, is it a beginning?

My heart keeps saying it loves you

It screams out for the whole world to hear

Why has it taken so long for me to hear it~?

We’ve finally met… finally found love

They become closer like best friends, but are this just friendship? Every single things they do, is it just how normal friends show each other? Cooking breakfast every morning like how newlywed do, calling each other with nickname Yul for Yuri and Sica for Jessica, watching movie and cuddling together, take lot of selca together, hugging each other or kissing on forehead and nose…is it just friendship and nothing more?

Like today, they decide to play at beach, private beach. “Let’s walk along to that cave! I want to show you something nice!!” Yuri said while pointing one cave at the end of beach, pretty far.

“But that’s so far away, Yul!!!”

“Don’t worry, I come prepare!!! The white horse, favorite of all girls in this world is here!!! This is the best horse that I have, you can ride it and I will hold the reins for you also walking beside you!! Come on, don’t be shy!!!”

“I’m not going to ride it alone!”

“What should we do? I don’t have other horse that I can ride…”

In the end, Yuri ride behind Jessica holding her waist protectively. Walking in slow place, because Jessica wants to see the scenery and all. it’s rare for her to see white sand blue beaches in Korean and right now she just like a Princess with her Prince, Yuri just enjoy it because it’s been a while since she spent with someone like this.

 

Piggy back Jessica when they decide today is the day they will swim at beach instead swimming pool. Even at beach they keep clingy into each other, Shinyoung just do some recording because she thinks this like in movie.

“The waves! The waves come!! Yuri jump!!!” 

“Jump? Right now? Okay!! Urrpphh!!” while Jessica still on Yuri back, like koala Yuri do some jump to avoiding the waves. Jessica laughing merrily when the wave come to hit Yuri face.

“Aigo! Let me wipe it for you!!”

When they tried from playing, they rest under beach parasol which is providing by Shinyoung. Yuri already took light nap, while Jessica enjoys the drink. She watches over her shoulder to see Yuri sleeping face, smile by herself slowly Jessica laying her body and using her arms as support. Lying on her stomach because she wants to see Yuri face more clearly this time.   

She handsome, masculine beautiful and all, different with Taeyeon, who is cute pale and innocent-like…the girl that I meet when she comes to hospital with bleeding legs and all, Taeyeon…we dating because we seem clicked a lot and I do found her cute but lately our relationship become very…bland and all

I wonder why? Question like why when I’m with Taeyeon I never feel like thousand million of butterfly come and dancing at my heart? Why when I’m with Taeyeon…the time seem went so slower and with Yuri time went so quick and I yearns for time to stop?

Why when Taeyeon disappear…I didn’t feel sad but feel betrayed? Why is that if I imagine that Yuri will be gone after the end…I so scared? Feels like my whole body being thrown into empty space…dark space that you couldn’t even found place for steeping, no gravity, no air but I didn’t die yet, no light but I still can see myself but not the other things surround me…why?

I guess I already fall out for Taeyeon since long time ago but I can’t forgive her so I continue chasing her…what’s the reason for me to searching Taeyeon? Why I forget that so easily?

Why I forget easily the reasons why I come here and dare to think that everything is alright if I don’t stop Taeyeon wedding? As long as I have this person beside me…everything it’s okay? Why I dare to think something like that?

Why I think something like that because I should never think her more than best friends and step stone so I can stop Taeyeon wedding? She just someone that I need to be friend so I can get out from here and earn her help

Or was it?

Night time, Jessica watching small rain from her room window. Today Yuri locked herself into her office because someone name with Sooyoung sent Yuri lot of data that Yuri need to take care off. Yuri even skips the dinner because of being busy. But Jessica asks Shinyoung to give Yuri dinner and forcing Yuri to eat, she is after all still a doctor.

Well, once in a while you can hear her cursing on Sooyoung or Hyoyeon…she seems energetic!

Jessica just chuckle and looking at her own reflection by dark window, then she sighed. Slowly she traced her own reflection. She changes a lot now, she change but she didn’t want to return to her old self, she afraid so much but she didn’t know why she afraid…

Look at you Jessica…your cold mask now gone just because you spent almost two weeks with Yuri…

The cold smile, blank eye, stoic face, sharp piercing eye…now it’s gone…even when you with Taeyeon, you never laugh like when you with Yuri, just what happen to you? When did you change?

Since I meet the Prince of Sone, Kwon Yuri

Did you fall for her persona? Did you fall in love with her? Did you fall in love with the untouchable Prince of Sone?

