Pain, Sadness, Regret and Too Late

Sad Birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wooyoung life hasn’t always been a good one to him. His parents left him ever since he was a kid because of poverty. His spend all his childhood in an orphanage being bullied by the older kids there because of his fragile appearance. He was adopted by a pair of young couple who ended up abuse him because they said Wooyoung brings bad luck to them.

 

He ran away from that house at the age of 14 and spent his time homeless in the middle of the city of Seoul. He finds himself money by working at the newspaper boy in the morning, a laborer at the construction site until evening and finally as a waiter at some restaurant until late at night and that repeats everyday for the past 4 years.

 

Though he was dead tired when he is done with his work, but the pays he received help him to find a decent house for him to sleep and pay for his food. He also manages to save some money to take night classes because even with his poverty, education is something he doesn’t want to let go. He maybe alone, but it is better than being a burden to other people.

 

However, everything change when he meet an angel. An angel with a sweet smile, a comforting aura, a pair of gorgeous eyes with the name Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul. Having Nichkhun in Wooyoung’s life is really a blessing. Nichkhun is always beside him, being his best friends, being his lover and most importantly, being his most loyal companion.

 

Wooyoung meet Nichkhun when he was working at the restaurant. That day, Wooyoung starts his shift rather late because he finished his job at the construction site late. The restaurant owner was a very understanding with Wooyoung situation that she doesn’t mind when Wooyoung came late for work. However, Wooyoung felt really guilty, that he quickly changed to his uniform without stopping even for a moment to breath.

 

After putting on his uniform, Wooyoung quickly went to the kitchen to bring the orders to the customer. He picked up a tray full of drinks and carried it to the awaiting table. Wooyoung didn’t eat at all that day so he feels a bit dizzy when he begins to walk. On his way to the table, he accidently trip, causing the drinks to spill on one of the customer.

 

Wooyoung was panicking that he quickly went straight to clean the customer shirt with his apron. He heard the customer asking him to stop, saying that it’s fine. However, Wooyoung turns more panicky he took a napkin from the table and starts to clean the shirt with tears on his cheeks. He was really afraid that this mistake will cause him his work. He really needed this job to pay for all his bill and rent.

 

As he was cleaning, a pair of hand grabbed his, stopping his movement and pulling it of the customer’s shirt. He keeps his head down, preparing himself for what to come. Maybe a slap, maybe a fist or maybe, if he was lucky, just some vulgar words. However, there is a hand, with its fingers gently placed on his chin, lifting his head up.

 

He lifted his head and in front of his eyes, a handsome face, smiling at him. “It’s ok,” said the stranger. Wooyoung feels like his world stop spinning at that moment. Never, in his life he saw a smile so sweet and so sincere directed to him. At that time, Wooyoung feels that, life is finally going to be better to him. Better in what sense he doesn’t know but that’s just what he feel at that time.

 

After that day, Wooyoung feels that his life is brighter. His jobs become more enjoyable because he was looking forward to the end of the day, where he would start his work at the restaurant. Nichkhun has become a regular at that restaurant. NIchkhun always request Wooyoung to be the waiter that serves him. He and Nichkhun had become best friend.

 

He found out where Nichkhun came from, he got to know what he was doing, where he was staying, what is his hobby and his favourite food. From just a simple conversation at the restaurant, their meeting upgraded to hanging out together just to watch some movie, eating at restaurant recommended by Nichkhun and just hanging out at the park, just enjoying each other present.

 

They were hanging out with each other like that for two years when suddenly, their status changed. It was Wooyoung’s 19th birthday. Nichkhun brought Wooyoung to a movie just like their usual meeting. After the movie, Nichkhun brought him to ate at his house, simply because, he feels like cooking for Wooyoung.

 

When they reached Nichkhun’s house, Nichkhun asked Wooyoung to wait outside first. Wooyoung just obliged thinking that maybe Nichkhun want to clean his house a bit first. After about 5 minutes, NIchkhun invited him in but Wooyoung was confused as to why the house is too dark. “Are they no electricity?” asked Wooyoung to Nichkhun.

 

Instead of answering, NIchkhun grabbed Wooyoung hand gently and pulled Wooyoung towards the kitchen. Once they reached the kitchen, Wooyoung gasped loudly. He cannot believe his eyes. In front of his eyes, a table beautifully decorated, with foods and cake in the middle of it, the candle already lit, a bouquet of flower and a small box beautifully wrapped.

 

“I made the cake myself,” whispered Nichkhun so close to Wooyoung’s ear. Wooyoung turned his body to say thank you to Nichkhun, However, the scene in front of him, making him gasped one more time. Nichkhun was kneeling on both of his knee, pulling the zipper to his hoodie down slowly. Once the zipper was fully off, the words on Nichkhun’s shirt, completely making Wooyoung cried.

 

“Would you be my lover?” That sentence was printed in red on top of a white shirt. Nichkhun holds Wooyoung’s hand, smiling softly at him. “I made this shirt especially for today. Jang Wooyoung, would you be my lover?” asked Nichkhun earnestly. Wooyoung was crying very hard while nodding his head. “Of course i will.” Wooyoung then kneeled down together and hugs Nichkhun so tight. After that night, Wooyoung and Nichkhun cannot be separate.

 

Wooyoung moved in together with Nichkhun. Wooyoung quit all of his jobs because Nichkhun want him to spend more time focusing on his studies. Nichkhun even wanted to fully support Wooyoung school fees. Money was never an issue for Nichkhun because he came from a rich family. At first, Wooyoung rejected Nichkhun’s help because he is not used to be so dependent to other people, but after Nichkhun insisting, Wooyoung finally agree.

 

Wooyoung and Nichkhun lives happily together. Wooyoung spend his morning going to classes while Nichkhun with his work. In the evening, Wooyoung stayed at home and cooks for Nichkhun, waiting for him to get home. When Nichkhun returned home, Wooyoung will volunteer to massage Nichkhun which the latter gladly accept. Then they will spend time together eating, watching television and making love, before falling in love, tangled under the blanket.

 

Though their relationship was kept as a secret form Nichkhun’s family, that thing doesn’t matter much to Wooyoung because finally in his life, he has someone he can depend on, someone who he loves and love him back and someone who completes his life. Nothing else matter in his life except Nichkhun love. His life is finally happy. Or that’s what he hopes for.

 

For the first two years, his life with Nichkhun was always happy. However, after that, it begins taking a wrong turn. Wooyoung finally graduated and works as a writer for a column in newspaper. His work enables him to work from his house. At first, everything is going normal, however, as time goes by, Wooyoung can feel something different with Nichkhun.

 

One day, NIchkhun came home drunk which before this never happened. Wooyoung was worried because he knows something bad is happening at Nichkhun. Nichkhun came home cursing and even pat a few at Wooyoung. Wooyoung asked Nichkhun what’s wrong but he didn’t get any answer. Wooyoung can see NIchkhun was about to throw up so he wuickly dragged the drunk Nichkhun to the toilet.

 

Nichkhun vomit everything out. Wooyoung is loyal beside him, rubbing his back. Wooyoung was really worried when he saw Nichkhun like that, he was really worried to the point his heart hurts, hurts a lot. After Nichkhu done, using all his strength, Wooyoung cleaned Nichkhun and then bring him to bed. After tucking NIchkhun under the blanket, he took Nichkhun pants and shirt he wore earlier. He wanted to take NIchkhun’s belonging from the pocket before throwing the clothes to the laundry bin.

 

He put Nichkhun’s phone to the nightstand. However a thought passed his mind. He takes the phone back, wanting to check the text, maybe he can find out what’s wrong with Nichkhun. There is a lot of missed call from his mother, father and brother. Wooyoung was wondering, maybe something went wrong back at home.

 

His curiousity went another level. He opened Nichkhun’s inbox, reading the text one by one. His tears made his way to his cheeks. It turned out, Nichkhun’s family found out about their relationship. They forced Nichkhun to leave him and saying that he is an embarrassment to the family. The Horvejkul family even called him some name that was too bad for him to say.

 

Wooyoung turned his head to the sleeping Nichkhun and feels really guilty. He doesn’t know what to do. He loves Nichkhun too much to leave him. He always gave in in his life that for once, only this time, he want to defend something that is his. His relationship, his love, his Nichkhun. However, it will not work, if only one person was trying.

 

Ever since that day, Nichkhun and Wooyoung relationship turned sour and awkward. Nichkhun turns really quiet. He doesn’t spend much time home. He always out doing something else with someone else. They no longer make love or eat together. Everyday, it always Wooyoung waiting for NIchkhun to come home until falling asleep on the couch only to wake up in the morning sleeping at the same place with NIchkhun sleeps soundly in their room.

 

Wooyoung thought maybe Nichkhun is having a bad time because of his family so he decided to let NIchkhun be and doing whatever that he like. But, the longer Wooyoung let Nichkhun go, the further he feels  Nichkhun is. Wooyoung was deep in his thought when a knock at the door shaken him from his thought.

 

Wooyoung opened the door and see a tall man standing in front of him, smiling wide. “Hi, I’m Ok Taecyeon. I’m your new neighbor. Sorry to disturbed you but can I borrow from you a hammer?” asked the guy in front of him, smiling goofily. Wooyoung just gave a small smile at the guy befre giving him what he wanted.

 

Wooyoung thought he and Taecyeon will just be and ordinary awkward neighbor, but he was wrong. The latter friendly and humorous personality was something that Wooyoung’s need to make himself happy after getting the cold shoulder from Nichkhun. Taecyeon become a place for Wooyoung to spill all of his problem and got a comforting words in return from the older. In no time, Wooyoung and Taecyeon become bestfriend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter