Five years.

We’re not broken, just bent.

            Himchan sat down on his usual place in his favorite coffee shop. By the shop’s corner, by the big glass door, with a cup of his favorite Americano in hand, everything felt the same. Everything, but one thing didn’t.

            She wasn’t there with him.

            Himchan remembered every single detail of the day they met. It was just a few minutes, seconds maybe, but it was perfect. He never forgot her beautiful voice that sounded like music to his own ears. He never forgot how perfect her hair looked, how she looked weird yet adorable in the baggy shirts she always wears.

            She was different. And that made Himchan think she was interesting. And she was.

            Cliché as it was, the way they met was a complete stereotype. It could happen to anybody. Yet again, Himchan remembered how tingly he felt when she poked him by the arm. It was the first interaction they had and yet Himchan felt like she knew her for years. Himchan remembered how she was acting all serious and prominent as she said, “Sir, we’re closing the shop,” making Himchan happy yet sad every single time he thought of it.

            Ever since that fine Saturday evening, Himchan managed to stop by the coffee shop every single day not only to have his dose of Americano, but also to get to see her. Jeon Hyosung. With eyes perfectly shaped like crescents, Himchan thought he’d go crazy jut by seeing her smile.

            Days continued to pass and Himchan and Hyosung got a lot closer. They knew more of each other, realizing they had the same likes and dislikes. Somehow, only Hyosung could make Himchan laugh, and he does the same to her. He loves it when he’s certain that he’s the reason of Hyosung giggling right in front of him.

            There are even some times where it would be Hyosung’s day off from work but she still went to the coffee shop with Himchan. They weren’t really in a relationship yet, but they were happy with each other’s company, and that’s when Himchan decided to ask her.

            And she said yes.

            Himchan felt like the happiest man in the world to call Hyosung “his”. He loved the fact that he could hold her hand and kiss her forehead without the people questioning them. He loved the fact that they could go to normal dates, may it be a trip to the park or a dinner at a restaurant.

            Everything felt perfect until one day, Himchan had to leave. He had to go to France to study, and as much as he wanted to go, he wanted to stay. He knew he couldn’t leave Hyosung behind, and he loved her more than he ever could, but he needed to go.

            On the day of his flight, Himchan saw a crying Hyosung by the airport entrance. It wasn’t for five minutes until Himchan’s flight, so he ran to her and hugged her tightly, her head fitted perfectly on his chest with his arms covering her.

            “Hyosung, you know I never wanted to leave,” Himchan said in a soft whisper as he felt himself tearing up. The sight of Hyosung crying shattered his heart in a million pieces. He couldn’t handle seeing her like this. He couldn’t believe that he, Kim Himchan, Hyosung’s reason to smile, was now the reason for her sadness.

            Sobbing, Hyosung looked up at Himchan. “Yes,” she paused, then continued, “but you have to.” This was exactly what Hyosung dreaded when it comes to the relationships – having to let go. She, of course, didn’t want to see Himchan leave, but like she said, he has to.

            “I never wanted to leave you.” Himchan felt tears stream down his cheeks as he mentioned those words. He pulled in Hyosung closer to him. Closer to his heart. He could still hear her sobbing, which broke his heart even more. Himchan started to run his hands along Hyosung’s back. “I never wanted to lose you.”

            Trying to collect herself, Hyosung wiped her tears away and smiled at Himchan. He knew she was just trying hard to smile, her lips trembling was an evidence for that, but still Himchan found her exceptionally beautiful. “We have to end our relationship, Himchan.”

            Himchan wanted to scream to the top of his lungs when he heard Hyosung say those words. “But don’t get me wrong,” Himchan was about to speak when Hyosung cut him off with what she just said. “I never wanted to lose you, too, believe me. But let’s end this. Let’s not keep promises. They’re just meant to be broken. Let’s end our relationship...”

            There was silence.

            “...but let’s not end our love.”

            More tears went down Himchan’s face as he heard Hyosung’s trembling voice. Of course they wouldn’t end their love. Never have, never planned to, and never will. Just after a few moments, they heard the passengers for Himchan’s flight being called.

            Himchan and Hyosung both broke away from the hug. Hyosung smiled as he kissed her forehead, a kiss so respectful yet so sweet. “I love you,” Himchan told her. Trying hard not to cry even more, Hyosung replied, “I love you more.”

            Turning around, Himchan started to walk away with a heavy heart. He turned to look at Hyosung, who was waving her hand to him. Still, she was wearing her usual baggy shirt and shorts getup. The look that Himchan would miss.

            It was the last time he saw Hyosung smile.

            Four years passed and Himchan was more than excited as he boarded the plane back to Seoul. He wanted to see Hyosung again, deciding seeing her personally was a lot better than only hearing her voice through phone calls whilst he was in France. They tried to video call, but it didn’t work. Himchan didn’t want Hyosung staying up late just for him.

            And now here he was, the first night he’s back in Korea. Unfortunately, Himchan didn’t hear from Hyosung as soon as he arrived. But he never doubted her. He knew, just like they said years ago, their love would never end.

            So Himchan tried his last hope of seeing her. He went straight to the coffee shop, sitting down on his usual place. Drumming his fingers on the table, he sipped his Americano. He was in the middle of drinking his coffee when someone poked his arm.

            “Sir, we’re closing the shop.”

            Himchan’s heart started to beat faster. He placed his cup back on the table and excitedly turned around, and there she was. She still had the same smile that Himchan never forgot.

            “Hyosung.”

            Himchan’s face relaxed to a smile as Hyosung sat down in front of him. Speechless, Himchan just stared at her. He realized he missed her more than he thought. Her eyes, her hair. Her everything. Himchan quickly got her hand and squeezed it.

            “You’ll never know how much I missed you,” Himchan told her.

            She started to tear up again, but this time not because of sadness. “Why didn’t you tell me you’re already home?” She smiled at him. “I could’ve prepared. I could’ve take the day off so we could go—”

            “Shush,” Himchan cut her off. “As long as I’m with you, everything’s perfect.”

            Hyosung was at a loss of words. She also couldn’t believe that he was there. He, whom she thought would never come back. He, whom she truly and only loved.

            “Shall we...start over?” Himchan broke the silence, remembering what happened back at the airport a few years ago. He remembered every word, every single bit of it.

            Hyosung’s smile got brighter. “Why should we restart something that never ended?”

            And she was right. Silence prevailed between the both of them, just the way they liked it. They stared at each other, enjoying each other’s company.

            With that, Himchan was certain. Everything was still the same.


It was lame. ;~~~; thanks for reading though. :)

and can I request something? if you happen to have a tumblr account, and if you're a secret/bap fan,

please follow the tumblr blog my best friend and i started just today.

click here to see! thankyouuu :*