Reality Bites

Girly?It's Not That Bad...

‘ This is my boyfriend. Please give us your blessings.’

THUD.

Changmin groaned as he stirred from his deep slumber because of the dull pain that he felt at the back of his head. He opened his eyes and blinked slowly, trying to adjust to the morning ray that crept in trough the curtains of his bedroom windows. He sat up carefully, cradling his head and stared sleepily at the bed that was beside him when it supposed to be under him.

He stared and stared blankly for a while until the puzzles were pieced together.

He just fallen out of bed and worse, the I’m-Kyuhyun’s-boyfriend thing was just a dream.

Changmin smiled sadly and shook his head to regain complete consciousness before getting up from his comfy spot on the floor. He trotted to the bathroom to start his day.

‘ It’s Gaeun-noona turns to cook breakfast today,huh? No need to rush...’


It was unusually noisy for the Shims household that morning. Well, they were always noisy but usually his noonas are still sleeping except Gaeun at this time of the morning. Changmin could hear his sisters talking even from upstairs.

 Changmin thought he was going to help his Gaeun-noona prepared breakfast but when he was passing Haeun’s bedroom, it was empty and his noona was nowhere to be seen. It came as a shock to Changmin since she was a heavy sleeper and needed someone else to wake her up. No one except Changmin that was brave enough to take up the challenge.

Changmin climbed downstairs still feeling strange. Along the way, he saw from up the stairs that his sisters were crowding at something or rather someone at the dining table. Even the expressionless Gaeun looked interested.

Changmin frowned. A guest so early in the morning?

“ Good morning, noonas. “ he greeted as soon as he arrived on the floor.

All of them turned to look at Changmin including the guest but Changmin couldn’t see the guest’s face properly because of his sisters that blocked the view.

“ Morning, Minnie~”

His sisters greeted back cheerfully but Changmin can feel an intimidating aura hanging in the air that made him stopped himself from approaching the crowd. He then finally noticed his sisters’ eyes. There was the predator glint in them except for Gaeun because Changmin could never tell her eyes since she was an expert at hiding her thoughts.

“ N-noonas?”

“ How could you Changminnie? Keeping things like this a secret from your beloved noonas, “ Minji rose from her seat and leered at Changmin.

“ W-what do you mean, M-Minji-noona?” Changmin gulped.

“ Don’t play dumb. We already knew about it. “ Haeun pouted as she too rose from her seat and put her hand on her hips.

Changmin looked at Gaeun for help but it looked like that sister of his was on their side this time. Gaeun was staring at him with a knowing gaze.

“ Knew about what? “

Changmin was confused. What is his sisters talking about?

 Hana was being quiet as usual but she was...smirking? Changmin fidgeted as anxiety overwhelmed him when he saw Hana’s smirk. That wasn’t a good sign coming from the shy Hana.

“ Now, now , girls. You’re scaring our cute little brother. “ Sarang chuckled as she stood and walked up to Changmin.

She patted Changmin’s head and smiled.

‘ Your eyes aren’t smiling, noonaaaa!!!’ Changmin trembled.

“ So-“ Sarang leaned and fixated a stern gaze on Changmin “ -mind to tell us more about your gorgeous boyfriend? “

“ Huh? Boyfriend? “ Changmin was dumbfounded.

Sarang pointed to the person that was sitting at the dining table beside Gaeun, enjoying the morning drama that was being played by the Shims siblings. Changmin peeked behind Sarang’s shoulder to see who was his sister pointing and immediately gasped.

“ K-KYUHYUN???!!!”

Kyuhyun waved and smirked from his seat.


It was silent. Changmin fiddled with his thumbs under the table. He suddenly found the dull floor interesting to look at.

Her sisters was staring intensely at the both of them but the person beside him could still eat breakfast calmly while Changmin felt he was ready to burst out from the house at any moment.

‘ Isn’t this supposed to be a dream?’

Changmin thought, still in a denial phase of having the great Cho Kyuhyun in his house. The said person even came as his boyfriend!

“ So, how long have both of you been going out? “

Changmin was speechless at that question. How long have they been going out? They didn’t even going out in the first place!

