Illegally Blonde

Day X Night

 

Suzy’s hologram popped out in the backyard pool of Miss A’s mansion that morning. The sky’s still a bit foggy and the neighborhood is still so quiet at this time around, but she could already hear the girls’s footsteps inside the mansion.

“Suzy !” Jia opened the sliding glass door and let the hologram stepped in the house.

“Yah eonnie, my hologram could just walk through that door…you didn’t need to open it actually, kekeke… ” the blurry figure walked into their mansion easily.

“Ahahah…I forgot…” Jia chuckled shyly.

She saw Fei cooking their breakfast in the kitchen but she couldn’t find Min anywhere. “Is Min eonnie okay ? Where is she ?”

Fei pointed upstairs, “Resting in her room. But now she’s having a conversation with…you know. So better leave her alone for now.”

“Ooh… ok then.” Suzy’s hologram nodded and sat awkwardly on the sofa, “I really miss this house. Being in prison is not cool at all.”

Jia joined her in the sofa, with her on laptop. “Look, Amber managed to get through one of our firewall and left this message to us.”

Suzy pushed herself to the laptop.

Meet me today at the subway station. 10 o’clock.

Amber.

Suzy’s hologram turned a bit shaky after reading that message and she smiled playfully. “See eonnie ? She’s an interesting person. I wish I could meet her, but I still got a bunch of things to handle here…”

Jia closed her laptop after locking their system, “Do you think I should go ?”

“No offense eonnie…but your Korean is not that good, so…” Suzy sighed.

Jia pouted, “Fei eonnie is not a good Korean speaker either ! So it has to be…”

“Me.” a voice completed her sentence and they looked up to see Min coming downstairs with bandages around her arm.

Suzy’s hologram twitched and teleported in front of Min, “Min eonnie, gwaenchana ?”

“I’m fine and I’m going to meet her, okay? You better get yourself back to the prison. We can handle it here. Do your thing, arasseo ?” she said with a confident smile.

Suzy’s hologram was about to nod when suddenly it turned blur and disappeared.

“Suzy ?” Jia looked around to find her, but she’s already vanished.

***

“Hey ! Hey, are you okay ? Amber !”

Suzy opened her eyes in a shock and felt her hand still rubbing the patch behind her neck. She saw that feminine guy again outside her cell and tried to settle herself. He's really early.

“Oh.” she nodded fast, “I’m just tired…”

Key looked pretty worried, and also horrible that morning. He wore a huge sunglasses to cover those dark circles under his eyes and seemed a bit hazy. She got up from the floor and walked toward him.

“You should be off to college, oppa.” she acted naturally.

“Did you sleep well last night ?” he looked deeply into her, which made Suzy uncomfortable.

She stepped back and nodded cheerfully, “Oh. It’s just like home.”

Key’s staring at her sharply, “Did my abeoji do anything to you ?” he said as he crossed his hands, signing that he’s not in a very good mood today.

“Aniyo… after he interrogated me, I was locked up all night here.” Said Suzy fast while trying to figure out what’s inside his mind.

He took off his sunglasses and bent his head weirdly. “You seemed thinner.”

Was my cover blown ?

“Maybe because I hadn’t robbed Jonghyun’s chips for one night ? Kekeke…” she tried to stay calm and choose to joke around with him. Calm down, Suzy... you're still in the game.

Key rubbed his tired eyes and put on his sunglasses back, “Ok ok, this is stupid. You, in jail, IS stupid. I’ll make sure you get out from here as soon as possible. I’ll ask Changmin hyeong to bring you a proper lunch (I don’t want you to eat those filthy meals provided by the cops). For breakfast, I can only give you this. ” he handed her a small paper bag.

She received it carefully and peeked through inside. “Coffee ?” she grabbed it out, a medium sized hot coffee in a styrofoam cup.

The diva smiled bitterly, “It’s the least I could do for now. Take care, okay?”

Suzy, still cupping the coffee cup, nodded blankly, “Mmm.. gomawoyo oppa.” leading Key to finally left her cell and went out to the office. Suzy sighed and put the coffee near the bars. That coffee is still warm, so he rushed to get that coffee before visiting here ? Wow…Key. What a determination.

She’s sitting back at the corner, rubbing the patch to activate her hologram. “Jia eonnie, don’t lose track of Amber’s GPS. Today she might have changed clothes, so make sure the GPS is still detected in Max’s house. I’m counting on you..”

***

Amber hardly even sleep last night, she was only laying on the couch at the living room, trying to connect…everything. While Max was sleeping in his own bedroom, after he gave up trying to make Amber sleep on his bed. This morning he left early to the headquarters though, leaving Amber a plate of jajjangmyeon he ordered from a restaurant nearby.

Eat first before you do anything today.

Max.

“Ah…this guy.” Amber opened the plastic wrap covering the plate, sniffing the delicious smell of the noodles. Gomawo, Max.

