Work, Work, and Work!

Dragons Don't Cry

 

“Yah!! What should I do now??” Ryuu moaned. “Uhh,, maybe I should go back… Then Nana would be able to help me.”

 

Ryuu went back to the house and was about to open the front door when suddenly…

 

“Neh, Kahi, what do you mean by that?! You’re not even gonna fight for her!? You’re absurd?!” Jooyeon shouted.

Curious about what they’re talking about, Ryuu decided not to go in and listen to them.

“Jooyeon, please understand. Trust me; it’d be better this way.” Kahi reassuringly answered.

“But Kahi, don’t you think keeping this from Ryuu is a bit too much?” Jung Ah asked.

“Uh about that… I was reconsidering letting her know tomorrow…-”

“NO!! She doesn’t need to know anything!!” Nana interrupted.

“Nana, if not now, when? No matter ho much we hide it from her, she’ll still know the truth.” Kahi said lowering her head.

“Gosh!! I can’t believe this!! We’re kicking out Ryuu because of Lizzy?! ! My conscience is killing me!” Jooyeon angrily shouted.

“I’m sorry Jooyeon… But right now you have to grin and bear it until everything’s over. ” Nana said patting Jooyeon’s back.

 

Ryuu couldn’t believe what she just heard. “Should I go and confront them about it?” She thought holding the door knob and was about to open it… “No, no, no, this isn’t right. Knowing that Lizzy is involved something bad should be going on here. But I need to bear with it until next week; after all, next week is our 1st anniversary together…” Ryuu thought opening the door with a big smile on her face.

 

“Guys, I’m home!” Ryuu greeted them. She noticed that everyone was being silent so she asked, “Hey, what’s with the silent treatment? You’re making me feel like we’re gonna be away from each other--”

“Ryuu, I love you sooooo much!!!” Jooyeon jumped out of the couch and hugged Ryuu.

"Jooeyon, are you alright? Are you sick?"  Ryuu said touching Jooyeon’s forehead

.“Dummy!” Jooyeon said removing Ryuu’s hand from her forehead.

“Haha, I was just surprised, that that came from you out of nowhere.” Ryuu playfully said. “Nana, I’m sorry, Oh Yeah Rin wasn’t in the store.”

“Hmm, it’s alright.” Nana said getting the package from Ryuu.

“Kahi, will we still be having a meeting today?” Ryuu asked.

“I’ve decided to cancel the meeting. We’re about to leave, we just waited for you to arrive.” Kahi answered.

“Oh is that so… Nana, can we go buy ice cream before we go home?”

“Sure.” Nana replied standing up and getting her things from the table. “We’ll be taking off first, Jung Ah, thanks for letting us in.” Nana bowed as she headed for the door.

“Well, bye everyone! Jooyeon, be sure to drink medicine before your illness becomes worst.” Ryuu joked as she waved good bye to her friends.  

 

The two were walking on the sidewalk when Ryuu spotted her favorite ice cream store.

“Nana, let’s eat ice cream there, my treat. The Ahjumma in that store is very nice. She always gives me a free scoop every time I buy there.” Ryuu happily said dragging Nana to the store.

After ordering, Ryuu was enthusiastically eating her cookies and cream ice cream while Nana on the other hand seems to play with her chocolate ice cream.

“Nana, is there anything wrong? It’s not good playing with food ya’ know.”

“Sorry… It’s just that… oh never mind.” Nana said standing up “Ryuu, I’m gonna leave first. I have other things to do.”

She left even before Ryuu could say good bye.

“Oh, why did your friend leave already? She hasn’t finished her ice cream yet. Or maybe perhaps she doesn’t like it.” The Store keeper said sitting beside Ryuu.

“Ah, Ahjumma, she said she had some things to do so she went ahead of me. And your ice creams are the best!” Ryuu exclaimed making a thumbs up sign.

“Hahaha, that’s what I like about you.” The shop keeper chuckled.

“Neh Ahjumma, do you think you can let me have a part-time job here?”

“Eh? What for?”

“Uhm you see, this amusement park opened last week , and I’m thinking of treating my friends there next week.”

“My, how thoughtful of you. Of course you can work here. You can start tomorrow morning.”

“Ahjumma, can I work only from morning to noon?”

“Sure. Be here tomorrow at 8 alright? Well then, goodbye.”

“Yes mam!” Ryuu said bowing. She gobbled her food quickly then dashed out of the store.

She applied for two more stores; a waitress at a restaurant and a bartender at a bar.

-the next day-

The alarm went off by 7 am. I was hesitant to get up but I need to. It’s for the sake of our first anniversary anyway. I got up and went to the bathroom to take a bath. After that I changed my clothes then went down. To my surprise, Nana wasn’t up yet. Usually she’d be up at this time but not today. I grabbed a piece of loaf then drank my milk (Nana always prepares it for me during the evening). I left a note before leaving.

I hurried to my first stop, the ice cream shop. My shift there is from 8-12pm. After a few minutes I got to the store. The Ahjumma was already there so I helped her set the place up.

 

Nana’s P.O.V.

 

Ugh, I can’t believe it’s already 9 am. I overslept. I wonder what Ryuu’s doing. She’s probably awake by now. I got up and went to the bathroom to freshen up. I went down but Ryuu isn’t there. Instead, I found a note saying:

 

Dear Nana,

I left early today. I have some business to do. Don’t bother waiting for me tonight, I might go home late. I drank the milk you prepared for me. As always, it was delicious! Thanks for that. Bye!

 

Some business to do?? Left earlier today? is this really Ryuu? Well anyway, she said she’d go home late… I didn’t mind it because I know she could take care of herself… I just wish she wouldn’t have an encounter with those creeps… ugh thinking about it wouldn’t help.

 

-fast forward to 12 pm-

 

Ryuu’s P.O.V.

 

Ahh~~ Finally! 12 pm. I removed my working clothes then got my bag. I went to the Ahjumma to bid farewell.

“Oh before you go, here’s your pay for today.” the Ahjumma said handing me a decent amount of payment. “Thank you very much Ahjumma!!” I exclaimed in delight. I bowed as many times as I can before I happily went out to my next job.

My next shift is in the restaurant on the next street. I had to work there from 12:30 to 5:30.

I got to the restaurant and quickly changed to my uniform. There was so many people so lazing around won’t do.

 

-fast forward to 6 pm-

 

I got my second pay of the day!! Gosh, I didn’t think earning money from one’s hard work is sooooo rewarding!!! I haven’t eaten lunch yet so I was very hungry. I had enough time allowance because my next shift is at a bar from 8-1am.

 It was already 7:30 when I finished eating. I decided to go to work early to earn extra credit. I had to pass YG building to get there so as soon as I was in front of the building, I felt that there’s something I’ve forgot to do here… something I’ve forgotten to get perhaps?... oh well. No time to stick around.

I got to the bar where I was working earlier than expected.

 

-fast forward to 1 am-

 

Finally it’s over!! I jumped out of joy after receiving my last payment for the day.

I continued on working until my savings were really high. It’s already been a week since I started working. And tomorrow is the big day. My hard work will finally pay off!! Just the mere thought of it makes me all giggle in delight. But really… every time I pass by YG building… something constantly bugs me… I wonder what it is…

 

End

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

 

-> Chapter 7… I think this season might end soon. Poor Ryuu, she doesn’t know what’s in store for her in the following days. Anyway, I appreciate you reading my fic but… at least leave a comment because I don’t know if I’m doing well or not. Good and bad comments will be accepted so feel free to do so. Thanks for reading and God Bless you!!