Chapter 6: I'm sorry, I need you

The other side of Change [Hiatus]

It’s been a while since I saw So Min. I had to go back to hospital after festival, where I’m staying for a month and half already. Days are…boring. No one visits me, except mom, and dad sometimes. I have no idea how is So Min doing and I really want to go home and see her.

Gah, it’s eating me alive! I ruffled my hair in annoyance when doors slowly opened.

“And here I thought you were sleeping.” Black haired guy laughed as he fully opened doors.

“Siwon hyung,” I smiled widely, finally seeing someone.

“How are you feeling?” he asked and sat on the chair beside bed.

“Okay,” I answered and looked at doors again, seeing a light brunette, almost orange, guy. “Heechul hyung,” I smiled even more widely.

“Yo, maknae,” he raised a hand, greeting with a smile.

“So…” I started and looked at both of them. “Is anyone home?” I asked.

“No one,” Siwon shook his head.

“Bwoh?” I was confused. “How come?” I murmured and tapped my chin, thinking. “But I’m sure dad told me she is home today…” I thought loudly.

“Maybe she went out for groceries?” asked Heechul.

“She’d never go, unless dad told her.” I said. Maybe she’s still studying? I immediately sat up and tried to stand up, but they both pushed me back. “I have to go home!” I said and tried to get rid of the two, but they were too strong. “I have to go and see if everything is okay!” I tried to break from their arms that were pushing me down on the bed.

“God damn it, Kyuhyun!” Heechul suddenly cursed. “No one was home! Maybe she just went out into store or with your dad!”

“You don’t understand…” I sighed and put arm over my eyes. “You don’t…” I whispered.

“Kyuhyun-ssi,” Eun Mi suddenly walked inside. Heechul and Siwon pulled away and looked at her, as well as I.

“Dae?” I asked.

“She just called saying for you to don’t worry.” She smiled.

“Can I talk to her?” I asked immediately. I could saw she was thinking. “Please,” I begged.

Eun Mi let a quiet sigh out and nodded. “I’ll bring phone to you,” she smiled and left the room.

“Happy now?” asked Siwon and smiled lightly.

“Not after I talk with her.” I murmured and shifted in bed.

“Oh yeah,” Heechul suddenly remembered something. He looked at Siwon and continued: “You said you saw that girl again one month ago. At the same place?” asking.

“Girl?” I instantly became interested.

“Nae,” he nodded. “I saw her first with Heechul hyung. She was a little rude due to hyung’s yelling.” He sighed and face palmed.

“What?!” scoffed Heechul. “It’s not my fault that when I’m worrying for someone I yell!” he defended himself.

“What happened then?” I asked, having a slight idea who that girl might be.

“Well…she just walked away angry. But then I saw her again.” he said. “I think it was when Eunhyuk went to visit you.”

My eyes widened at the memory when Eunhyuk came on visit.

“Omona, are you okay?” I suddenly heard panicked voice of Eunhyuk outside the room.

“What’s going on?” murmured dad and walked to doors, opening them. “Hyukjae-ah,” he smiled.

“Mr. Cho,” he was surprised and bowed deeply.

“Don’t bow,” dad chuckled. “Come in,” he smiled and stepped aside.

“Ah…” he murmured and scratched the side of his neck, thinking. “N-nae,” he nodded and walked inside. “Hey, Kyuhyun.” He smiled and waved.

“What happened?” I asked immediately.

“Nothing,” he smiled. “Nurse accidently bumped into me.” he lied.

“Arraseo,” I smiled.

“I was on my way to you as well,” Siwon continued, waking me from my thoughts. “But just when I stepped out of the SM, it started raining. I walked back inside to get my umbrella and then back out, down the street in hope I’ll see her again.”

I clenched my fist in anger.

“And I did,” he smiled bitterly. “She was sitting on that tree again crying.” His smile faded away. “I talked to her, but she just yelled at me go away, but I didn’t. She tried to throw me something, but she slipped and fell down on her back.”

“Bwoh?!” I exclaimed and sat up. They both looked at me confused. “I-I mean…you helped her, right?” I made a quick excuse.

“I did,” he nodded. I let a quiet sigh of relief out and leaned back. “I asked her if she’s heartbroken, but she wasn’t. She felt like a burden to everyone around, even to me.”

So Min… I thought and bit my lower lip.

“Then she started crying and cried until she calmed down. After she did, she bowed and left…” he smiled.

“Did you ask for her name?” asked Heechul.

“Nae,” Siwon nodded. My heart skipped a beat, hoping it isn’t the one I think it is. “Her name is So Min, though I don’t know her surname.” He said and looked at him.

“Ha,” I scoffed and looked through window.

“What?” asked Heechul and looked at me with Siwon in confusion.

“Nothing,” I murmured, trying to stay calm.

“Oh yeah…I saw her few days ago…” added Siwon, making me to look at him.

“Bwoh? You did?” Heechul asked surprised.

“Nae,” he nodded. “But she didn’t seem well. She had dark circles under her eyes and she was in a mess… it looked like she didn’t sleep in a while.” He narrowed his eyebrows.

Pabo I thought when doors opened, revealing Eun Mi.

“Here,” she smiled and gave me phone.

“Gomawo,” I smiled. She nodded and left the room, closing the doors behind. I looked at phone and saw her number. I slowly put phone to my ear and just when I wanted to say something, she spoke: “Kyuhyun,” whispering.

“So Min,” I whispered, gaining two pairs of wide eyes. “How are you feeling?” I asked. Wow, Kyuhyun…that’s the best you can come up with? I mentally slapped myself.

“Okay,” she answered.

“You’re not,” I sighed. “I can hear in your voice…”

“It’s okay,” she said once again. “I know that book by head now and two more as well.” She said with happy voice. Or at least…she tried. “You should have seen faces of classmates when I won over teacher.” She bitterly chuckled.

“You won over teacher?” I was surprised.

“Nae,” she nodded. “We were fighting for whole hour…” she laughed shortly. Silence occurred between us. I could hear her shallow breathing. It sounded like she was sobbing.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered and closed my eyes. “I’m so sorry, So Min…”

“You…don’t have to be…sorry…” she said with pauses, sobbing indeed. “I-it was my f-fault…”

“So Min,” I called her. “Don’t be sorry for something like that … You were inspired by him and you did what you love. You don’t have to be sorry for it.” I tried to calm her, but her sob only turned into cry. I let a quiet sigh out and looked up into ceiling, trying not to cry.

“I really want you…to be here…” she said between her cry.

“I know… Me too…” I whispered and closed my eyes.


A/N:

Annyeong~ It's been a while since I updated.

And it . I know.. You have permision to shoot me.

Lucky news: I'm done with school for this year. Today was the last day...wait..it is 24th, right? o.o Seems book pulled me into its world.. :) oh well...now I'll have more time to update, though from Wednesday onwards I'll be a babysitter and maybe even started going on part-time job. The first one is definitely 100% sure, while the second one is only...45%... o.o"

I hope you like this chapter. And guess what... keke

I'll just give you a hint...

Someone else will make an appearance as well. >:)

Comment and subscribe

How can I/you/we/he/she/it not not love this man? He's clearly ruining my life even when I try NOT to listen to K-pop, which I'm failing really badly. *le sigh*