I’ll Fix You

I’ll Fix You

I'll Fix You

 

 

 

“I’m sorry. That’s what she said, Hae.” Eunhyuk bitterly answered Donghae’s question when the latter ask him why he was crying.

“She doesn’t know your worth, Hyukkie. She’s not worthy of your love.” Donghae stated as he consoles his best friend.

He had seen his best friend suffer the pain love had caused him and he sometimes cursed everything under that word because every time he saw Eunhyuk, he can’t stop himself from crying and gaining another broken heart.

“Y-yeah, she was…” Eunhyuk agreed though Donghae can see his best friend from within.

“Don’t think about it, Hyuk. She was completely wrong when she said she doesn’t deserve you. She was simply stupid to put it simply. She didn’t even know what you really are!” Donghae exclaimed, pointing what’s really have to point out.

“You really are my best friend, you know?” Eunhyuk bitterly smiled and cuddled himself down on his messy bed.

“I am not just your best friend, Hyukkie.” Donghae stated with a little bit of anger he felt as he saw Eunhyuk looks at him with confusion.

“What are you talking about, Hae?” Eunhyuk asks.

“If those stupid girls said they don’t deserve you, then maybe I can be the most deserving of you, Hyukkie.” Donghae stated with his eyes looking straight at Eunhyuk’s and the latter can’t help but to be confused even more.

And so, Donghae continued. “I’m tired of consoling you, Hyukkie. I’m tired of wiping out your tears who keeps from falling for the wrong reasons. I’m tired of telling you how much you worth because I’m tired of listening to your every broken hearted words.” Donghae stated that made Eunhyuk gasps in horror.

“Then you should not care for me anymore!” Eunhyuk blurted out.

“I’m not done yet, Hyukkie.” Donghae then took a deep breath before continuing. “I’m tired of cursing every girl who dumps you. I’m tired of telling myself you will find someone better. I’m tired of asking myself what if you’ll be mine, I’m sure that I will never ever hurt you. I will keep your heart at beat and never will you shed tears again.” Donghae bit his lips as it trembles from the tears that were forming around his eyes. 

“I’ve tried to hide it, Hyukkie. But I can’t seem to stop my raging feelings inside my heart anymore. You don’t know how much I’ve been hurting just seeing you cry for that person who doesn’t deserve your tears. You don’t know how much I want to kill that person who hurts you because I want to be the one who will be your hero and saves your heart from dying…”

“W-what are you saying… Hae…” Eunhyuk asks; eyes are widely open as Donghae revealed his kept secret to him.

“I’m in love with you, Hyukkie.” Donghae stated, looking intently at his best friend. “I don’t want another person to look at you the same I do. All I want is for you to look at me, with those wrinkled eyes that will simply say you love me too.”

“B-but Hae… we’re-“

“Yeah, we were. But that doesn’t mean you can’t love me like the way I wanted you to love me back, right?” Donghae explained.

“Hae…”

“Hyukkie, give us a chance. We’ve been friends. I know all your secrets and I know every part of you. And I’m confident enough that you knew  me that well too.” Donghae pleaded. “I’ll fix your broken heart, your shattered ego and your low self esteem. I will become your Spiderman that can kiss you upside down. I will be your superman and catch you when you fall. I will be your super hero and protect you with all my heart and soul. I will be your Lee Donghae. Your one and only Lee Donghae.” He pleaded with a serious face but he frowned when Eunhyuk smiled and then rolled down his bed, laughing.

“Why are you laughing Hyukkie? Are you laughing about my feelings for you?” Donghae asks, hurt is visible on his face.

“No, Hae.” Eunhyuk stops laughing but answered his best friend with a wide smile on his lips.

“So why are you laughing just now?” Donghae asks, pissed off.

“That’s because…” Eunhyuk then kissed Donghae’s cheek after. “You’re being cheesy.” He then smiled.

“I’ve stated all my heart out to you and you just replied me with a laugh and even said I am cheesy?” Donghae pouted.

“But you really are Hae.” Eunhyuk said. “That’s why I love you.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Donghae said, not minding what Eunhyuk had said.

“I said I love you.” Eunhyuk repeated.

“You love me as best friends, I know that. You always tell me you love me, right? And I always replied ‘I love you too’ to you with a different meaning.” Donghae pouted his lips even more.

“You know,” Eunhyuk’s face then turned serious afterwards. “You’re exactly right about everything you said, Hae. I don’t deserve them because I kept telling myself they don’t deserve someone like me. I’ve been setting myself so low and that became the reason why those people who hurt me in the past thought I am not that worthy because I didn’t value myself right.” He bitterly smiled and looks straight at Donghae.

“But, maybe God had someone better for me. And I don’t know when that person will arrive but I’m thinking, maybe, I’ve already found that person.” He then looks intently at Donghae.

“Who… do you think it is then?” Donghae asks blankly.

Eunhyuk then closed the gap between them and kissed his best friend. “You’ll fix me right?” he said with a smile after. Donghae, on the other hand, smiled victoriously.

“I have these special feelings for you but I ignored it and went to look for the wrong person. And still, when I have reached loving that person, they dumped me and leave me all behind. While you, you’re always there for me, Hae. You’re always there whether it’s good or bad, whether you’re hurting or not. I’m so sorry. I should’ve said this earlier but I ended being a chicken and ignored those butterflies flying around my stomach.” Eunhyuk said apologetically.

“It’s fine, Hyukkie. At least, we’re already passed the first stage.” Donghae grins. “So, are we already going out now or do I still have to court you?”

“Of course, old tradition goes.” Eunhyuk answered. Donghae then stood up and grab Eunhyuk’s hands and drag the latter out of the older male’s room.

“Where are you taking me then, Hae?” Eunhyuk asks confusedly.

“To your house…” Donghae said. “I’ll ask for Umma and Appa’s consent.” He winked.

And off they went to Eunhyuk’s parents’ house.

END.