Chapter 4: Spring Festival

The other side of Change [Hiatus]

“Say ah~” smiled Kyuhyun as he lifted spoon right in front of my mouth.

“I can eat by myself.” I pouted and tried to take it away from him, but he put away from my reach and glared at me. “Kyuhyun~” I whined.

“Say ah,” this time he said while glaring at me and put spoon right in front of my mouth again. My cheeks turned into light shade of pink as I opened mouth and letting him to feed me. A wide smile formed on his face as he fed me.

“Good girl,” he smiled and patted my head like a little kid.

“Kyuhyun!” an old female voice suddenly came from the doorway. We both looked towards and saw mom and dad standing there. Mom ran to Kyuhyun’s bed and hugged him tightly, while I stood from the bed, where I was sitting and walked towards window.

“Eomma~” whined Kyuhyun and pouted. “I’m fine…” he sighed.

“You almost died, how you can be fine!?” she scolded him. A small smile appeared on my face, but it soon disappeared when I saw dad’s eyes on me.

“Since you’re all okay, I’ll just grab my stuff and go back home.” I said and quickly hugged Kyuhyun.

“Eh? Already?” he was surprised. “It’s only 3pm,” he said after looking on the clock.

“Study,” I faked a smile and grabbed my bag.

“So Min-ah,” mom called me. I stopped on the doorway and looked down. “Don’t go,” she whispered. I shut my eyes, not wanting to let tears fall down, saying: “I’ll be home,” and disappeared from their sights.

“You’re going already?” asked Eun So, but I only paced up my walking and disappeared from her sight as well. I didn’t want for anyone to see me crying. I’d feel pathetic if someone did see me.

I didn’t know where I was going to, all I know is that suddenly I was at my hiding place, which only Ara and Kyuhyun knows about. I sat on the branch and started swinging my legs back and forth remembering these two weeks that I was in school ever since Kyuhyun woke up.

“Class next week we’re going to have a spring festival and all of you must have come.” homeroom teacher announced.

“Eh?!” everyone gasped at the same time, while my eyes widened from surprise.

“Spring festival? That exists?” asked Ji Sok.

“No questions,” said teacher and looked from one to another until her eyes landed on mine. “You’re coming, right So Min?” she asked quietly, yet loud enough for everyone to turn their heads at me.

“What should I do?” I sighed and rested head in my palms.

“Ya, get off the branch!” someone suddenly yelled. I narrowed my eyebrows and looked around, until I met with the eyes of long brunette whose face was just like a woman’s.

“Are you talking to me?” I pointed at myself.

“Yes monkey! To you,” he rolled with eyes.

“No,” I crossed my arms and looked away.

“You little…” he cursed.

“Hyung, stop cursing.” Someone spoke. “Would you please come down?” this time he asked. I looked down once again and saw a black haired man standing next to brunette one and looking up at me with worry. Letting a sigh out, I grabbed my bag and jumped down the branch.

“Are you stupid?!” The brunette guy hit my head.

“What was that for?!” I yelled angry.

“Hyung,” black haired one glared at the other.

“What?!” he hissed at him. “What if she fell down?!” he asked.

“Why do you care if I fell or not?” I asked a little irritated that someone, who I clearly don’t know, is suddenly worrying about me like we know each other for a life time.

“Shouldn’t we?” he snapped at me.

“No!” I yelled and walked away angrily.

***

“Seonsaeng-nim,” I quietly spoke after class was dismissed.

“Yes, So Min?” she looked at me, taking her books from table.

“I-is there any way that I can’t be part of the spring festival?” I asked slowly.

“You have to be.” She sighed, knowing I would ask her sooner or later.

“Why?” I whined.

“So Min-ah,” she started and looked straight into my eyes. “You’re always by yourself in your classes. Even when your brother woke up, everything went back to how it was before. Aren’t you lonely?” She was worried; you could hear it in her voice.

“Exactly,” I nodded. “I am alone and sometimes feeling lonely, but that doesn’t answer on my question.” I said coldly.

“You have to participate.” She said.

“Fine,” I groaned and walked out of the class.

“Just what I wanted.” I cursed while walking down the street. Before I knew it, I found myself in front of doors, where Kyuhyun was on the other side. Just when I raised a hand and tried to knock I heard laughter from the other side.

“Ya, stop it, eomma!” he laughed. My arm slid down, next to my body while my head hang down as well.

“Say ah!” called mom.

“Don’t want to!” he laughed.

“Just do it, Kyuhyun-ah!” dad’s voice was heard as well.

“So Min-ah,” someone suddenly called my name. I raised my head and saw black haired man standing in front of me. “Omona, you okay?” he asked worriedly, starting to panic. Without saying anything I ran down the hallway, out of hospital.

It hurts so much. I thought, wiping my tears away. And to make my day even better, it started raining and I didn’t bring umbrella with me.

It was already late in the evening, but tears were streaming down my cheeks like raindrops, while I was sitting on the same branch like few days ago.

“I knew I’ll find you here.” I heard soft voice. I wiped my tears away and looked down, seeing same black haired man just like few days ago. “Come down,” he gestured.

“Go away!” I yelled.

“No,” he answered.

“Go away!” I yelled even louder and tried to throw him something, but I slipped and fell on the ground.

“Are you okay?” he panicked and kneeled next to me. I didn’t answer; I kept on crying like there was no tomorrow.

“It…hurts…” I managed to say through cries.

“Where does it hurt?” he asked, worried even more. Without saying, I put hand on my chest, gesturing to my heart. “Heartbroken?” he asked quietly.

I shook my head.

“Did someone die?” he asked once more.

I shook my head again.

“Then what?”

“I feel like a complete burden to my family.” I put hand over my eyes.

“You’re not a burden.” He said. “Maybe they just want to give you some time so you can make up your mind.”

“But I’m not confused!” I yelled and looked at him. “I’m not confused…” I sobbed. “Look at me. I have blue eyes and I’m fat like a pig.”

“You’re beautiful.” He caressed my cheek and gave me a warm smile. It broke my heart into zillion pieces, making me to start crying again. No one has ever told me those two words. He pulled me into his embrace and slowly started patting my head.

Minutes have passed and I was still crying like I never cried before. In fact, I really haven’t cried a lot before. Only now, when everything was stored inside, it was finally breaking free.

“Have you calmed down?” he asked after a while. I quietly nodded and pulled away, wiping my tears. He gave me one of his warm smiles again and helped me to stand up.

“T-thank…you…” I bowed deeply.

“Oh, don’t worry about it.” He chuckled. “I hope I lifted your stone off a chest a little…” he smiled. I smiled briefly and put bag over my shoulders.

“Thank you, again.” I said and bowed again before leaving.

“Wait!” he suddenly called after me. I stopped and looked back at him. “What’s your name?” he asked.

“So Min,” I smiled and walked away.

When I reached home, everything was dark. Mom and dad were still in hospital with Kyuhyun. Ever since they came back, they were with him all day and night, while I was home alone, studying in my room.

May, 4th 2007; 7.30PM; Seoul, South Korea

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming on tonight’s spring festival in Seoul High School.” started our classroom teacher who was also an MC of today’s show. I blankly stared at her until someone patted my shoulder. I blanked few times and looked on my right, seeing long brunette smiling lightly.

“Good luck,” she said.

“Thanks, Min Na.” I smiled faintly and looked back on the stage at teacher.

“And for today’s first composer, we have a high scholar who doesn’t show her talents, but when she does, everyone is amazed; our Cho So Min.” she said and suddenly the clapping was heard. I slowly made my way on the stage where I bowed. Then I walked towards piano and sat down. For a brief second I thought that someone is watching over me and telling me that troubles are waiting me at home, but I shake it away and gently placed hands on piano notes.

I never told anyone that I love to play piano, but ever since my homeroom teacher, Mrs. Park Seohyun caught me, she threatened me to play it on spring festival, otherwise she’ll tell dad. And so at the end, I agreed and here I am, playing cover of If Everyone Cared by Nickelback. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJsN13oe2Jo&list=PLvZfmsfolLnGqZKfyccobzY94W1_nqxiI&index=136)

After I ended, the hall room was filled with applause. I stood up, smiled and bowed, but as soon as I straightened myself, my smile faded away when I met with eyes full of anger and despise.

I felt myself shivering as I quickly made my way down the stage and out of the hall room.

“Why?” I whispered and looked up into sky.

“So Min!” his cold voice pierced right through my chest. I closed my eyes and slowly turned around, but only to feel hot sting on my left cheek.


A/N:

Dada~ chapter.

Next chapter will probably be in someone else's POV. keke

I have time now since I only have to take one more exam and that will be...in three weeks...man, time sure passes by quickly. Maybe I'll have time to upload more often in these two weeks since I'm on "part-time job", but I won't promise anything.

Hope you like this chapter and don't forget to comment and subscribe.

I knew there was something between them...SiKyu.. keke