Goodbye My Love

La La La

"He is my cousin Jongin, that's Kai's good friend. I have seen him for a few times already." Seohyun stuttered. "So, you two know each other before? What a coincendence! The world is so small." Changmin chukles. " Maybe you two can have a chat first, I need to go to the washroom." Changmin smiles politely and leaves his seat.

Silence is surrounding the two left in the seat and the atmosphere is very awkward. A few seconds passed, Kris decided to break the silence. "You didn't tell him about ... us?" Kris asked while gazing at Seohyun. " I have told him ... a bit. He knows I was dumped because my ex-boyfriend is a workaholic, but he doesn't know that my ex-boyfriend is you. " Seohyun replied with her soft yet calm voice. “How’s your life?” Seohyun casually asked. “Pretty good, but it’s better when you were with me. Perhaps I miss your nags and your sweet voice calling me Yifan instead of Kris.” Kris answered honestly because it is his true feelings. “You didn’t have a girlfriend, right?” “No, I didn’t date anyone since we broke up. Maybe I’m still waiting for you, Ms. Seo Joohyun.” Seohyun startled at Kris’ words, she senses that Kris still has feelings for her. If Kris did confess earlier, the situation would have changed as Seohyun feels the same as Kris. However, it’s already too late, Seohyun’s lover has changed to Changmin but not Kris.

By the time when Seohyun opens her mouths to speak, Changmin returns to his seat, “It seems that you two are chatting happily. Perhaps you two can be good friends. Hyunnie, did you ask anything from him?” Changmin added. “I have asked him whether he has a girlfriend or not and he said he didn’t. It is unbelievable, right? He is such a handsome boy! I should introduce some of my friends to him.” Seohyun replied while chuckling. Part of Seohyun’s words are lies, she wouldn’t introduce Kris to her friends and of course she is the sole reason why Kris is still single. “By the way, have you brought the invitation card, Hyun? The wedding invitation card.” Changmin watches Seohyun as she is searching the card. “Of course I have brought it, I’m not forgetful! Hey, I found it.” Seohyun takes the card from her handbag and gives it to Kris, “Our wedding will be held on 31st May, I hope you would come and share our happiness.” Seohyun adds with a smile. Kris is at thunderstruck, he is stiffened at the sudden invitation. He didn’t foresee it to be happened so quick, he is hurt, deeply hurt. But for politeness, he fakes a smile and reply, “Congratulations. I will come on that day. I wish you two happily ever after.” “Thank you. I wish you could find a girl who suits you best on that day.” Changmin said with a teasing tone.

With Changmin leading the conversation, the awkwardness evaporates and the three of them are chatting happily and giggles can be heard from them. The dinner ends with the bill paid by Changmin, “It’s getting late, I need to take Seohyun back home. See you soon Kris.” Changmin and Seohyun wave at Kris and Kris replies, “Bye hyung, see you soon also.” Changmin smiles and holds Seohyun’s hand to his car. Kris watches the scene fully, his heart sinks, and he wishes he could turn back the time, and everything would have changed. When Kris returns to his apartment, he takes the photo album with the photos between him and Seohyun. His tears shed when he continues to look at the photos, he can’t forget those memories between Seohyun and him, it is so sweet and unforgettable. Now, the relationship has reached the end there is no turning back for them. He let his tears flow while mumbling, “Goodbye my love.”

 

The wedding day eventually arrives, it is a sunny day that seems the god is giving the blessing to the couple. “Joohyun unnie, you look like a goddess today. You are stunningly beautiful.” Krystal praises the bride genuinely. “Krystal-ah, your boyfriend is searching for you at the reception. I will help Joohyun to tidy her wedding gown, you should serve the guest and find your little boyfriend Kai.” Yoona ordered mischievously. “Yoona unnie! Don’t forget to help Joohyun unnie to put on that tiara.” Krystal hits Yonna’s arm before she walked out from the room, she is blushing when Yoona is mentioning Kai.

When Krystal reaches the reception, she immediately sees her boyfriend but surprisingly she sees Kris as well. “Baby, do you miss me?” Kai hugs Krystal. Krystal is wondering why Kris is together with Kai, but Kris answers her doubt when he sees Krystal’s puzzling face, “I was invited by the groom, I’m his good friend. I just met Kai at the reception, you should know that we are good friends.” The mystery is solved and she said, “Unnie is stunning today. She is the most beautiful bride I have ever seen.” “Soojung, don’t you think you talk too much? Kris Hyung will see it later.” Kai then drags Krystal inside the church and find a seat with Kris. Krystal then replies, “I still have some stuff to complete at the reception, I’ll find you later Jongin.” Krystal leaves while places a kiss on Kai’s cheek, his cheek turns red abruptly as he feels embarrassed while Kris is giggling at him.

