Outcome

Bi’trei

 

 

"Where's the Princess?" Chaerin kept demanding as she was shoved inside one of the SUVs.

 

"The princess has been taken to safety," one of the guardians said crisply.

 

"Where's Seungri? Is he... is he alive?" It was one of the hardest questions she ever asked, but she had to know.

 

"Yes," said the guardian. "He . . . it . . . is alive." And that was all the answer she could get before they ignore her, no matter how much she argued and demanded to be released from the car.

 

Tentatively, she touched the bond between Dara and found it fragile.

 

Ji Yong glanced over Dara as she stirred. She'd been asleep and still felt groggy.

 

"How do you feel?" asked Ji Yong. His voice and his eyes peered at her with so much affection that it seemed impossible she didn't notice. But then, she was a little preoccupied right now.

 

"Tired. Worn out. Like . . . I don't know. Like I've been thrown in a hurricane. Or run over by a car. Pick something horrible and that's what I feel like."

 

He gave her a small smile and gently touched her cheek.

 

"Seungri! I need to see Seungri!" There were other guardians in the car and she glanced around at them as she speak. And no one seemed willing to acknowledge her.

 

"Why can't I see him? Why you take him away?" This was directed to anyone who would answer and at last, Ji Yong did.

 

"Because they think he's dangerous."

 

"He's not. He's just . . . He needs me. He's hurting inside."

 

Ji Yong's eyes suddenly went wide, his face filling with panic. "He's not . . . You aren't bond to him, are you?"

 

Dara shook her head slowly. "No . . . I just know. When I . . . when I healed him, we had this connection and I felt it. What I had to do . . . I can't explain it." She run her hand through her hair, frustrated that she couldn't put her magic into words. Weariness was starting to overtake her.

 

"They think he's dangerous," Ji Yong repeated gently.

 

"He's not!" Dara glared at the people around her trying to convince them.

 

"Princess," one of the guardians speak uneasily, "no one really knows what happened. You can't be sure that..."

 

"I am sure!" she said in loud voice. Sound like a royal, commanding type. "I know. I saved him. I brought him back!"

 

The guardians all looked uncomfortable, not speaking. They were just confused and really, how could they not be? There was no precedent for this.

 

"Shh," Ji Yong said putting his hand on hers. "There's nothing you can do until we're back. You're still hurt and exhausted....it's written all over you."

 

Dara knew he was right. She was hurt and she was exhausted. That magic had ripped her apart. "I need to see him," she said.

 

"You will," Ji Yong said sounding more certain. "But just try to rest now."

 

"I can't," she said even while stifling a yawn.

 

Smile flickered back across his lips and he slipped his arm around her pulling her as close as the seat belts would allow. "Try," he told her.

 

She rested her head against his chest. Worry and concern for Seungri still coursed through her, but her body's needs were stronger for the moment. At last, she drifted into sleep in Ji Yong's embrace, just barely hearing him murmur, "Happy Birthday."

 

Twenty minutes later the convoy arrived. Chaerin shot out of the car and tried to race to....well she wasn’t sure where. Wherever Seungri was.

 

"No." It’s was her Commander, firmly putting a hand on her shoulder.

 

"I have to see him!" she exclaimed, trying to push past but this man just like a brick wall.   "You have to tell me where he is."

 

To her surprise he did tell her. "Locked away. Far, far out of your reach. Or anyone else's."

 

"But I have to see him," Chaerin said.

 

Her Commander shook his head and she can see that he actually was exhausted. "No one knows what he is" he continue "and until we do, he has to stay locked up while we examine him."

 

Examine? She didn't like the sound of that. It made Seungri seem like a lab animal.

 

"Then I need to see Princess Dara."

 

"They had taken the Princess to the medical center for treatment which she needs very badly. You can't go there," he added anticipating her response.

 

"Then what the hell am I supposed to do?"

 

"Go get some sleep." He gave her a wry look. And that was that. The dismissal in his voice was clear but what was she supposed to do? Was he crazy? How could she sleep?