Because you shouldn’t, you shouldn’t…she just like perfectly shaped marble statue that made from the master carefully, so every nook and angle perfectly made, shinning with her own color…you just admire her and you can’t touch it…because afraid to contaminate her with your hand…  

Isn’t it pathetic? You can only watch it but you can’t own it…but that’s how your limit, place where your ground is…

And also, remember your condition…you are not worthy of her because you are dirty human being! Person without any shame…You are person who cover by dirt by your own action and she is…I wish she could accept me when she know about the real me…

I wish she love me like I fall in love with her and I wish she’s not disgusting be me when she know about the real me…I wish she still look at me with those kind and warm eye when she learn the truth why I want to stop Taeyeon wedding…I wish…

--

When I think about it

I realize how many moments there were when my heart trembled

I’ll try as harder as I was late in realizing my feelings

I’ll be with you, I’ll only give you fond memories

Please don’t ever leave me again

Even the shortest moments without you make me uneasy

Please stay by me

I already love you so much (you’re the only one)

Morning, Jessica learn from Shinyoung to make simple breakfast. She manages to make sandwich and a simple one but she almost cut her. Because she feel so uneasy when Yuri not beside her, even for mere a second…she want Yuri all around her.

Yuri comes to kitchen with insufficient sleep eye, “Oh, morning…did you make this lovely sandwich, Sica?”

“Yes…it’s nothing compare with yours…” Jessica tried to hide her bandage finger.

Yuri notice it and grab the injured finger, “Did you get hurt because making me this sandwich?” meek nods and Yuri sighed, she kissed the injured finger and then kiss Jessica forehead after that she pull Jessica closer to her, “Please, don’t hurt yourself, okay?”

Jessica just cutely nodding her head and sit on Yuri laps, this is the first time she sit this closer to Yuri and her heart begin so warm when Yuri scent all over her and drowning her sense with Yuri body temperature.

“Okay, let try this lovely delicious sandwich that my Sica made for me!!!” Yuri takes a bite and smile in wide smile that can spilt her face into two, “This is delicious!!”

Seeing Yuri smiling face, Jessica know she already fall into Yuri hand now…I love you Kwon Yuri, I already love you so much…it’s so scary that how you manage to do this to me even in short time…

 

Night time, they star-gazing at veranda. Lie down side by side, “You never tell me more about yourself, Yuri?”

Yuri smile at the star, “What do you want to know about me, Sica?”

Jessica softly grabbing Yuri hand and intertwined it with her own, and place Yuri hand and her own hand above her stomach. She smiles in content and slowly closing her eye, get ready to listening Yuri calming voice. “Anything, anything and everything about you!”

“What do you want to know about me beside I am a last Prince of Sone, my sibling way older than me…about six years olds and more, that my hobbies doing some exercise or anything fun and healthy, that I hate to lie and I despise someone lying to me, that I must hindering you from stopping Taeyeon marriage, that I hate Taeyeon so much that make me want to help you but I can’t do that, that if you manage to ruin that marriage you will in danger situation? That the possibility for me to fall for you and want you to fall for me instead that Taeyeon?”

Jessica just stays quiet and Yuri closing her eye, to accept what Jessica will say to her. Before Jessica could say anything, small dropped of rain fall on them. Immediately Yuri gets up and tried to protect Jessica from rain, “We should get…”

Jessica held Yuri hand and smile, “Let’s play for a while…let me get the taste of Sone rain night! Come on, play with me!”

Letting her body being pulled, Yuri just smile at Jessica, they dancing without any music but the sound of the rain till the rain getting heavier. They stop and take a shelter, “That rain really…Jessica!!!!” Jessica fall to Yuri arms, seem faint and her body become bit hot. Hoist Jessica body, “Shinyoung-ah!! Call our doctor and prepare some towel, help me change Jessica clothes!! Quick!!!”

Shinyoung the one who change Jessica clothes while Yuri waiting for doctor, when the doctor come Yuri sit in front Jessica room with worried expression. While Shinyoung standing beside Yuri with unreadable expression, till she said one thing.

 “I…think she had the right to stop the wedding, if my guess is right!” with that she went to kitchen to get something drink or eat for Jessica.

“Pregnant?” Yuri stared at the doctor with disbelieve eye, while the doctor that actually Yuri older sister, Boa just staring at Yuri face.

“Yes, about three months. She just exhausted and stay under the rain for too long. Now she get some fever, but don’t worry because the baby okay and also the mother. The medicine, I already told Shinyoung about it and also…what’s with your face now?” Boa just sighed and shaking her head slowly, “Just do me a favor, let’s Shinyoung who take care of Jessica!”

So then, Yuri just sits on living room with eye looking at document in front of her. “You are not going to see her? She will ask for you when she wakes up!”

Without turning her head, “If I see her now, who know what kind of impolite word that I will use to her? Knowing my temperament and my weakness to handle situation that I hate, I become ‘scary’ and making something become uncomfortable, right Shinyoung-ah?”

“Although that is your second reasons, instead the main reasons. It’ll better if she never seen you face if you keep this kind of expression on your face like right now, so please…Your Royal Highness the Prince, after you change your expression, you can’t see her!”

 

-------------

To Be Continue

Don't forget to give me some comment or anything!