As Yoona is the maid of honor today, she has the responsibility to make Seohyun as the prettiest people today. “Yonna-ah, did you see him?” Seohyun suddenly asked. “Who? Kris Wu?” Yoona is puzzled at her best friend’s question, “Why did you ask about him? Don’t tell me you want to…” “No, I won’t leave of course. I met him 2 months ago together with Changmin. He still loves me, he must be hurt today.” Seohyun answered calmly while tiding her veil. “Serves him right! He didn’t know how to cherish you. You should thank him for breaking up with you. He deserves this result.” Yoona replies while mocking Kris. Seohyun only answer with her giggle. Suddenly, there is a knock from the door, the voice of the owner is Hyoyeon obviously, “It’s almost time, bring Joohyun with you now, Yoona. Taeyeon and Uncle Seo are waiting for us.” “Okay unnie, I’m bringing her out.” Yoona tidies her dress and checks the position of the tiara on Seohyun’s hair carefully, “Perfect. Let’s go, Mrs. Shim.”

The music playes as the groom enters the church, the guests especially the females are amazed as he is very handsome. He has caught all the attention during his pace to the altar. A few minutes later, the maid of honor is leading the bride together with her dear father to the altar. The maid of honor is known as a beauty who grasps the attention form the guest, some of the guests are murmuring, “She is beautiful.” However, when the bride is walking along the aisle, the guests’ mouths are gasping as the bride is just like an angel from heaven. She looks so pure plus her goddess-like feature. Kris is mesmerized by Seohyun, Krystal is right, the most beautiful bride that have ever seen. After today, she will be someone’s wife and she has found her happiness. Kris doesn’t know why he is relieved, may be a jerk like him doesn’t suit her.

The bride reaches the altar eventually. Her father gives her hand to the groom and his eyes seems telling the groom “Please take good care of my daughter.” The priest is standing near the altar gazes at the couple and praises them, “What a beautiful couple. I believe their babies will be very pretty.” This earns giggles from the groom and bride and also the guest. After that, they exchanged vows and pull on the wedding ring to each other’s ring finger. The priest then declares, “I now pronounce you two as husband and wife.” Changmin pulls the veil to the back of Seohyun's hair and kisses her, the guests inside the church give a round of applause to the newlywed to congratulate them. The corner of Kris’ eyes emerge a drop of tear, perhaps he is in the mixture of happiness and sadness. Finally, he has to let his girl go and he could only love secretly in his heart. To let his lover finding her happiness is the only thing he could do to, probably watching her smiling happily he will be happy as well.

After the ceremony the guest are taking photo with the newlywed at the stairs outside the church. When it comes to Kris’ turn, he is spacing out as he remembers those sweet memories between him and Seohyun. “Kris, Kris. Wu Yifan. Are you alright?” Yuri waved her hand in front of Kris to grasp his attention back."I'm sorry." Kris replied embarassingly. "Yuri Unnie, maybe he is tired.” Seohyun added with her gentle voice. Kris is arranged to stand beside Seohyun when taking photos, they didn’t have the proximity that close since they broke up. Kris is quite nervous about that but Seohyun looks at him with a smile which assures him. After taking photo, Seohyun throws her bouquet of flowers to the back and Krystal receives it. Her unnies are grinning delightfully and Sulli teases loudly, “Kim Jongin, Jung Soojung is waiting for you to get her home!” Jessica frowns at Sulli’s remark, “Hey Kim Jongin, I don’t permit my sister to marry you that early. You have to ask for my permission.” Jessica added. Everyone around laughs at Kai while he is blushing and scratching his head.

Kris walks to the garden beside the church to breathe for some fresh air, he has watched his lover tiding the knot with another man. Just then, Kai walks into the garden and he sees Kris leaning on the fence, “Hyung, What are you doing here?” Kai causally asked. “Breathing some fresh air and celebrate my late love.” Kris replies coldly, ridiculing himself. Kai understands his friends thought, it must be sad to see someone you love marrying another person. “Hyung, why did you choose to sacrifice your love to Noona? Why don’t you compete with Changmin Hyung?” Kai wishes to know Kris’ real thought this why he asked the question. "Hyung, why didn't try to get Noona back? It's clear that you are still in regret, why don't you have a try?" Kai frowns at Kris. "Jongin, love is so special. It has many forms, just like my love to Joohyun is to let her go. Joohyun is not my soulmate yet I still love her, she owes a very special place in my heart." Kris continues his speech, "Of course I have a thought to restart our relationship, Jongin. However, when i saw that my rival is Changmin Hyung, I know I will lose undoubtly. I have wounded her pride and esteem, there is no reason for her to restart our love." Kai is baffling but he tries to digest Kris' words.

"When love comes, you can't reject it but to accept it. I should let her go, a jerk like me does not deserve her love." Kris chukles and continues his speech," I love her as always and she is my forever love. At least I saw her smiles wholeheartedly even though the one beside her is not me. I should move from her but I don't know when will I find my love, just let it comes. Or I will be a bachelor for the whole life since my girl is not mine anymore." "Let's go, we still need to attend the banquet held at night." Kris drags Kai from the garden and walk towards the car. Before Kris left, he peeks at Seohyun and has a thought “Perhaps we will be a couple again in our afterlife. I‘ll not let you leave me again if it really happens. I’ll wait for you, Seo Joohyun.”

 

The end

Sorry for the late update *bows*

Please do comment :)

Lastly, thank you once again :D