Are First Times Always Like This? (Woohyun POV)

When I'm In Love...?

 

"Yeah, I got it, I'll be there in a bit. Hyung! Don't hang up yet! Saranghaeyo~! Alright, you can hang up now. Yah! I'm not being greasy, it's the truth. You love me too, right?~ I know, bye. See you in a bit." I ended the call and I didn't notice the wide smile plastered on my face. I carried my backpack and headed off. Halfway through the door, I stopped by the big mirror and took a last glance of my outfit. 'It all feels familiar.' A sudden thought hit me as I stepped out and took a deep breath. The wind smelled and felt like that time, a few years back...
 
I zipped my bag close and looked around the bed for anything else that I left unpacked. With a big smile, I carried the huge backpack and left the room. Just then, my phone notified me of a message. I fished my pockets for it and opened the unread message.
 
Kim Sunggyu
1:34 PM
 
"Nam Woohyun, where are you? Drag your here so that we can start the games. HURRY!!!! -___-"
 
Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I was in charge of the games for this beach party. Because of that, I ran as fast as I can to the venue (good thing it only takes a few minutes of travel by foot). When I arrived at the beach resort, I looked for a group of people around my age. 
 
The thing is, there were two. I looked at the group nearest to me, and I noticed a familiar figure. He was biting a pepero stick with someone else at the other end. That someone was very good-looking too. "Vivaldi-playing guy..." I managed to utter out of nowhere. I snapped out of it when I heard incessant yelling at my left ear.
 
"Nam Woohyun, what took you so long? Do you have any idea how much bored we are? Look at the others, they're already playing at the beach, the flow of activities is ruined, aish, never mind that now, what happened? What made you late? Yah, are you even listening?" I turned and faced a panicking Kim Sunggyu before me and all I could do was smile.
 
"I'm sorry, hyung. I promise I won't mess up next time. I just kept on double-checking the stuff I brought, that's all." I replied, assuring him I'm alright. "So let's just go and have a great time, alright?" He just gave me a smile and helped me carry my bag and put it along with the rest of their stuff.
 
As we began to play around, I noticed that my eyes kept on landing on the guy that has been crossing my mind since the day I witnessed him play in the music room. I guess he hasn't really noticed me for he hasn't turned to my direction yet, but I doubt that he remembered me. And if ever he did, I bet it wouldn't be a good memory either.
 
I just shrugged off the sad feeling and sat on the sand, facing the beach. It's starting to get dark just by looking at the sunset, I forgot all the thoughts at the moment. I grabbed my phone and took a picture of it. Suddenly, someone gave me a pat on the back. "Oh, Dongwoo hyung~" I greeted as he sat beside me.
 
"Should I introduce you to that guy over there?" He said while looking at me with that usual wide smile of his. I was caught off-guard with what he said that I didn't even think of making an excuse of not knowing the guy who tormented my thoughts. "How did you--?" "You're not good at hiding things, Woohyun-ah. I know when something bothers you. Besides, he's a friend of my friend, so it'd look casual enough." He replied.
 
Without waiting for what I have to say, he grabbed my hand, stood up, and walked up to the group of people next to ours. My mind suddenly went blank and I was nervous all of a sudden. That made me wonder where this hyung get all his guts. "Yo, Hoya~!" he called on to one of them. "Dongwoo hyung~!" he greeted back cutely, in contrast to my cool impression of him.
 
They talked for a while until I felt a hand on my shoulder. Dongwoo introduced me to this Hoya guy, then I introduced myself. "Hello, I'm Woohyun, Nam Woohyun, nice to meet you." He also inroduced himself. "Hello, I'm Lee Howon, but I prefer you'd call me Hoya. Nice to meet you, tree." He said in a Busan accent. It's the first time I met someone from Busan, it's fascinating.
 
"Oh, it's my friend, Lee Sungyeol. Say hi, Yeollie." I looked up and as if the world was in slow motion, my eyes met his, and my throat went dry for a moment. Shock could also be seen in his eyes, and my heart was in a puddle of mixed emotions.
 
The look on his face was priceless. Really! I tried to muffle a chuckle so as to not let the others know that we've had a peculiar encounter before. "N-nice to meet you too, Tree Hyun." After that, I just exploded in laughter to the point that I laid down on the sand and rolled around, clutching my stomach and became an atomic explosion of joy.
 
After a while, I started to calm down, earning weird looks from the three. Dongwoo just shrugged at Hoya who looks totally puzzled and Sungyeol who looks as if someone ate the last piece of rice cake on the table. I cleared my throat to make the atmosphere less awkward than it already is.
 
"Aaaaalright, I guess we're all friends now." Good thing Dongwoo always knows how to turn awkward situations around. I just happily beamed at the two who seemed to be easing up a bit. Hoya let out a small chuckle while Sungyeol's expression was unreadable to me. It made me wonder what thoughts were swimming in that mind of his, and without noticing it, I'm already staring at him.
 
Time flew by so fast and it was already time to clean up and go home. I keep stealing glances at the class next to ours and unknowingly, I'm smiling to myself. I realized it when Dongwoo's gummy grin was came close to my face. Startled, I jumped back while he just laughed. At a distance, someone else was smiling at the hyung's laughing figure. Upon seeing the former's shy smile, I finally understood these feelings I've been having for a certain Lee Sungyeol.
 
I snapped out of my thoughts when the bus announced its stop. I carried the very same backpack that I used way back, smiling as I looked up at the person in front of me. "Sorry I'm late, hyung. You still love me, right?" I gave him a very wide grin and all he could do was ruffle my hair and chuckle.
 
"I won't hate you for being a few minutes behind schedule. My love won't change even if you'd be late for months." He replied.
 
"I guess THE Nam Boohyun has caught my grease."
 
"And I have my little brother to blame. Now let's go, I'll give you the best date a brother can give."
 
I took a deep breath and looked around. As if that place knew how much memories it holds, it hasn't changed since that day I formally met the person my heart called out.
 
--
 
a/n: sorry if it took me too long to update T.T i got busy with stuff and the plot bunny seemed to have left me 3 thanks for waiting, my lovely subscribers :*
PS: I finished this first before the previous chapter, but I decided to publish them together to avoid confusion ^^