"I see you, you ert!"

Drabble

Sungmin inhales and allows the cold air to prick at his lungs and over his soft moonlight skin with its icy fingertips. He walks briskly; his Converses thudding softly against the concrete, inhaling the fresh scent of the river, as he stares up into the night sky. It was always so peaceful to look at the stars and reflect upon how far he had come, and how insignificant he still remained when compared to nature.

He looks forward at the suspicious figure lower down on the trail and his breathing stops. His hands clench and his body tenses with slight panic, in case of a sudden sprint. He took these midnight walks not only for when he needed to get away from the chaos in the dorms and his mind, but specifically at midnight to prevent anyone from recognizing him. He'd rather be taken as a trouble maker than Super Junior's Lee Sungmin when his heart was heavy. It hurt to smile all the time.

His eyes squint even more in the dim moonlight, trying to ascertain the level of danger he was in, mentally caluclating his distance from the nearest building. The shadow figure drops something onto the concrete and hoists itself up onto the wall that bordered the river. The figure spread its arms and jumped into the darkness below, the splash seeming too loud in the silence of the night.

Sungmin races to the edge of the wall where the figure previously stood, his heart pounding in his chest. He couldn't let someone commit suicide while he was around. There's always a way to make it out.

He slips off a shoe and his pink ankle sock, eyes bright with anxiety and fear, searching the water for any sign of life. He struggles to remove the other shoe, but his hands fall haphazardly and his breath catches as the figure surfaces from the depths and stands in the waist high, inky expanse of water.

The moonlight illuminates her skin, giving it an ethereal glow. His eyes are wide, and transfixed on her, as the image of a mermaid, a temptress of the deep crept into his head. The blood slowly seeps into his face, tainting his cheeks a burning red, as he realizes that she's clad in only her swimsuit, that stood stark red against her clear ivory skin.

"Such a beautiful person....."

His voice escapes in a rushed breath and his eyes widen in fear as  she turns to stare in his direction. He drops and crouches behind the wall, tightly holding his knees to his chest. He mentally berates himself for gaping at the girl and getting caught.

"Shoot! She heard me??"

"Who's there??"

 Her voice rings out firm into the night, and Sungmin cringes hoping for the chance to sneak away without her hearing. What the heck kind of hearing did she have anyway? He peeks out from behind the wall when all goes quiet, looking for his midnight siren. He sees no one and raises up from kneeling. His breath comes loud as he sighs in relief, closing his eyes. That was too close. He could've gotten himself in trouble for a moment there.

"I see you, you ert!!"

The voice sounds nearer and much angrier as his eyelids flutter open the way they always did, not matter what situation. Despite his being a martial artist, he couldn't dodge her surprise pebble missile attack with deadly aim.

"AISH!"

"YES!!"

Sungmin falls over with the shock and instant pain from the impact to his forehead, and sprawls on the ground in a daze.. Was the night always so...starry? So many stars..... Pretty pretty stars.... OOOH.....

He shakes his head, eyes shut tightly and slowly sits up. He watches the blurry, agile, surprisingly tiny figure spring over the wall, towel and all, run to him.

"What kind of a man are you? ert!! Leave before I theow these at you again!" she threatened, with a fistful of pebbles. She glares at him, her eyes alight with certain menace and promising pain if he tried anyrthing on her. She scans his face and sees the swollen bump on his forehead and his dazed look.

Surely this man couldn't be a creep.... He was...too cute. Too...innocent looking. Too.....something.. Something she liked though. Surely if he wanted to attack her, he'd have done it already, right?

This man.... he's not...

Her eyes search him further and imprints his feature into her memory. This man..... He was beautiful....

She avoids staring at his wide eyes and his slightly pouting lips and quickly clears , swearing that he heart was beating so quickly. Surely he can hear it, right? Oh... why did he have to be so....

His eyes widen as he looks at her as she kneels and moves to touch his forehead, his consciousness returning from swimming with the stars. Oh please please don't let her be one of those over zealous fangirls or he'd be done for.....

She touches it gently and gasps barely audiblly, but still he heard her. It was exactly the same thing out of his mouth. The way she touched his skin sent thousands of electric jolts running through both his and her nerves. They stare at each other, bright eyes against wide ones, unsure of what else to do, and unwilling to do anything else.

Thank the heavens he can't read my mind.....

Thank Shisus she doesn't seem to know who I am...

Her fingertips still lay against his forehead and they slowly become aware of their staring. She pulls her hand away quickly, the blush painting scarlet on her face. Her voice comes softly as she stares at his hand instead.

"I'm sorry that I hurt you..."

"I'm fine. I'm sorry for scaring you, miss."

She chuckles and stares him square into the big dark orbs, her voice feisty and joking:

"Now you know not to do it again, or I might really hurt you next time!"

She smiles kindly and his heart thuds at the sight. She was.... cute, yes, but there was something in her that he liked.... she was so genuine with him. She was joking with him....

Yah, she'll hear my heart just now! Relax Sungmin....relax!

"Let me help you up."

She grips his hand firmly and he becomes less stunned at the missile, and more stunned at her impossible strength for such a petite girl, as he allows her to pull him up.

Stop staring at her, you creep or she'll really think you're a ert! His inner voice chided him, and strangely, it always seem to sound like Kyu. But for the life of him he couldn't stop looking at her. Her eyes showed... genuine concern for him, genuine warmth......

She moves to pull her hand away, but his holds hers steadfast. His grip is light but she can feel the softness and the warmth of it, and damnit if she could say she didn't like it. She shivers and watches him with wide eyes, slightly afraid, but instantly put at ease with the warmth in his. She clutches her towel even tighter artound her as the blush deepens and extends down her neck.

He like it. Aish, she looks so cute when she blushes..... if he's the aegyo king, she must e the aegyo queen, surely it was impossible for anyone to be so....cute... But then again. they said the same things about him, didn't they?

She shakes his hand, her grip slowly tightening, and he smiles softly at the way her small, soft hands feel in his.

"I'm Park Misun.... Misun-ah....if you want, that is..."

He couldn't help but smile at the way she looked at him almost hopefully, with her name as an unsaid invitation for friendship, and maybe perhaps something more, his heart dared to hope. He brings her milky white knuckles to his soft lips and whispers against them, aware of her sudden gasp.

"Misun-ah, my name is Lee Sungmin."