After finishing the jajjangmyeon, she rushed to the bathroom with the hair dye Max bought for her last night. This instant blonde hair dye could last for a couple of days, and until her fake self is released, she need to disguise with that blonde hair.

Hey…it’s not bad…

She’s looking at herself nervously in the mirror while drying her hair, her new blonde hair that’s going to stay from now on. Wish me luck, blonde dye.

***

“Hi !” a girl waved from her seat when Key entered the class.

Eventhough his vision turned brown because of his sunglasses, he still could recognize the figure among the other students, “Hey…Nicole !”

“What’s with the sunglasses ?” she asked, watching him sit next to her lazily.

“Can’t sleep last night.” he replied shortly as he put his heavy head on the desk. He let his face facing her so they could still talk though.

Nicole looked uneasy, “I came here to give you this. You left it in my room.”

Key chuckled when he saw his purple headband in her hand, “Wah, how could I didn’t realize it at all ?” he said, still laying his head on the desk. “You can keep it, it will match you nicely.”

Nicole was startled, “Ah…this is the first time I get a hair accessories from a guy !”

Key let out a little laugh, “I’ll do everything to make my model stay in trend.”

“You know I can’t always be your model, right ?” she’s playing with the purple headband anxiously.

Key got up and sit straight, “Yah, don’t be stupid. For my summer collection, you’re irreplaceable !”

Nicole chuckled, “So who’s your Fall, Winter, and Spring collection then ?”

“Meollayo. I guess I’ll open an audition for that. Uh and don’t worry, you’re welcome to audition.” he smiled widely.

The bell suddenly rang and broke the conversation. Nicole got up from her seat, “Gotta rush to my building ! See ya at lunch !”

“See ya!” Key waved back at her till she’s off the class. He immediately grabbed his cellphone after reminded by the word ‘lunch’.

[to : Max Changmin]

Hyeong, don’t forget to get Amber’s lunch by 12!

It’s the chief’s son authority. You can’t say no~

***

The library is full but quiet as usual and Victoria is sitting alone in her favourite spot beside the giant window. She’s been waiting for Suzy since half an hour ago, but instead some random girls come and go, disturb her with a bunch of similar questions like, “What happened to Amber oppa ?” or “Why is he absent today ?” , “Is Amber oppa okay?”

And anytime Victoria would only answer, “Meollayo...”

Just when she was about to leave the library, another girl came again and Victoria quickly stopped her by saying, “Sorry…I really don’t know why Amber is absent today. And don’t call her OPPA, she’s a yeoja !”

The girl look a bit confused, “Ah Victoria sunbae, I came here to tell you that Suzy is sick. She has a high fever so she’s absent today.”

“Heee…she has fever ? Ohtokke… next week is her first monthly test !” Victoria sighed in panic.

The junior girl looked like she doesn’t really care with the whole Suzy thing and instead she asked, “Oh by the way, do you really don’t know why Amber oppa is absent ?”

Victoria held back her little temper, “Really… if I had known I would’ve told every single of her fans today !” and with that sentence the junior left without saying anything anymore. Victoria sighed, this is probably the hundred times she had to lie to everyone about Amber. She can't just go around and say, "Amber is a prisoner now'" or something like that, right ?

“Ahhh jinjjayo… I haven’t even visited her today… “ she mumbled and pouted to herself desperately.

***

Amber borrowed one of Max’s white coat to wear and walked out of the apartment with her head down. Her hair is all blonde and she hoped this disguise works. All she need to do now is to reach the subway safely without being noticed. She looked around the neighborhood before continuing her step, and once she felt safe, she walked right away off to the street.

“There’s a man walking out of his apartment, blonde hair-white coat, heading to the downtown.” an officer reported through his communicator. He’s with a partner, watching meters away from Max’s apartment.

“Follow him. Confirm if he’s Raven or not.”

“Yes sir.” said the officer, smoothly moving with a binocular set on his eyes. He hinted his partner to stay watching on the apartment while he’s following the blonde hair guy. His partner nodded and got back to their van, monitoring the surrounding of the apartment building from the screens.

The appointed officer kept watching him from a proper distance and reporting his every move, “He stopped.”

The officer moved even faster, “Sir, I think he just realized our presence! He’s walking faster to the downtown.”

“Keep up with him!!”

***

Amber looked around to find the stalker officers and she saw a moving shadow between the alleys.

Damn it. I should’ve known.

She ran through the crowd in the downtown, cursing all the way. Of course, she thought, Max is being nice to her, feeding her, offering her HIS place to stay. Which stupid police would offer his place for a fugitive to hide safely these days ? None. She’s been deceived.

She kept running away and checked the time on her cellphone, it’s almost 10. One of Miss A might have been waiting for her at the subway station but now she need to lose a couple of damn officers.

Aaargh pumpkin !

***

to be continued...

btw, jajjangmyeon is a kind of noodle with black bean paste as the sauce. *it's really yummy, kekeke* 

thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing !