Three

I Love You, Amber

 

Amber got out from the car and waved at Henry when Henry started the car to drove away. She stood for a moment as she looked towards the side of the road where Henry’s car disappeared. Now, her mind seem flying away from her body.


"Am! " Call Jane when she saw her friend standing thoughtfully by the side of the road. She went to Amber and patted her shoulder.


Amber conscious from her trance and was surprised to find Jane had been there. "Ah, Jane! " She exclaimed.


Jane rolling her eyes.. "What did you do in this kind of places and looking unconscious? “


Amber shook her head and start to walked along with Jane into their apartment. "Well, I was just thinking about something ..."


"Really? Thinking about what? "Jane asked, interested. But Amber shook her head and smiled-- refused to speak further. She then asked why Jane being outside.


"I went to the supermarket a while ago ..." said Jane. She then noticed Amber’s facial expression. There is something different, said Jane to herself.

"Did something happen when you go to Henrys? Is he finally tell you the reason why he keeping a distant from you before? "


Amber stopped in the road for a while and laughing. "You're really observant! You even remember the story about Henry, "


Jane shook her head. "Of course I remember. Your story with Henry is like a movie. You should sell your story to Hollywood! Hollywood will buy your story with high price! "Jane said jokingly.


Amber laughed  while hear her words. She laughs so hard that two men who passed them turned toward them. "Hahaha .... You're funny! I wish it is not just a delusional thought of yours! Then, I will be a billioner easily! I bet just the people like you who want to watch that kind of movies, by the way, "


"Hey, Am! I'm serious. I’m sure, anyone who hear your story, they will make the same reaction as me. " Said Jane. "But ... is it true that nothing happen? You know that you can not lie to me, Am! If you do not want to tell me now, I will continue to plester you about it until you want to confess! "


Amber laughs hearing her friends nagging. Jane is one of person that is very frontal. She still remember when they first met. At first, She thought Jane was a bit crazy. But that's what makes Amber happy be friends with Jane. They never have a secret. They tell each other and that makes it a relief because she did not have to hide anything.


"Its just… about Henry... Emm... You know that Henry already had a child, right? "Amber starts slowly. Jane nodded. "Well, I just found out that Henry's wife apparently died when giving birth to  his son. I just feel sorry for Henry ... he must have been through a lot! "


Jane stared at her friend. Amber, Jane said to herself, surely havent move on from Henry.

 

Jane then recalled the night when Amber telled her about Amber’s relatiohsip with Henry.

 

Flashback...


"Were you guys dating before? "Jane asked.


Amber who had just finished changing clothes after coming home from the dept. store stopped her movement to take a drink in the fridge. "Huh? "Amber asked, confused.


Jane who already changed her clothes, now sits in one of the chairs at the dining table. "I think you already know that I’m good at jugding people. And… from my observation when looking at the two of you, it looks like once both of you have a story in the past. " Said Jane.


Amber paused before laughing. She was really surprised with her friends ablity to read people. "Sorry, this time youre wrong! We were just a good friends before. I never dating snoopy. "


"Snoopy? Why do you call him that? Before you also called him that. Is it kind of pet names or lovers nickname?"


"What?! Are you crazy? Snoopy, violin boy, chipmunk, hamster ... I used to call him that. Its a nickname that we used when we were besfriends. "


"Really? Just friend? No more? But ... why do I feel there is a "strange atmosphere" around both of you? "


Amber is shaking her head right now. She really need to tell Jane to stop reading a lot of strange love books. She's getting more paranoid day by day. Although in this case, her instinct is true. Or it is because of her job as physician?


"Maybe its because we were fighting for a long time before ..."


"Huh? Fighting"


Amber nodded. "Back then… we were so busy, and suddenly we became distant from each other. “


Jane frowned. As for Jane point of view, Amber is not the type that would easily break friendships, especially with such a trivial reason as busy.

"It must be because of him right? He started it first… "Jane guessed.


Amber could not hide her surprise. Seeing that, Jane smiled. "Am I right? If I see your reaction, it means that It was henry who try to distant himself from you! Why did he do that? Do you know the reasons? "


Amber shook her head with a wry smile. She now leans on the refrigerator. "I do not know. Suddenly, he disappeared and did not want to take a call or my message ... I'm trying to find out why but its so hard… because he's ... well... you know, henry is really a nice person, but when he really mad… " Amber try to explain.

Jane shake her head with disbelieve."And you had greeted him happily before! You even hugged him! Are you crazy? Don’t you have a pride? If I were you, I'll definitely ignore him! "


Amber laughed. "Well, It happened a long time ago ... almost seven years ago and I'm mature enough to forgive him about that. I mean ... I just happy that I can see him again. At first, I thought I'll never have a chance to see him again. "


"Ah, so you are in love with him! "


Amber shook her head. "What? Do not joke around dude! "


Jane sighed. "Maybe not now… but before! Once you had loved him. Am I right?"


