1

Tao's Moving Castle (HIATUS)

With short breaths escaping her small lips, she woke in the middle of the night with a sigh.

 
"That bad dream again.."
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Earth to dear Lee Hayi, wake up already, or the Great Master Kim will do 'it' to you. Again.." Hayi felt a soft poke felt on her nose.
 
"Okay... Give me one minute Jimin, I'm going to bathe. God, where did I put my towel last night?!" Hayi groaned and staggered out of her room, with messy hair and tired look plastered on her face.
 
"You had that bad dream again, haven't you?" Jimin patted her shoulder with concern, not happy looking at her only friend suffer." Oh? I mean, yeah.. It came again.." Hayi faintly whispered as she closed the door.
 

" Let's go, we're going to be busy all day long!" Jimin pulled Hayi's arm. "Yea, I know... Curse Autarchy Day.." Hayi mumbles softly, making Jimin laugh. " Well, if we don't finish all this hats for the soldiers, we won't be having food for a couple of days, and I don't want to argue with the authorities.." Jimin reminded.

"Oh yeah , that reminds me... Curse you Mayor Kim for making us work twice than usual.." Hayi rolled her eyes, causing both of them laughed.

"You two! What are you laughing about?!" the guard snapped, causing both of them to focus back to their little work; sewing hats for the country's soldier. Most of the Capitalism block were in Cold War, forcing every one of the country's children to work as substitute for the adults who went to war.

Most of the children weren't so lucky, as they were forced to be child labors, working all day and night at the factories. But two of them were considered safe, as they worked under the soldiers. Both Jimin and Hayi were found sleeping at the general's house back door.

 

 


 

 

"Work time is over, Hayi-ah. Let's go home already.. I'm dead tired here.. " Jimin sighed as she put her head on the table, eyes barely closed. Hayi just smiled, kicking Jimin's leg lightly and sat next to her. "Hey, Jimin?" "Yea? ". Hayi took a breath.

"I'm going to buy some roasted chicken for dinner." Hayi said. "Okay, but you better not go for too long. I'm worried of the enemies' spy roaming around the streets. Be careful."

Both of them parted their ways to continue their respective journey. Unbeknownst to Hayi, something was following her every footstep. Suddenly Hayi felt a tense presence of a being tapping her right shoulder lightly. Feeling a chill down her spine, Hayi turned around but saw that there was nothing but the dim lights of the streets. Fear slowly creep into her.

 

As quickly as she could, Hayi rushed to the shop to buy her desired food. "I heard about it." "Yeah, me too.. The spies are using black magic, right?" the adults wandering around the shop chatterses among themselves. Hearing those words made Hayi shivers for a second before she realize one thing she  would always say 'they cannot harm me'.

As she was about to walk out, a person pulled Hayi back in quickly and she almost fall. "What the heck?! What was that for?!". That person covered with his palm. "They're following you.. Please refrain from saying anything for a few minutes." Hearing that, she froze for a moment before nodding.

This person is trying to help her out.

After a few minutes of silence, the strange person pulled Hayi back on her feet before walking out of the shop. "I suggest that we don't look back" he smiled. Hayi wanted to know who is this man, as he was saving her life. But the bangs of his hair hides a great amount of his face, except his lips. The dim lights added more mystery. "Miss. May you offer me your hands?". She hesitated for a moment, before he tugged her closer towards him.

 

up.

 

Suddenly Hayi felt that both of her feet were walking on free air.

 

"Don't drop your jaws, my lady, or else bugs will get in.." he chuckled. Hayi didn't realize, and she quickly shut . And for a moment there, she felt amazed by the scenery before they went down, right in front of the back door. Hayi got her feet back on the ground. "May I ask you for your name?" Hayi asked him politely. The man gave her a smile. "Tao." The mysterious man then gave a soft peck at her forehead, before whispering

 

"stay safe, love." before disappearing into thin air. Hayi blinked her eyes. "Did he just called me love?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note;

*bows* I hope you like the new version of this story and I decided to keep some of the original pieces. And I'm awfully sorry for not updating it sooner. As my writer's block is fading, now I'm having more ideas to write.

 

comment, subscribe, and upvote (if you want to C:)