In the Year 2010

A Love of a Lifetime (Inspired by A True Story)

 

 

In the Year 2010....

 

“Excuse me Ma’am.” A flight attendant wakes up the sleeping passenger.

 

“Yes?” The lady slowly opened her eyes.

 

“What would you like to have before we land?” the attendant answers her back.

 

“I’d like to have a bloody mary and your special dinner.” The lady replied. Since she is seating in the business class she can choose the food she wanted.

 

The attendant served her with a great smile.  “Enjoy your meal and we are about land in less than 2 hours.”

 

“Thank you.” The lady replied to the attendant and left.  Shin Hye’s smile vanished when she recalled something. “Oh, New York here I come again.” Shin Hye told herself while mixing up the tomato juice, vodka and tabasco.

 

It was 5 years ago when she seated in Economy Class in Atlantic flight from New York – Barcelona and now she is in the same airline seated in Business Class from Barcelona  -  New York but this time it’s different agenda.  She was eagerly praying that their path will never cross again.   She has moved on with her life.  Her company’s head office requested her to handle some projects in some of states in the US, she was hesitant to accept at first, because she knows that it will reminiscing the painful event from her pass.

 

 

“Anyway Albany is far from Rochester.” She thought.

 

 

After she finishes her food the attendant took her tray and said “Enjoy your stay in New York.”

 

 

Shin Hye smiled at her with a question in her eyes. “Will I really enjoy?” she asked back that made the airline crew narrow her brow. “Oh, never mind.”  Shin Hye immediately took back what she said.

 

After 30 minutes the Airline captain that announces that they are about land in JFK International Airport.

 

Park Shin Hye is one of the well known fashion photographer in Spain.  Shin Hye has a gift when it comes to shutter and flashes.  Though photography was her passion when she was still in school and eventually she decided to take a double major when she was in university.  Having a very good IQ her other major course was a peanut for her.  She focuses more in Fashion Photography.  Something had happen during her junior year in University that made her decide to leave New York and start a new life without him.  He broke her heart.

 

Her craft was fully developed when her parents decided to send her to Paris, France to study further more about Fashion Photography and at the same time to heal her wounded heart.

 

She posted her creation in her blog and it was discovered by her professor and the latter invited her to come in a Spring Fashion Week in Paris. From then on she was recommended to a well known and veteran fashion photographer in Paris and her craft is now her assets.  She returned to Spain after one and a half years, left and right offers both local and international Fashion Week and sometimes she receives a love call from the famous fashion designers.  She has been invited in different modeling stints around the globe.  Now, her agency has received an invitation from the famous fashion designers that will have a show in 3 countries. 

 

“New York, here I come again.” She sighed as much as possible she don’t want to come back in this part of the world.

 

 

The plane landed and passenger went off and proceeded to immigration counter.  After she had done in the immigration, she immediately proceeded to the luggage area.  She patiently waiting while the luggage counter started to moved and one by one the small, medium and large baggage, cases, suitcases can be seen escalating in the counter.  After she found her things, she then pushed her trolley towards the arrival exits.

 

 

“Shin Hye!..Shin Hye!”

 

She heard someone is yelling her name.  She knew who own that voice.

 

“Sandra…!!” She waved at her best friend.  Both met at the center and gave a tight hug.

 

“It’s good to see you here, again.” Sandra replied.  “I am sorry I didn’t visit you last year.  My husband was sent to Hawaii for 3 months.”

 

“It’s ok, I understand. Now, It’s my turn to collect the favor.” Shin Hye .

 

They're friends way back in college days and they live in the same dormitory.  They eventually best buddies and best friend.  Sandra is full breed American and Shin Hye is an exchange scholar from Spain.

 

 

“How’s everything? I know you are far better off right now.” Sandra smiled.  She doesn’t need to elaborate since she knew details by details in Shin Hye’s life since she left in New York 5 years ago.

 

“Here after 17 hours of travel I feel toxic.” She replied.

 

“Let’s put your bag and let’s go to your hotel.  I left 5.30pm in Rochester and plus 3.5 hours drive to Albany plus traffic and 30 minutes waiting for you.  I think you owe me a sumptuous dinner.” Sandra’s calculation.

 

“Yeah, I know. Let’s go so that we can start off.” Shin Hye laughed at the complaint of her best friend.

 

“Well and good that Mike allowed you to pick me up.” Shin Hye starts off when the cars start moving.

 

“Of course and as a matter of fact he and my son wanted to come, but Danny has a school tomorrow.” Sandra replied while maneuvering the steering to her left to change lane. “By the way how long will you be here in New York?” Sandra asked.

 

“A matter of ten days,  after the Fashion Week, I will be off to Florida to meet me my cousin and will go back to Spain together.” She replied.

 

“How is your heart?” Sandra asked. 

 

Silence is her answer.

 

“Shin, I am sorry.  I want you to be happy.” Sandra told her. “I am sorry, if I dig it again.” She added.

 

“No, it’s ok  I already moved on and I am happy now.” Shin Hye replied with a smile and sadness in her eyes.

 

“I know you, girl.” Sandra asked and continue to drive and she never ask again about the past until they reach her hotel and have dinner together.

 

 

The next morning Shin Hye went to the Fashion Week organizers office to meet the top notch models in the world along with famous designers who has been invited for the Catwalk show.  The pre-pictorials have been decided on the 5 days before the actual fashion show event.  The organizer and designers need to prepare the clothes that they will be going to published in the fashion magazine.  After the meeting Shin Hye walked out along with the other 2 photographers but before she reached the exit, she heard name was being called, she stopped and look around.

 

“Shin Hye..” it was Diane von Furstenberg. “I heard your name from a good of mine and he recommended you.  I saw your work and you have such a creative idea and heard that you were being called by some designers for their publication. I like what you’ve suggested in the meeting for the summer collection to be published in magazine.  I hope we can work more often.” The designer added.

 

“It was my pleasure to be part of New York’s Fashion Week – Spring Collection. This is my first time and I want it to be memorable for me.”  Shin Hye humbly replied and bid her goodbye before she left the place.

 

She will have 2 days more before the pre-pictorial kicks off.  She still has time to check her photographic equipments, her lenses, camera and her MAC, diffusers, batteries, lights and flashes and her SD cards.

 

Sandra invited her to come to Rochester and spend a night them at first she was hesitant but due to the persistence of her best friend and the husband she agreed.  After the meeting, Sandra picked her at the NYFW office, drive straight to Rochester.  Sandra prepared her small luggage and packed with her personal things before she left the hotel to pick up Shin Hye.

 

It was 3.30pm when they reached Rochester.  Sandra has to go for a shopping in  the grocery and Shin Hye decided to dropped her in the Starbucks only on the opposite road a Supermarket.

 

 

“I won’t take long. Enjoy your coffee first.” Sandra said before Shin Hye climbed out from her car.

 

“Ok, I will. Take time with your shopping.  I might extend my stay in your place.” Shin Hye teases her friend.

 

“That’s my girl.” Sandra said and they both laugh.

 

Shin Hye went inside the café and placed her order.

 

“Have a seat for the moment, and will call you number.” The café crew said.

 

Shin Hye took her token and seated in the table next to the window.  She looked around the place outside.  She noticed that there some changes in the area.  The place became a cozy. 

 

“#28 Medium size Macchiato.” Announced of a service crew.

 

“That’s mine.” Shin Hye replied, she stood up and walks towards the counter. But before she reached, she didn’t notice a man who just entered in the café who also walks in her way.

 

“Opps..Sorry.” They said in chorus without looking at whom they’ve bumped in.

 

The man look in his left and he saw a familiar face.  “Shin..Shin Hye? Is that you?” He asked when he recognized her.

 

“Excuse me. Do I know you?” Shin Hye replied back with a smile.  She looked at the man who wears a jeans and a midnight blue business coat and dark Ray Ban shades.

 

“Oh God, Shin Hye…! Is it really you..”  He hugged her tightly.

 

Shin Hye was shocked in the series of events, the counter staff was also stunned in the situation. Immediately Shin Hye pushed the man away from her.

 

“It’s me Yong Hwa.” He said when they released from hug. “Gosh, You look stunning and…and..and Beautiful as ever.” He said and removed his eye protector.

 

 

Shin Hye was stunned.  Her sweet smile vanished.  She’s anxious of meeting him again.

 

 

What will gonna happen in the next ten days of events in the Year 2010, and what really happened in the year 2005. What happened to them between the year 2006-2009. What about their present lives? Exciting events and details to be followed. You may think it only happens in a novel or a movie but as they said a novel or a movie is a mirror of one's life.  

 

This story will make you cry, laugh and hate to the characters that will emerge later on.  I only changed the name of the main characters and their parents.

 

Please leave your comments and suggestion, but please don't be so demanding for the updates, I hope you understand.