Chapter 25

Artificial Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll get the money in no time – I’m just playing my cards right,” Sehun spoke quietly into his cell phone as he heard paper ruffling on the opposing line. After awakening from a horrible hangover, Sehun had received the message to call Lawyer Lee.

            “I hope so, Sehun. Time is against us, I’m afraid. You only have two weeks left before they raise the bail amount – don’t forget, we still have to pay the others as well,” Lawyer Lee replied grimly.

            “I’m working on it, Lawyer Lee.” Silence filled the other line before Sehun continued, “If you’re implying to call my mother, I’d rather you not. Just give me a little more time and I’ll work my magic.”

            “I’ve been holding back not calling your mother – but you’re not getting any money whatsoever. Just call the whole seducing Hana thing off. You and her are going nowhere. Borrow some money from your friends and it’s a done deal.”

            “No. I’m not going to give up – I’m almost there. We already shared a kiss, Lawyer Lee. I refuse to have my mother help me. I’m a grown man – I have to take responsibility in my actions,” Sehun said firmly – he wasn’t giving in any time soon.

            “Sehun, if this is pride we’re talking about – “

            “It is not pride. I’m simply taking responsibility,” Sehun rudely interjected as he was quick to defend himself.

            “But it wasn’t your fault – it was your father’s.”

            “Lawyer Lee, I’ll call you when I have the money. I know a ticking clock is hanging above my head – just give me one more week. I’ll get the money.” Sehun then hung up without another word exchanged. The words said were more of a reassurance for Sehun – not Lawyer Lee.

****

            “This is a good picture,” Krystal smiled as her eyes remained attached on the certain photo she was holding. She leafed through the pictures one last time before handing them back to the male seated across from her. “I want these emailed to me.”

            “Krystal, you haven’t changed, have you?” The male answered with a smirk lining his lips. “Since we were little, you’ve been just as oppressive as you are now. But you’re still my favorite cousin!”

            “Ilhoon, just shut up and forward me the pictures.” Krystal suppressed a smile as she gestured towards the iPhone lying about on the coffee table. In response to this, Ilhoon simply rolled his eyes before doing as he was told to.

            “How’s the article coming along though?” Krystal asked as she flipped open the cover of her Samsung Galaxy S4 case. She checked her email, seeing that the first message was from Ilhoon. Attached were the photos she wanted.

            “Actually, it’s shaping up fairly well – it should be published soon. Plus, there will be a bonus for you. You should be thanking me.” Ilhoon boasted as he reached for his drink.

            “What do you mean?” With her eyes still glued on her phone’s screen, she forwarded the email to one of her employees that usually drove her around. She then added text to the e-mail. “Send this to the number listed below.”

            “I was hired to photograph another couple as well.” Casting aside his glass cup, Ilhoon his lips in satisfaction. He toyed with his iPhone in the meantime as he waited for Krystal to finish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter