Flowers Bloomed ;

She's Got You High

Bom Bom Bom , or Spring Spring Spring !  So long, snow. So long, ice scrapers and road salt. Today marks the first day of spring. The first day of spring is called the vernal equinox. What does that stand for you ask? ‘Vernal’ is Latin for spring while ‘equinox’ is Latin for ‘equal night’. The idea that the first day of spring is exactly 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness rarely works. There is always a time when it is exact, but experts say it usually occurs before the vernal equinox. If you stand on the equator today, you would see the sun pass directly overhead. It only happens twice a year in spring time and autumn. Can you really stand a raw egg on its end today? Well, yes. But, most experts say if you are patient enough, you can stand an egg on its end any day. But that's not the point . The point is Spring is here and its my favorite season of all !

The first spring flowers are typically daffodils, dandelions, lilies, tulips, iris and lilacs to name a few. I always like to imagine the flowers as dancers . The tulips will be the main dancers of course since they had these silky skirt-like petals to start with . The lilacs are pretty much younger ballerinas who only learnt the basic steps of ballet but tried really hard not to show it . Dandelions are the soft graceful dancers that you know has natural talents and does so little to even correct their dance moves because what's there to correct when everything they do is stunning ? Lilies would be the avant-garde dancers that's more on the theaterical side of the town . They're not afraid to show their true colors and sorta like a chameleon themselves . And then there's the Iris . Just an okay dancer , could do better but really , what's the use ? Which I am , an Iris . Me . 

It was when my mother would take me to gardens that I started to imagine those kind of stuff and where I had met the wonderful boy name Zelo . We argued on the topic whether roses are considered as a spring flower and I was against it although I was feeling like a betrayer because rose is my favorite flower and always had been till now . I remembered apologizing to the roses I grew at the backyard for saying bad things about them . Gotta love 'em childhood memories , right ? I took myself the liberty to visit my favorite spring garden on my own . I had my lomo camera all polished up and started to snap some pictures . They were still dancing in my head and if you look closely with an opened mind , you can see them dancing too , in their own way . 

"It's funny how they look as if they're dancing ," the person beside me said . It gave me a shock as I wasn't even aware there was anyone near me . I took my eyes out from the camera and was surprised that it was Zelo . " The flowers , I mean ," he added . I was slightly confused on how he would be thinking the same thing but I remembered that I told him about it a few years before he moved . He picked a dandelion and said that it reminds it of me . " You see , people can only see the beauty of a flower but not a dandelion . Once you pick it , you blow the florets to the ones you love . So they can have their beauty instead and that's pretty selfless to me " , he said and gave me the completely dandelion . I asked him what I should do with the now dandelion . He took it out of my hands and place it on top of my ear and chuckled the word "lovely" . 

We trailed along the garden and occasionally had a few stops so I can snap a couple of photos or would I say memories now that someone is accompanying me ? I was still trying hard to grasp whether this is considered a date or a hang out but to be on a date , one would have to be asked out on a date . So I figured that I would not think about it too much and enjoy the company he had offered . We both would trade facts about the flowers we encountered along the way and I finally revealed about my long lost dream to become a botanist and study the science of flowers and he told me he wanted to be a nature photographer and was completely bewildered at how I was the one who brought a camera and not him . I gave him my lomo camera to borrow so he can at least feel useful . I didn't mind as the flowers was keeping me busy with their graceful dancing . 

I could honestly say that I had spent the whole day at the garden with Zelo by doing nothing but taking pictures of flowers and talking about them . It was almost crazy on how much we both know about the beauty of flowers but it was almost heartbreaking on how it was the only topic we could discuss . I wanted to know more about him but I just didn't know how and I had a feeling that he wasn't ready to tell me . I would'nt want to rush anything because I understand and he wasn't the only one who's holding a secret . I still haven't told him about how I am completely anti-social and have zero friends other than him and the flower dancers . The more I think about it , the more ashamed I felt . Zelo must've read my thoughts and said " I'm sure glad that you're my friend I'm almost sure that I don't need anyone else ," and gave me a soft smile . That eased my heart a little bit and I couldn't thank him for that . 

He walked me home but wouldn't stop taking pictures of me . " I'd appreciate it if you would take pictures of something more worth it , Zelo " , I said while blocking the lens with the palm of my hands . " But you're worth a whole lot more to me " , he said . I looked into his eyes as if searching for a confirmation if he really meant what he said or was it just something to ease my heart . Heartbreaking news , I haven't found a clue . He had always have a habit of walking with our hands intertwined since we were kids . I didn't even took it as anything when I was a kid but as you grow up you started to feel things . Hormones , right ? Gotta love 'em . 

" Somehow I knew you'd be there at the garden , Hayi " , he said and gently squeezed my hand . It's funny how I had a feeling he would somehow show up too today at the garden , although with a much more grand entrance like maybe with a caramel machiato and blueberry muffin ? My stomach started to rumble and it was somewhat hummiliating to have him hear it that my cheeks turned cherry red after that . He started to laugh and offered to grab some coffee before I head back and I nodded as an agreement . We knew where we were going to and I guess you all would know too . Rose cafe , of course .

He asked me to take a seat and he assured me that he knows my usual and would come back in a jiffy . Only jiffy would take approximately 15 minutes as the line was slightly longer than usual . He came back with a cup of iced lemonade , for me , a chocolate chip frapuchino , for him , blueberry muffins and cinnamon rolls . " I told you I knew your favorites " , he chuckled . He handed me my caramel machiato and I took a sip . It was heavenly . " How come you never introduced me to your friends , Hayi ? I'd love to meet them someday " , he said innocently . I took another sip before answering , " Isn't it clear ? I have none but don't pity me . I chosed this road myself ." I took a giant bite of the blueberry muffins . 

He smiled and said , " That's completely fine . I have someone I want you to meet . Tomorrow , 10 am and wear something nice ."

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

author's note : how are you guys doing ? So sorry for the delay I had a writer's block for a few months ? lol . Anyways I had this juice of creativity in the middle of the night while blasting to lee hi's album and its 3:52 am in the morning so I'm just gonna let you guys enjoy this . auww yes you so nastyyyyy . So let me know what you guys thought about this chapter ! Who do you think Zelo's going to introduce to Hayi next chapter ? Was Zelo really trying to convey his love towards Hayi or did she misintepret the signals ? Stay tuned .

xoxo