Prologue

She's Got You High

The sun had set and its only the two of us in this walking memory playground . Each step we made , each words we said , each actions we made , reminded us of the old us . The carefree little Zelo and Hayi . The little kids who would pretend they were ruling the "kingdom" with their handmade crowns ( flowers that were sewned together to create a crown ) . Such witty minds they had back then but creative . They used to pretend the ants as their people and they would speak to them , asking what they want to make their kingdom a better place . 

 

" I , King Zelo , crown you as Queen Hayi and we shall rule this kingdom with cookies and apple juice ! "

" People of Zelobithia ! You shall all praise our king ! All hail King Zelo ! All hail ! "

 

" Do you remember all of those , Hayi ? You used to worship me , haish "

" Don't feel too proud about yourself there . I was just doing it for the cookies your mom always made ."

Mom . I must've forgot to tell her about mom . I must've forgot to tell her why we decided to move and all . I didnt know myself at first because I was still young at that age. She's gone . Mom's gone . I guessed it seemed easier for us to move to somewhere new and restart a new life for our family , at least I guess thats what Dad thought . But the lost of her presence had been unfelt since my sister started to take care of me but I guess it all goes the same to everyone who had lost someone . Anyone who has lost something or somebody they thought was theirs forever comes to realize that nothing really belongs to us but then again I can sum up everything I've learned about life : it goes on . 

" She left us , Hayi . She's no longer with us ." I looked up to her eyes . At first she seemed confused then she comes closer to give me a hug from my right . Her soft milky hands brushed against my neck as she tries to wraps her arms around it . 

" At least we have each other ."