Chapter 1

Love is in the Air

It's Valentine's Day. One of your worst days had come. You woke up, tired and cranky. You grabbed your phone on the nightstand to see if you got any new messages. You received one new message. It's from your best friend, Kylie.

From Kylie

Ewwie...it's valentine's day. That means that we'll see couples being fluffy and crap. Anyways, I'll see you later at school :D Bye~

You smiled and texted her back.

From Layla

Lol...i know. I hate it. Yeah i'll see you later~

You pressed send and prepared to go to school.

 

30 minutes later...

 

You went downstairs and was greeted by your parents. When you sat down, you were greeted by a stack of pancakes with slices of strawberries sprinkled on whipped cream drizzled in chocolate.

"Hi Layla, how was your sleep?" she asked.

"Good I guess," she replied.

"Honey I know today is not your best day, but can you at least smile?"

"Sure," you gave her your brightest smile but it returned to a blank and emotionless face.

"That's better," she said.

"Whatever," you mumbled. After you ate breakfast, you  grabbed your bag, put on your shoes and walked to school.

 

At school...

 

When you arrived, you saw Kylie leaning against the school gates. When she saw you, she waved and ran up to you.

"Hey Layla, I was waiting for you," she said.

"Oh, well you know, on this day, I'm slower than usual," you answered monotonously.

"Yeah and you're cranky too," she pointed out.

"Yah! I'm not cranky!"

"You're being cranky right now."

"Whatever," you giggled and both of you proceeded to the school doors. You parted ways and went to you first period classes. "I can't wait until this day is over," you thought to yourself.

 

For some reason, school is going by fast. It's already your last period class before you go home. You go inside and sit down. Last period's class always brightened up your day. It's because of a special someone. That special someone is Kai. Kai is a junior, just like you, except he's popular. All the girls fall for him. But for some reason, he doesn't date anyone. He is single and stayed single for all of his life. He didn't even date the queenkas of this school. You loved him so much. But you doubt yourself and laugh and the thought of you and Kai dating, which is impossible. You were about to daydream more about Kai until the school bell interrupted your thoughts. You quickly got up and walked out of the classroom. While you were walking to your locker, a happy, giggly, and bubbly Kylie approached you.

"Whoa, Kylie. You're normally not happy on this type of day. What happened?" you asked her.

"Okay, so you know my crush right?" she asked.

"Um yeah he's Logan," you responded.

"Yeah so," she giggled and tried yo contain herself. "He asked me out!"

"No way."

"Yes way."

"Great, I'm happy for you," you gave her a reassuring smile, but that smile turned into a small frown.

"Hey Layla, what's wrong?"

"It's just that," you paused, "everybody, including you, has someone to go out with and I have no one." Suddenly, a smile was creeping on Kylie's face. you noticed this and gave her a weird look. "Kylie, why are you smiling?"

"I can't tell you. It's a secret," she giggled more. "Just go to your locker and you'll see what I mean."

"Okay..." you walked to your locker and you were in shock. You saw flowers and love notes all over your locker. You carefully peeled off one of the notes and you read it. It says:

Dear Layla,

Happy Valentine's Day!

Love, your secret valentine

Your eyes widen at this and you turn back to Kylie.

"Kylie, you knew about this?" you asked.

"Yeah I kind of did," she admitted.

"Can you tell me who my secret valentine is? I want to thank him."

"Okay, um, he's right behind you." You gave her a confused look before turning around. You didn't expect him to be your secret valentine. Behind you stood no other than Kai, holding a bocquet or roses and smiling at the expression on your face.

"K-K-Kai? You're my secret valentine?" you ask.

"Y-yeah," he stuttered, which made you chuckle at his cuteness.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Anyways, I've been meaning to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Will you go to the Valentine's Day dance with me?" Your eyes widen at his request, which made me chuckle.

"Yes, yes I will," you answered.

" Okay, I'll pick you up at 7," he said. He kissed your forehead and walked out the school doors. You turn back to Kylie.

"Whoa there, it looks like you're going to faint," she stated.

"I think i might," you joked.

"Come on, let's go to the mall and get you a dress for your night with Kai.

"Okay i guess." Both of you left school and headed towards the mall.

 

At the mall...

 

"How about this one," you ask Kylie. You and her have been at the mall for an hour already and you are still finding dresses to wear. You showed her this dress:

"Too plain," she deadpanned.

"Okay." You looked through the hangers full of dresses. "What about this one?"

 

"Too dull," Kylie said.

"Okay I'll be right back."

 

5 minutes later...

 

"Okay how about this one," you say.

"Now that's the one," Kylie said.

 

At home...

 

Kai is waiting for you outside of your house. It's already 7. He's looks like this:

He has something in his pocket but he is waiting for the right time. Suddenly, he see's your door open and you emerge looking like this:

{A/N: Layla's hair is black}

"Wow, Layla, you look beautiful," Kai commented. You blushed at his compliment,

"Thank you Kai. You look handsome," you reply.

"Thanks. Uh should we get going?"

"Sure." Kai opens the car door for you. Once you have seated, he sits on the driver's seat and drives to school, where the party is at.

 

At the party...

 

You and Kai arrive at the party. Once you get inside, you hear the music blasting and you see people dancing. You felt all eyes on you right now. Thankfully, Kai was there and put a protective arm around your waist, signallin the pther boys at the party that Layla's is his'. A few minutes later, you see Kylie and Logan on the dancefloor. You walk up to Kylie.

"Hey," you say.

"Oh my god Layla, you look so cute," she said.

"Thanks, you too."

"Ooh, I see your lover boy there looking handsome."

"I'm should ask the DJ for a slow dance song. Oh my god it's going to be perfect," she squealed.

"Don't do tha-," but she already left.

"Crap," you say to yourself.

 

A few minutes later...

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, it's time to take it slow. Now's your chance to have that special dance with that special someone," the DJ announced.

Christina Perri - A Thousand Years

The song was playing and you see Kai approaching you.

"May I have this dance?" he asked.

"Of course," you say. Both of you make your way to the dancefloor. At first, both of you were awkward. Then, Kai puts his arms around your waist and you wrap his arms around his neck. Both of ou sway to the music, feeling the rhythm. Kai looks at you in your eyes. You blush and hide your face.

"Don't hide your beautiful face Layla," Kai said at a volume only you could hear. You lifted you head up and you met eyes with him. He lifted your chin and slowly leaned in. You now what was happening. You slowly closed your eyes and waited. His lips suddenly pressed on yours. His lips were soft and sweet. Both of you slowly part. Kai looks into your eyes again. "I love you."

"I love you too," you say. You buried your face into his neck and inhaled his manly fragrance. For the rest of the song playing, you and Kai stayed like that. When the slow song ended, you can easily hear Kylie squealing with joy. For the rest of the night, you, Kai, Kylie, and her date partied hard.

 

At home...

Kai dropped you off at your house. The party was finally over. Kai opened the door for you as you stepped out.

"I guess this is goodbye," you say,

"Yeah, i have one more thing to ask you," Kai said.

"What is it?" Kai reached for something in his pocket and in his hand was a velvet box. He handed it to you and you opened it. It was a half heart necklace:

 

"Will you be my girlfriend Layla?" he asked. You look up at Kai. You could feel the tears escaping your eyes. "Well will you?"

"Y-yes," you say. You pulled him to you and hugged him. You pull away and Kai reaches for the necklace. He pulls it out of the box and he pulls them apart, making them seperate. He puts the blue piece on you and you put the silver piece on his neck.

"So, i guess it's official," he says.

"Yeah, I guess so," you say.

"So, um I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay."

"Okay, by-," you cut him off with a peck on the lips. You pull away.

"Bye Kai," you say, smiling. You walk to the front door of his house and you go inside. "Today has been officially the best day of my life," you say to yourself.

 

A/N: Did I do awful? This is my first one-shot on AFF ;-; Please comment below on your opinion so i can write better in the future :)  I'm thinking about writing a fanfic but school is coming up so I don't know :|