“ Um, that is- “

“ Yesterday. “ Kyuhyun cut him off.

Changmin whipped his head to look at Kyuhyun that was smirking oh-so-handsomely at him. He blushed and turned back his head to stare at the floor again.

“ Who confessed first? “

Minji asked, her eyes gleaming with excitement and mischief.

Again, Changmin didn’t know how to answer the question so he just kept quiet and glanced at Kyuhyun, hoping him to answer the question for him.

“ I did,“ came Kyuhyun reply that made her sisters squealed.

Changmin face became more heated and he gaped dumbly at Kyuhyun.

“ Did you guys kiss already? “ This time, it was Haeun.

Changmin perked up at the question.

“ N-noona!!! “ He shouted, face extremely red.

“ We kissed, yesterday, before I confessed to him in front of the classroom. “ Kyuhyun said nonchalantly.

“ Kyaaaa!!! So bold! OMG, Minnie!!! I’m so jealous!!!”

Haeun and Minji squealed while Changmin felt his soul was going to come out from his body with all the embarrassment he received. Living in a house that was full with hard-core fujoshis sure was tough. He needed to get out of this quickly.

“ A-ah! Look at the time! It seems that we need to be going now, Kyuhyun!”

Changmin pretended to look troubled while looking at his watch that was strapped around his left wrist. Then, he turned to look at Kyuhyun, expression almost pleading. Kyuhyun smirked mercilessly as he wrapped an arm around Changmin’s waist, pulling the latter closer to him. That made Changmin unintentionally yelped.

“ You really want to be alone with me that much,huh? “ Kyuhyun whispered huskily and nudged Changmin’s nose gently with his.

With a face that was red as a tomato, he shoved Kyuhyun away before stomping off towards the front door. Minji and Haeun were practically dying in a heap of squealing mess seeing the lovey-dovey act pulled by Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun’s lips twitched, amused by Changmin’s reaction to his teasing. He finally stood up to catch up with Changmin.

“ Thank you for having me here. I’ll take my leave. “ Kyuhyun bowed before heading to the front door in confident strides.

“ Have a nice day, you two! “

Sarang, Minji, Haeun and Hana stared dreamily at Kyuhyun’s back. Gaeun sipped her coffee, face still void of emotion.

“ Looks like the storm is coming for Changmin. “ she muttered low.


“ W-what is the meaning of that? Since when we’re going out? Y-You didn’t confess to me! The k-k-k-kiss, it was just a dream isn’t it?!”

Finishing his outburst, Changmin panted as he pointed at Kyuhyun. Right now they were in Kyuhyun’s personal car. Changmin panicked in the first place when Kyuhyun said he doesn’t have a license yet he had a car of his own. Believed him, he did try to struggle, saying that he rather walked to school but Kyuhyun just shoved him into his expensive car. Kyuhyun assured him that his family had connections so that they will not be caught.

‘ Rich brat ‘

“ Calm down, idiot. “

“ I-Idiot?!”

“ We’re going out since yesterday. How many times do you want me to make that clear? Secondly, yes, I didn’t confess to you and lastly, the kiss did happened. You fainted after the kiss and I had to brought you home. What a bother. “ Kyuhyun sighed as he drove.

“ Wha- Since when did I agree to go out with you? “ Changmin was really annoyed now.

“ You didn’t agree. I just decided that on my own. Don’t worry though. You just need to pretend. “

“ Why do I have to play along? “ Changmin ignored the clenching of his heart at the word ‘pretend’.

“ Because, I’m Cho Kyuhyun. No one defies and mess with me. Remember what happened to that new kid? “ Kyuhyun glanced at Changmin.

Changmin shuddered at the mentioned ‘new kid’. The kid only started at their school for two days before he vanished without a trace. Choi Junhong was never seen at school anymore the day after he accidentally spilled his drink on Kyuhyun. People said that Kyuhyun pulled some strings that forced the poor kid and his family to move out of the country.

“B-but why me? There’re plenty of boys or in this case girls that are better than me! “

“ First of all, girls are out of the question. I’m sick of getting slapped by those creatures that you call girls thus resulting me to start this stupid and since you were around me when I decided to stop my precious cheeks from getting anymore handprints on their smooth skin, I just grabbed you.”

Changmin looked downcast after hearing the statement. So, Kyuhyun just picked him because he happened to be there?

‘ Ouch. That stings.’

The rest of the journey was filled with silence. Changmin kept his gaze out of the window while Kyuhyun continued his driving. Changmin thought back the kiss he received from Kyuhyun. It stills lingered on his lips despite his chagrin. His first kiss unexpectedly taken by his crush himself. Changmin snorted at that.

His first kiss was taken to set up a lie.


They finally arrived at the school. All eyes were set on Kyuhyun’s expensive shiny black car as they entered the school gate. Changmin was becoming nervous with all the attention despite the tinted car windows to protect himself from being seen. He glanced at  Kyuhyun’s calm demeanour as he parked the car, ignoring the crowd that was beginning to surround them outside of the car.

Kyuhyun put off the engine and started for the door but halted his movement when he felt Changmin’s blank stares on him. He turned to the latter with raised brows.

“ You don’t expect me to open the door for you, do you? “

That managed to snap Changmin from his reverie. He scrambled  to open the door and stood outside the car. He suddenly felt small with all the judgemental stares directed at him. Thoughts swirled in his mind when he failed to notice Kyuhyun that was now standing beside him.

“ Let’s go. “

Kyuhyun tugged him by the hand and nonchalantly lead the way out of the center of the attention towards the entrance of the school building.

Changmin once again stared at Kyuhyun’s hand that was holding his. He felt surreal. Just yesterday, he was a classmate of Kyuhyun that he probably didn’t know his existence or name and now, his boyfriend?

Cho Kyuhyun’s BOYFRIEND?

Boyfriend as in that BOYFRIEND? LOVER?

Changmin pinched himself on the cheek with his free hand. It hurts.

Yup, definitely not dreaming.

Changmin sighed as he watched Kyuhyun’s back, wandering what was going to happen to him from now on.

 “ Hey “

“ Hm? “

“ Which class are you in? “

Changmin’s vein started to throb visibly on his forehead and he gritted his teeth to contain himself from smacking Kyuhyun on the head.

‘ This guy! '


Upon entering the classroom, Kyuhyun and Changmin were separated by a bunch of fangirls of their own. A panicked mother hen and a flailing dolphin as the addition to Changmin’s group of attacker.

“ Changmin, is it true you’re Kyuhyun’s boyfriend? “

 “ Minnie, you better tell us the truth!”

“ Are you gay, Changminnie? “

Changmin glanced nervously at the crowd. Jaejoong and Junsu were slowly turning light purple from the lack of oxygen, having to throw countless questions at him. He saw Kyuhyun at the farthest corner of the class with his fangirls.

‘Wow, that far? Girls are such scary creatures.’

Kyuhyun looked indifferent with all the commotion around him. More like, he tuned all of them out from his world. He stalked calmly to his seat beside the window with the noisy crowd in tow. As soon as he sat down, he looked boringly at the crowd of fangirls and opened his mouth.

“ Get lost. “ Smirk.

His fangirls abruptly became silent with those two simple words. They blinked before slowly putting their distance from the annoyed Kyuhyun. Changmin could only stared at the scene with wide eyes.

He dismissed them so easily!

Changmin was now backed up against the corner. His own crowd loomed intimidatingly over him. He started to send desperate signals to Kyuhyun, hoping the latter to somehow save him from this torture but Kyuhyun seemed to ignore him on purpose by the mocking smirk evident on his features eventhough he was not looking at Changmin.

Changmin’s left eye twitched.

Changmin finally decided to speak up against his crowd of attackers when the front door of the class situated right on Changmin’s left side slammed open to reveal a pissed young man with chestnut hair, his already small eyes squinting in irritation. He glared ferociously at the crowd that he labelled as a sore sight for his not-a-morning-person states.

“ What the are you brats brooding so early in the damn morning? “ the young man growled out.

At the sight of him, Changmin was saved as his crowd slowly dissipated to their own rightful seat. Changmin heaved a sigh of relief and silently thanked the pissed Kim Sunggyu. He got back to his seat and sat down. Jaejoong gave him a look that said:

I’m so going to attack you with my questions until I get some answers from your mouth...later.

Changmin turned his attention on the young man that was standing in front of the classroom looking like a serial killer with a pair of almost invisible eyes that was in his disguise as a teacher.

“ Now, listen up. I got a ty meating to attend to so you brats should shut the up and do your own work, SILENTLY or rot in hell or whatever. I don’t give a damn as long as you guys shut your damn trap and not give me trouble and don’t you ever move your from your seats. You got that? “

Sunggyu scanned the whole class for any signs of objection before he huffed and went out of the classroom. Not without the poor door got slammed close.

The whole class released their breath that they were holding after the retreating steps of their homeroom teacher vanished from their hearing. Sometimes they wandered how did the guy got the job as a teacher. That should be illegal with all the cursing he did as a teacher.

The students started to open their books to do some study done and Changmin was glad for that. He was grateful that he got in the special class for smart students of their batch. They did get serious when it came to studying. His and Kyuhyun’s issue were forgotten for the moment.

Or so he thought.

Changmin twitched when he felt a finger poking restlessly at his side. He glared at the one that made the assault.

“ Changmin, tell me now what happened yesterday before I go crazy and decided to strangle you to death! “ Jaejoong whispered frantically.

Changmin sighed. Should he tell him? He knew Jaejoong. The latter would never let him off the hook until he got what he wanted. He glanced at Kyuhyun that was occupied with his beloved PSP two rows from him. He looked at their surrounding before turning to look at Jaejoong.

“ Later. This recess. With Junsu.“

Jaejoong fixated a sceptical gaze on him and his lips curled up in a frown.

“ Promise. “ Changmin rolled his eyes, exasperated.

“ Fine. “ Jaejoong huffed.


“WHAT???!!!”

Changmin closed his ears at the duo’s high-pitch screeched. The bread that Junsu was holding dropped on the table while Jaejoong’s mouth that was filled with mashed bread hung open disgustingly.

“ It’s a set up? “

“ How could that be! “

Changmin held out a hand to shut them up effectively.

“ So yeah. That was pretty much the story. I’m just pretending to be his...boyfriend. “ Changmin clasped his hands together on the stone table.

Jaejoong and Junsu stared across at him with bewildered expression on their face. They were now sitting at a stone table behind the school building, their usual spot for eating and hanging out at recess.

“ Wow. We really thought the both of you are going out secretly behind us with all the sweet acts you guys pulled yesterday. “

Junsu nodded at the statement.

“ Yeah, it was heart fluttering, Minnie. With the way he carried you bridal style out of the classroom after you fainted. I want Chunnie to do that to me too. “ Junsu made a duck face.

“ He did? “ Changmin widen his eyes.

His best friends nodded before sighing dreamily, now in their own world.

Changmin felt his phone vibrated in his pocket and pulled it out to see an unknown number flickered on the screen. Changmin frowned before deciding to answer the call.

“ Hello? “

A familiar voice spoke on the other line.

“ Oi, come back to the class right now. I want you to meet some people. “

“ Kyuhyun? “

“ Well done, Sherlock. “

“ How did you get my number? “ Changmin ignored the sarcasm.

“ I got it from your cell, when you fainted. Now, hurry up. “

“ Who do you think you are to order me around like that? “ Changmin hissed through the phone.

Junsu and Jaejoong glanced at him curiously.

“ Cho Kyuhyun. Will you get your moving already? “ Kyuhyun sounded irritated.

“ Fine. “ Changmin growled out and decided to hang up when Kyuhyun’s voice spoke up again on the other line.

“ Wait. “

“ What? “ Changmin huffed in annoyance.

“ What was your name again? “

SNAP.

“ IT’S SHIM CHANGMIN, YOU STUPID JERK! “


Sorry it's not progressing much between those two.

I seem to have a knack for taking it slow but want it to finish fast.

*sigh* Such a terrible pair, I know

BUT! I promise you guys it will be better soon! Hopefully.

Anyway, do leave your comments and you're welcome to subscribe!

Pardon for the grammatical mistakes, tehehehe.

* wink wink*