Amber looked at the blue eyes in front of her. Jane, Amber said to herself, really can read people. She nodded.


"AHA! I'm right!! So ... what happen? Did ... he reject you? "


"No… I was too coward to tell him that I love him. Maybe ... because I knew that I'm not his type. I mean ... he always see me as his friends, not more. So ... yeah ... I just buried my feeling. "


"Huh? If it is like that then why both of you have that aura before? And that "not-so-nice-auras" come not only from you but him, too! Its like he feels nervous when he met you. "


"Maybe its because his silent treatment for me before, so he kinda feels guilty.... Ahh, I do not know okay ..."


Jane nodded like a detective after getting a clue. "But I'm still curious ... why is he try to get away from you huh? Did you make a mistake before? "


Amber looked at Jane, feeling annoyed. It looks like she is getting tired to continue this conversation. "Naahhh ... I do not know. And ... I mean ... it happen years ago! But,  I guess I did not do anything bad for him that can make him angry. Arghhh ... I just do not know, okay? Can we stop talking about this topic? You already know that I hate complicated thing! And THIS! Really a complicated matter to talk about!"


Jane smiling, already realized that Amber is tired with the topic. "Okay ... do not be angry, sweetyy ... Lets stop! Hehehe, " said Jane as she realized the change in Amber's face.


"Argghhh!! God, please! Jane! Do not call me with that! "Amber said as she walked into her room with a bad mood while Jane watching her with smile in her face.

 

Flashback finish---back to present!

 

"Hey! What's wrong with you?! " Amber asked Jane, who has been kinda in trans for a while. Moreover, Jane has no idea that they have been arrived at the front door of the apartement.

"Am, can I asked you something? " Asked Jane out of the blue when they already inside their apartement.

"Yeah, whats wrong? "

"Emm... I asked you this as a friends. As your besfriends. "

"Ye-ah ? " said Amber confused.

"Do you still love Henry? "

It needs Amber a minutes to talked again. "WHAT??! "

"I asked you... do you still have a feeling for him? " repeated Jane. "And dont try to lie. I can tell when you lie to me. "

Amber paused for a moment before speak slowly. "I'm not. I'm not in love with him. "

"Really? " asked Jane looking at Amber eyes.

"Yeah! "

"Really? "

"Yes, Jane, "

Jane sigh and then smiled. "You know, Am. When I looked at you, I thought that you are not over yet with him. But... If you say that you dont love him anymore then I'm glad to hear that. I do will support you even if you choose to still love him. But, if you love him... there are a lot of thing to handle. First, you need to realize that he already has a family--his son, and he already has a wife---even if, she is died--but still, eventually his feeling for his wife is still there... do you really prepare to handle this? Second, how about your family, is it okay for them to have their daughter marry a widower with a child? Third, finish what happend seven years ago. You need to know why the hell he did that to you before. With that, your life with him will get so much easier in the future. Yeah, maybe because I'm a phshycolog so I say this to you... but really, youre my bestfriends, I dont want you to get hurt. So I need you to choose your future nicely. You need to know all the consecuence what will you get if you take one way. " Jane explain earnestly. She then smiled. "But, I'm glad that you choose to move on. "

Amber smile back to Jane. She knows that all Jane want is her to be happy. But, after hearing all Jane words... somehow she become more conscious about her condition now. Yeah... she said she already move on. Did she?... or... maybe not?

Amber repeated Jane question in her head.

Do you love henry?

Yeah, but... it happened a long time ago. Now ... they are back as friend... and her feelings for him ... her feeling ... yeah, now, they just friends and she already move on a long time ago too. Amber said to herself. Suddenly their conversation in the car crossed again. "Ah ... I think I have to tell you ..." Henry said softly. "My wife died five years ago. She died after giving birth to Jo."


Amber shook her head. "No, No ..." she said quietly as she banged her head on the door of her room.


Do not ever think about that, Amber. Amber said to herself. No, No ... she said again when she senses a bit of happiness when knowing the fact that Henry is single now. No, No ... now, they're just friends... not more ... not less ... And the picture of Henry and his four years old son pop out in her head and Jane's words also pop out... "you need to realize that he already has a family--his son, and he already has a wife---even if, she died--but still, eventually his feeling for his wife is still there... do you really prepare to handle this? "

Amber shook her head again and closed her eyes.

Yeah… he is definitely a no no.

 

 

So... how is it? I'm getting a little confused by my own story, by the way.... hahaha... please tell me your opinion about the story... your comment will help me to write the next chapter... thank you... happy reading... XD XD XD XD